Nassau for Spring Breakers!

serendipity16

Hi everyone! My friends and I will be going on the Majesty of the Seas on 3/5 for our spring break trip. We've been reading the posts on this board and figuring out what to do in Nassau and Key West. We'll be in Nassau from 8am to midnight and here are some of the things that we hope/plan to do (we're saving the beach for CocoCay :D):

-Bacardi Rum Factory (I looked on the map and it seems kind of far from the port, there will be about 10 of us, would that be enough to get a tour? What transportation should we take?)

-Queens Staircase

-Parliament Square

-Ardastra Gardens

-Straw Market

-Parasailing (any suggestions for where to do this? I don't think RCCL even offers this as an excursion at Nassau. I read somewhere that we can get a

7 to 8 mins ride for $45 at Crystal Palace Parasailing. Does anyone have experience with this? Or anyone knows a better place to do it? I checked online and I think Crystal Palace is in the Wyndham. We thought about saving the parasailing for CocoCay but it's just so much more expensive!)

-getting rum cake at the Bahamas Rum Cake Factory

-Arawak Cay possibly for local food

I would really really appreciate it if anyone could give me any suggestions on where to go/not go and any additional info on Bacardi Rum Factory and parasailing!! Thanks so much!

serendipity16

we're on the same cruise. i would also like to get to the Rum factory, so i hope you get some info here. i'm not sure of your plans other wise bu ti founsd a yellow bird party boat cruise. it's not avalible from RCCl but is avalible at the peir. the boat leaves at 1pm and is $20. we have a roll call board started on this site for the 3-5 majestiy cruise. come by and say hi.

hope you get your answers and hope have a great spring break.

Corey & Kelly

Hi everyone! My friends and I will be going on the Majesty of the Seas on 3/5 for our spring break trip. We've been reading the posts on this board and figuring out what to do in Nassau and Key West. We'll be in Nassau from 8am to midnight and here are some of the things that we hope/plan to do (we're saving the beach for CocoCay :D):

-Bacardi Rum Factory (I looked on the map and it seems kind of far from the port, there will be about 10 of us, would that be enough to get a tour? What transportation should we take?)

-Queens Staircase

-Parliament Square

-Ardastra Gardens

-Straw Market

-Parasailing (any suggestions for where to do this? I don't think RCCL even offers this as an excursion at Nassau. I read somewhere that we can get a

7 to 8 mins ride for $45 at Crystal Palace Parasailing. Does anyone have experience with this? Or anyone knows a better place to do it? I checked online and I think Crystal Palace is in the Wyndham. We thought about saving the parasailing for CocoCay but it's just so much more expensive!)

-getting rum cake at the Bahamas Rum Cake Factory

-Arawak Cay possibly for local food

I would really really appreciate it if anyone could give me any suggestions on where to go/not go and any additional info on Bacardi Rum Factory and parasailing!! Thanks so much!

Bacardi & Company Ltd.

Bacardi Road

Nassau, The Bahamas

Phone: (242) 362-3100

The Bacardi Company offers complimentary tours of the Bacardi Plant and drink sampling during their tours. Bacardi Rum is solely manufactured in The Bahamas.

Tours are conducted Mondays - Thursdays 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Fridays 11.00 a.m. (weather permitting). The offices and plant are closed Saturdays, Sundays and holidays

Take the #16 jitney bus from downtown Nassau. This is a half hour ride or more each way.. so watch your timeing. Jitney Fare is $2 each way.

Adastra gardens is just outside of town to the west. www.ardastra.com

Arawak Cay is nearby.. just walk out the gate.. walk to the left to the main road and look to the left.. you'll see a group of building in the clearing past the beach.. that's Arawak Cay.

Crystal Palace is another 8 or so miles past that to the west. (yes, it's the wyndham. Parasailing and other sports close up around 5pm .. so again. watch your timing.

You can also find parasailing on Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island near the RIU or Atlantis.

Keep in mind that most tours and attractions close at 5pm..

BTW.. you can pick up Rum Cake in any liguor store or souvenier shop, no need to go to the factory.

serendipity16

we're on the same cruise. i would also like to get to the Rum factory, so i hope you get some info here. i'm not sure of your plans other wise bu ti founsd a yellow bird party boat cruise. it's not avalible from RCCl but is avalible at the peir. the boat leaves at 1pm and is $20. we have a roll call board started on this site for the 3-5 majestiy cruise. come by and say hi.

hope you get your answers and hope have a great spring break.

Corey & Kelly

I'm pretty sure the Yellowbird tour is more than $20.. I think it's $27. You may have gotten a quote for a group. Be prepared.

Archived