Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

I stayed in one of the cabins to the aft on the bottom deck of the Veendam (oceanview to port side). It was great to be at the end of the hall and quiet most of the time. The problem was the mornings when we were heading into port (at 5 AM). Whatever machines and cranks, etc. that they used to dock the ship were apparently right on the other side of our wall. It was LOUD and it seemed to take forever. I would definitely suggest staying a few cabins farther forward!

Deck 7 balconies have an overhang over the lifeboats directly below so you can't see the water. No big deal. But it is quite surprising to be enjoying a private moment on your balcony and become startled as a hatch in the overhang opens and a crew member comes up through it! I'm sure being on deck 7 at all creates potential to have a crew member climbing around outside while washing windows or whatever, but 7122 had the hatch right out front too.

I wouldn't book it again as I enjoy the privacy a balcony normally affords me.

We have room 6410 upper deck on the Liberty. We are above the Stage lounge. Has anyone had this room.

6410 is located under the seating section of the hot & Cool club (not the stage lounge.)

If you are early to bed people-- find another cabin--if not you will be fine.

PS-- did you know you can see all your posts with replies-- by going to the top of the screen and clickin gon USER CP-- it will show you every post that you hada question--all new replies that have been posted since your last visit will be shown there.

or

click on your name and it will give you an optionto view all your posts.

First cruise and I have an outside cabin on deck 3 and have been asked about upgrading for more money. Is it worth it to move to deck 7 and have a balcony or does it just depend on where the cabin is located. There must be a reason that some of the balcony rooms would not be taken since they would seem to be the preferred rooms. I don't want to have my first cruise ruined by noise because I don't plan to sleep too much but when I sleep it needs to be good sleep. It is either 7 or eight that may be a consideration for upgrade. I will speak with agent again tomorrow. This is a good place to be able to read some negative thing to look for since nothing is ever perfect but most I have read has been good.

I wish someone would answer us about the balcony rooms on deck 7:confused:

on the rhapsody of the sea ..out of Galveston. 6/24/07

I wish someone would answer us about the balcony rooms on deck 7:confused: on the rhapsody of the sea ..out of Galveston. 6/24/07

http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/rhapsodyoftheseas.htm

considering how big deck 7 is ---- got a cabin number??

Cruise critics represents less then 1% of the sailing public. Hvae you googled your cabin number (with the ships name?) thats how I found the aweseom cabin on caribeban princess.

Rooms Not To Book - NORWEIGAN PEARL:

11524, Penthouse AB - Directly under the free weights and weight machine in the gym. Absolutely disturbing - and until NCL decides to curb the gym's 24 hour operation, they will definitely get more complaints. We also had mini suite 11526 for our daughters, which also heard the noise, but not quite as loud as the master bedroom. Our friends were in 11522 and 11520 and they were also disrupted (these are mini suites).

It took NCL Pearl staff 4 days to close the gym at 10pm. Ridiculous.

We were on the Jewel Apr 22 for transatlantic. They closed the Gym from 11 pm to 6 or 7 am

http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/rhapsodyoftheseas.htm

considering how big deck 7 is ---- got a cabin number??

Cruise critics represents less then 1% of the sailing public. Hvae you googled your cabin number (with the ships name?) thats how I found the aweseom cabin on caribeban princess.

Yes, cabin 7034 and the handicap cabin next door, thanks

we are booked on the pride next february and have cabin number 6232 and it looks like a sweet room with a big balcony, im just concerned about the noise.:confused:

there wont be any noise when you are in the cabin with the door closed

We were in 7640 (Feb 07)and above the Schooner bar piano, with someone who thought the louder they sang the better it sounded. NOT the case, he was bad enough in the lounge, worse when trying to sleep. Luckily he finished about 1-1:30am and some nights we were not back.

However the night a lady sang she was good and we did not hear her in the cabin!

Our next cruise we are booked in between cabin decks

Hi, just got back from the Glory today, although the cruise was fantastic, the room was not! We were upgraded to 8C and were in cabin 8356. The view was really nice but we were serenaded to sleep each night from all the chairs being drug across the floor on the Lido deck above us, all night long! I checked the map before choosing the room and thought I would be safe since it was below the corner of the restaurant, but I was mistaken. If I had to do it all over again I would have stuck with my 8A. Just thought I would pass it along. Didn't let it spoil out good time though!

We were in Pride 6232 in November 2005. I'm sure you must have seen pictures of this cabin's balcony. Huge. Very comfortable cabin. It seems that Carnival requires 4 occupants now. They were allowing 3 when we we had it. Too bad, we would have booked this again in a heartbeat.

Have a wonderful time! Don't forget there is storage in the draws under the sofa sleeper, and you can store your suitcases under the main bed, leaving lots of room in the closet for shoes!!!!

Pizzeria is located above the cabin 8384-- you want to avoid cabins that may be under the kitchens of this area.

It has been reported many times that staying on this deck UNDER the pool area you hear scrapings of chairs. SOme people hear it--some others dont..

I never hear a peep....wine does the trick.....couple of shot too...

If you are allergic to alcohol, i suggest earplugs! Definately drown out my ex boyfriend.....teehee

I never hear a peep....wine does the trick.....couple of shot too...

If you are allergic to alcohol, i suggest earplugs! Definately drown out my ex boyfriend.....teehee

Wow, earplugs just might go on the packing list. Or maybe I will just get them for around the house. Shots or earplugs, who gets which, rock, paper sissors?

My parents took a cruise on the Radience of the Sea May 07. They went with a group of Seniors from their town. They booked a delux balcony room.

They were very dissapointed with the location of their cabin. It was at the back of the ship where there was no elevator. They had to walk to the center of the ship, up the elevator, then walk back to the rear of the ship for dinner. The buffet was also at the back of the ship so this long walk could not be avoided. Also this room was directly over the disco. It would have been fine for a younger couple that wasn't trying to sleep at night. It was so loud they could even hear the singing. The constant base was overwhelming.

They called to complain, but it took 3 calls and two nights for them to do something. They said no other rooms were available, but then upgraded someone in their group to a balcony room. They shouldn't lie. People talk and always find out.

I was randomly assigned E1/7662 Does anyone know if this room has any cons to it ... don't know anything about criteria in selecting a room.

It's just my husband and I .... the representative said that it's a balcony room ... that could sleep 3-4 ... and is oversized.... thought we were lucky to get it... now I want to be sure he didn't give it to us because of the things posters here have mentioned ...like under a pool or club etc.

Does anyone know if this room is okay??? I'm getting nervous as to why it was available on a last minute booking.

I have already booked a cabin on 5th deck above lifeboats. Cousin is wanting to book a room in this area, 5119, 5121, etc., but is concerned about the lifeboats on 4th deck causing a problem. I think only if you look directly down. Anyone have any answers......how far down are the tops of the boats from the floor of the balcony on 5 and how far out do these extend from the front of 5th floor balcony. Thank you so much.....I would love for her to go on this cruise with us. gg