Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

What about JS 9618 on the hump of the Mariner OTS? Is that a good cabin? Does anybody have any pics on this cabin that they could share with me? This is near the elevators, will it be too noisy for the wife and me, we have a time getting to sleep and wake up easy as well?

Thanks, :)

Could someone tell me what the big open space next to room 6405 on valor is? Is this a good or bad room??

Anyone that has stayed in or heard about rooms 6440, 6483 and 1233 on valor with information to share on these rooms would be appreciated.

Could someone tell me what the big open space next to room 6405 on valor is? Is this a good or bad room??

Anyone that has stayed in or heard about rooms 6440, 6483 and 1233 on valor with information to share on these rooms would be appreciated.

What about JS 9618 on the hump of the Mariner OTS? Is that a good cabin? Does anybody have any pics on this cabin that they could share with me? This is near the elevators, will it be too noisy for the wife and me, we have a time getting to sleep and wake up easy as well?

Thanks, :)

http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/marineroftheseas.htm

you could look through that site to check out photos of the JS. you also want to check the Voyager, Explorer to see if its available there too.

These are all sister ships and the cabins will be identical;

Once in your cabin you shouldnt hear the elevators. Now if you are sailing with rude/obnoxious people thats a different matter entirely and you will hear those no matter where your cabin is located

6405 (that area is crew stairs- you wont hear nothing from that area.

6440 ( that white area is behind your cabin and wont interferr with you at all.

6483 is a 9A wrap around- looking on www.cruiseclues.com will get you many photos of those cabins

Was wondering if anyone had any pics of this room.

Thanks!!

the cabin will look like the other cabins- nothing has changed inside the cabin-- but its the balcony you want to be looking for photos of.

These balconies do not get ocean breezes and could get quite warm. Keep the curtains closed during the day to keep the cabin cool.

2599247250040287513fNRHmm_th.jpg

decks are tiered- People above can only see you if you stand at the railing.

the dividers are angled so you can look into the next balcony without leaning over the edge.

the views back here are amazing.

283585957lnziFZ_th.jpg

hi serene 56,

how's cabin 7362 on the liberty. it's on the empress deck.

an electrical locker is supposed to be opposite us.

thanks,

cinnamon123

electrical lockers are located throughout the ship. When I saw posting about ice machines. electricals, the plumbing closests it kinda made me leary of booking our cabins. But when you are walking the hallways you will see many little doors so many feet apart. You have to be really looking to see them. Most people probably dont even know they are there since they are not paying attention.

When you do get onboard- let me know if you agree with that.

After a decade of ferrying back and forth to Bermuda on her, our good old homey Majesty is leaving Boston for drydock and Charleston and now we are faced with booking on an unknown ship: the Dream.

Good news: it can get through the cut and into St. George. Bad news: the

configuration of possible rooms seems strange.

197 foot cabins = balcony and no bathtubs

Larger "penthouse suites" = no balcony but "picture window" (which, in my

experience has been some sort of rectangular thing - not floor to ceiling)

Does anyone have any experience with the Dream and these configurations?

Balcony not as important (red head = sizzled in sun) as ability to lounge about

and look out on view from room. For as little $$ as possible.

Thanks for any suggestions.

margretha:cool:

Was thinking about doing a 10 night Caribbean and Panamal Canal Cruise on the Jewel OTS but don't know what would be a good cabin to pick they have 8168 available, the corner aft. Is this a good cabin for this cruise or should we be on a certain side to go through the canals?

Is this even a good cruise to go on?

Does 8168 have a good balcony or is it obstructed and small?

Thanks again for all your help. :)

We booked 8620 on the RCL Navigator of the Seas.

Question:

Cabins 8612 - 8628 are right across the elevators. Is there any hallway in-between and if no, do we get a lot of noise from people waiting for the elevators?

Thanks a lot

hp

If someone has the time could you rate the aft cabins in order of preference? Sounds like Deck #10 would be the best - after that though do you want the side like cabin #9690 or #7688 which has the additional window? Or do you want to be in the middle - more sun etc? Pls. advise.

If you are just interested on going on a cruise and cabins are not important! Think again, thats what I used to think until our latest cruise on the Valor. We were supposed to get a 2 category upgrade but didn't get it and we were on the bottom deck towards the back cabin #'s 1430, 1434, and 1442. When we were docking it sounded like we were going to drop through the bottom of the ship. I thought a couple of times our TV would shake off the shelf. If we were not porting or leaving port the rooms were fine. If you like to sleep in forget it especially when you are scheduled to dock somewhere.

Glad to see a board about cabins....Has anyone ever been in cabin 9201 lido deck it is a 6b with obstructed veiw ocean veiw.... was wonering about noise since it looks like stairs right out side of door. It has a handicap cabin next to it.

the stairs lead to the outside deck--which are public area.

For the same money I would take the 9203 or 9302 (as long as it dont have a * inside the cabin which denotes that the beds cane bepushed together.

these cabins are obstructed-- you get a wall that is on the public deck.

If someone has the time could you rate the aft cabins in order of preference? Sounds like Deck #10 would be the best - after that though do you want the side like cabin #9690 or #7688 which has the additional window? Or do you want to be in the middle - more sun etc? Pls. advise.

1st choice of course would be 1388 or 1688

then deck 7 corners since they are the bigger.

stay completly off deck 6 (even on the side ones)

After those choices i would take the middle ones for the sliding glass doors instead of the regular doors that open out.

(balconies on the aft will not have ocean breezes and could be quite warm. they are laods bigger then whats offered on the side.

there is also a steel structure that bothers some people but not many.

the stairs lead to the outside deck--which are public area.

For the same money I would take the 9203 or 9302 (as long as it dont have a * inside the cabin which denotes that the beds cane bepushed together.

these cabins are obstructed-- you get a wall that is on the public deck.

My problem is the rooms on the sides 9203 that look larger are handicap. maybe the stairs won't be too noisy. It was this or down on rivera or main not knowing what could be and being that low on the ship I opted for the lido I like being out and we are usually out more then in to sleep or change. I figured a few feet back is the buffet and pool. Hope I can live with it. The wall does have the stairs there and you can stand there and see out can't you?

How are the beds set-up? On the Ectasy, the beds are in the L position. The upper bed seems to be very low to the lower one. I can't imagine someone sleeping with a bed about about 1 1/2 feet above his head. You can lay the other way, but you will not be able to see the tv.

you get no sea breezes on the aft. Its like sitting in a car with the window down-

the side ones are like porches. they have the roofs over them- much sun depends on the route you are sailing. SOme get some sun in the morning and the other side will get it in the afternoon.

remember--the cat 11 aft on deck 5 is not worth the money.

Hi Serene, would the cat 11 deck 5 be worth it as an upgrade?

Hi Serene, would the cat 11 deck 5 be worth it as an upgrade?

is it free? yes- will you be paying for a full suite price? then only you can determine if its worth it.

For the huge wrap around balcony and the priorty boarding yes . for the cabin space- no. if you book this cabin and go in with the knowledge on what you are getting then you should be ok-

have you seen the pics of the wrap around balcony?