Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

My boyfriend and I just booked our first cruise. We are on the Victory, room 8232. I read earlier in the thread that that is a good cabin- is that the case on every ship?

Thanks! Amy[

No depends on the class of ship.

On your ship its under and over cabin space away from public areas.

on the spirit class ships its one of three bigger balconies.

http://i48.tinypic.com/28jlevq.jpg

your balcony will look nothing like that.

My boyfriend and I just booked our first cruise. We are on the Victory, room 8232. I read earlier in the thread that that is a good cabin- is that the case on every ship?

Thanks! Amy

No. on the spirt class ship 8232 is one of three very large balcony cabins

yours will look nothing like that

Thanks! Amy]

when is your cruise?

For me personally. Its too far forward. But its a good choice.

I prefer my cabin to be on deck 7 more towards the back..

7391 is where my cabin is.

no across the hall neighbor. this is where they store the fire door.

close to stairs / elevators. Up two decks for the food and pool

down 2 decks for the entertainment. The only time I need to travel is to go to the show lounge.

Please note that this ship has dead ends. You can NOT get to the aft dining room except by using the aft elevator and you can not get to the forward dining room unless you use the forward elevator. So note which dining room you get when you board.

Thanks! Amy[

No depends on the class of ship.

On your ship its under and over cabin space away from public areas.

on the spirit class ships its one of three bigger balconies.

your balcony will look nothing like that.

Haven't posted (or read) here in a while. Just wanted people to know I sailed on the Vista Inaugural in a Family Harbor Deluxe OV cabin 2458. I wrote a review if anyone wants more info (click my name, then the stats tab, then threads started by me).

There were some complaints about Havana cabins being noisy because the band plays there fairly late. And I'm hoping everyone realizes that those pricey aft cabins do not overlook the water but the Havana pool area.

For the newbies, there's a site called cruisedeckplans dot com that has a "drag decks" feature. It's very, very useful to see what is above and below the cabin you're considering booking. I have it open whenever I call to book a cruise.

R29 - porthole cabins are nice. Cabin may be slightly larger than typical OV because of that bend in the hull. I've found that it isn't really usable space, though.

Be aware that there may be lots of movement that far forward, so if that's an issue, be prepared. Lots and lots of info out there about remedies (I swear that Ginger Root has cured me). Also, noise from the anchor if you have any tender ports.

I'm one of those rare people who actually prefers an inside to having "just" a window. Since I'm often solo, I can't usually afford a balcony, so I stick to my nice, dark interior cabins and sleep like a baby. Any light seeping in around the window and I wake up literally at the crack of dawn. So, consider that, too.

If proximity to food is important, that's another thing to consider. I prefer to be as far away from the food as possible. :p Take the forward stairs up to Promenade deck, walk all the way aft (to catch my breath), then up another flight of stairs to Lido and food. I don't gain weight when I cruise despite the vastly increased caloric intake! ;)

R29 - porthole cabins are nice. Cabin may be slightly larger than typical OV because of that bend in the hull. I've found that it isn't really usable space, though.

Be aware that there may be lots of movement that far forward, so if that's an issue, be prepared. Lots and lots of info out there about remedies (I swear that Ginger Root has cured me). Also, noise from the anchor if you have any tender ports.

;)

I also want to add- August is prime time hurricane season and although you will not be sailing in the hurricane you could hit rough waters. so being that far forward you will feel the most of the motion

I was told that the cruise is sold out. :mad: Any suggestions as to handle the noise and movement for motion sickness? Thanks.

If you don't get car sick or sick on amusement rides I think you will be fine.

Our first cruise I invested in sea bands. Bracelet type of wear.

I don't like meds that will make me drowsey or tired.

Ginger tablets or ginger candies are good too

Noise? what noise?

we also travel with a travel noise machine for white noise.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have information on Cabin 2245 on the Splendor? I looked on the map and it looks like its under the theater. I am assuming though after any shows are over it should be quiet? I would probably not go to sleep till after midnight? Not sure how it would be in the AM?

Thanks in advance!!

Does anyone have information on Cabin 2245 on the Splendor? I looked on the map and it looks like its under the theater. I am assuming though after any shows are over it should be quiet? I would probably not go to sleep till after midnight? Not sure how it would be in the AM?

Thanks in advance!!

That cabin will get the thump thump of the base every show time

On port days that have tender-- the people leave from the show lounge.

on other port days this is where people meet for the ship sponser excursions. they use a mircophone so you should not hear anything on those days.

Dancers practice too.