These boards or my computer?

lysolqn

Has anyone else been experiencing difficulty over the past few days? I know the boards were down for maintenance yesterday but now that they're up and running again, things seem to be moving mightly slowly or not at all. Not sure if it's a gremlin in my computer or...

Once in awhile I have a hiccup or two(white screens etc. but I think that because it was down for about 9 hours, so many people were anxious for their "fix" to get back to CC that maybe that caused problems. So far it has been not to bad.

marilyn

I'm still having problems too. I get the dreaded "white screen" anytime I try to post. Slow opening threads. And I hate the new format. It's so difficult to see what thread you want, then get the arrow to point at the right one. The old columns were much easier to navigate than these paragraphs. I was hoping it was just a glitch, but it appears this is the new format. Good luck to all!:(

In our Roll Call...it seems to have lost several of my postings:confused: However when I log out and look at the Roll Call the postings are there:confused: Anyone else having the same problem:confused: Also all of a Sudden I've been getting a Log On Screen:confused:

Hi Guys ~ I'm going to ask Laura to drop in with an update. Some of the problems you've described are happening to some but not others. The columns on the main page will return once that formatting system is back in place (something happened when the upgrade took place but the columns will return....I probably didn't explain that well...sorry).

I will try to get you an update....but I know they are working on all of these issues. Thanks for hanging in there!

Thanks Anne. Seems the boards are worse today than

before the upgrade. Can't see postings....even though it says

someone posted..then, oh there it is........

Dreaded white screen....duplicate postings.

Are you sure they upgraded things?

Just to let you guys know I've found two things both before and after the software upgrade.

If you are trying to just switch pages and nothing happens for 30 seconds or you get the blank page: Use your F5 key and you will get there 90% of the time.

If you posted and no acknowledgement came back: Don't hit the post button again or you probably will dual post. Open another browser window (or tab or IE 7.0) and look to see if it got posted.

This seems bad but for us oldsters InfoPop (or InfoPOOP) was much worse.

Hi Guys ~ I'm going to ask Laura to drop in with an update. Some of the problems you've described are happening to some but not others. The columns on the main page will return once that formatting system is back in place (something happened when the upgrade took place but the columns will return....I probably didn't explain that well...sorry).

I will try to get you an update....but I know they are working on all of these issues. Thanks for hanging in there!

Thany You - Anne:)

George & MaryBeth ~ thanks for the info....we'll try anything!

Lois ~ I don't think the issues we're experiencing are related to the upgrade. In other words, the upgrade didn't fix issues we had beforeand. They are working on it....really, truly, honest! :)

• Administrators

Hi Folks:

The "upgrade" was a necessary first step in correcting the "white screen" issues of the past few weeks. We felt it best to get the newest version up and running, because eventually vendors limit support on older versions.

Anyway, we are working on the white screen issues.

What we're scratching our heads at is the reports of additional log in windows/screens/popups. I have not yet been able to recreate them.

If you could I would appreciate more of a description about these login screens. Also, if anyone can take a screen shot and send it to me I 'd be most appreciative. Send to: community@cruisecritic.com.

Laura

Knock on wood--I have not been having the problems everyone is describing. I've been logged in automatically, no white screen and no pop-up boxes. Occasionally a bit of slowness, which may be just in my perception since I am used to the usual speed of RoadRunner. Not as S L O W as before the upgrade, when I sometimes thought I was back to dial-up

I don't think that screenshots are going to do much good... I would be looking in your server logs (if you can)... it looks like your running into some PHP errors (or whatever this bb is running on)... which are preventing the server to present the HTML pages...

It's probably an admin setting somewhere ... check with your server hosting company.

I don't think that screenshots are going to do much good... I would be looking in your server logs (if you can)... it looks like your running into some PHP errors (or whatever this bb is running on)... which are preventing the server to present the HTML pages...

It's probably an admin setting somewhere ... check with your server hosting company.

Templed you seem very knowledgeable about this. I hope that you will send your message to Laura. That might help.

Marilyn

Archived