Pineapple Resort all inclusive

Deb&Bert

We will be there next week and set up with Carl and Gordon with http://www.antiguapremiertours.com/ . They are higly recommended via this site and book of fast.

They are $16 dollars pp with discounts for kids under 12.

The taxi rate is $12 pp RT. So we are happy with the $16 pp with someone meeting us and picking us up and coming back that is highly

recommended...

antiguapremiertours@gmail.com

Good Luck... let me know how it goes.

Terre,

Have you tried this link?

http://www.allegroantigua.com/index.phtml

Give it a try....it is the one I use

Thanks, Sandy, that one didn't work either. We did contact them from the site I found and you verified, and also contacted Scenic Tours Antigua. We plan to book with Sean and get the pass through him. Thank you so much for helping us with this. We will be there on June 1. If you go and get back before then, let us know how you liked everything from Sean to the resort!:D

Sandy,

I'm going to email these people as per sunandfunatsea's suggestion. Let's see what they will charge us. Funny about taxi fares.....they never seem to be the same from group to group.

I know about the meet and greet at 10:30 on the 2nd (I forget where as well). I haven't really kept up with the roll call this trip as it is a LOT of reading :)

Yes, we have teens....my son is 16 and my daughter is 18 and the families cruising with us have a couple of 16-17 year old girls. This is our 5th cruise, but first time with Norwegian. You're going to love cruising!!

I'll let you know what Antigua Premier Tours has to say.

Kathy

You guys are going to have to let me and others know how your day at Pineapple Beach Resort goes...

I am set up with Gordon on the 11th of Apr. to take a group of us there from the crown princess!

I can't wait and hope to have a great time there for the day!!!

Have fun! Hope its a blast

Larry

Sandy,

I'm going to email these people as per sunandfunatsea's suggestion. Let's see what they will charge us. Funny about taxi fares.....they never seem to be the same from group to group.

I know about the meet and greet at 10:30 on the 2nd (I forget where as well). I haven't really kept up with the roll call this trip as it is a LOT of reading :)

Yes, we have teens....my son is 16 and my daughter is 18 and the families cruising with us have a couple of 16-17 year old girls. This is our 5th cruise, but first time with Norwegian. You're going to love cruising!!

I'll let you know what Antigua Premier Tours has to say.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

That sounds good. I will wait to hear back from you on a price. Getting really excited!!!! I started packing the last few days.... I am trying not to overpack....but it is hard not to! Maybe we'll need this...maybe we'll need that...... have to start limiting the clothes! We have an inside cabin for the 4 of us. I know it will be tight, but at the rate I am going we will have nowhere to sleep!

Talk soon!

Sandy

You guys are going to have to let me and others know how your day at Pineapple Beach Resort goes...

I am set up with Gordon on the 11th of Apr. to take a group of us there from the crown princess!

I can't wait and hope to have a great time there for the day!!!

Have fun! Hope its a blast

Larry

Hi Larry,

Yes... we will definitely let you know how it is as GPBR. If you don't mind me asking....what was Gordon's price.... for roundtrip to Pineapple? We are trying to be frugal here on paying for a ride. Every little bit adds up....for other fun things to spend money on!

Thanks

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

Gordon comes highly recommend from previous cruisers and I wanted someone to show some sites on the way and talk about antigua rather than a straight cab ride over.

He quoted us $16 per person roundtrip. I hear its about 1/2hr from the dock, but I imagine a little bit longer if he gives a more guided tour over there. I guess that part you could work out with him directly.

He did tell me he likes to book at least 4, but more is better. He has a very clean and comfortable van from what he told me and also mentioned by others.

Good Luck! Hope it all goes well. I'll look forward to hearing what you have to say about GPBR!! Thank you.

Larry

Sandy:

I heard back from Gordon and he quoted me $16.00 round trip just like everyone said :).

I say let's go for it....that way we won't have to worry about finding something at the port. When I hear yea or ney from you, I'll let Gordon know.

I know what you mean about packing although I haven't started yet. I've gotten really good at packing for 5 in 3 suitcases, three garment bags and a couple of duffle bags. the problem is that you always add things and then find that you didn't really need it when you pack to go home!

Larry:

We'll certainly let you know how the resort is and how the taxi ride with Gordon is as well.

Kathy

There is an excellent guy that friends and then myself have used. His name is Sean and he has a great bus and even gave us a mini tour before getting to the hotel. His contact details are seanscenictours@gmail.com and I believe his number is 268 764 3060. He has a website too...try scenistoursantigua.

Good luck

Hi fellow cruisers!

We've booked an all-inclusive day pass at Pineapple Beach club for our day in Antigua on Monday April 2nd!

Looking to see if anyone would care to join us, and share in the cost of transportation to the resort.

Can't wait!

Thanks!

dar

Sandy:

I heard back from Gordon and he quoted me $16.00 round trip just like everyone said :).

I say let's go for it....that way we won't have to worry about finding something at the port. When I hear yea or ney from you, I'll let Gordon know.

I know what you mean about packing although I haven't started yet. I've gotten really good at packing for 5 in 3 suitcases, three garment bags and a couple of duffle bags. the problem is that you always add things and then find that you didn't really need it when you pack to go home!

Larry:

We'll certainly let you know how the resort is and how the taxi ride with Gordon is as well.

Kathy

Hi Kathy - I am in for the ride at $16.00 per person roundtrip! There will be four of us.

Gordan's price beats Sean's so we will go with Gordan.

Let me know the details. When, where and time we will meet for the ride. Just so you know, I have found a post on the roll call board....our itinerary changed for the cruise. I will post the whole change on another post under Antigua. We will now be in Antigua from 9:30 to 5pm but still on the same day.

I'll wait to hear from you

Thanks!

Sandy

Sandy,

I saw the itinerary change too and have to say that it's not unexpected.

I booked with Gordon and Carl and they will be picking us up at the pier around 10-10:15. He'll be wearing a straw hat and a sign saying Antigua Premier Tours.

The only thing now is that our friends are bagging, thinking that they'll do better at the pier. I'll have to email them back with the change, but I don't see how that it will affect us in any way.

Kathy

Sandy,

I saw the itinerary change too and have to say that it's not unexpected.

I booked with Gordon and Carl and they will be picking us up at the pier around 10-10:15. He'll be wearing a straw hat and a sign saying Antigua Premier Tours.

The only thing now is that our friends are bagging, thinking that they'll do better at the pier. I'll have to email them back with the change, but I don't see how that it will affect us in any way.

Kathy

I like the idea of knowing someone is coming back for us! Not just winging it. Though, GPBR did tell me to just go to their desk and they will call a taxi. But who knows what they will charge when they get there. I like knowing up front. So count us in.

Do you have any ideas in San Juan? Is there anything to do there? Trying to check around but can't find much...except for "OLD SAN JUAN" I need to do more investigating...especially on safety of walking around!

Any Help?

Thanks

Sandy

We were there a few years ago and took a tour of Old San Juan in what we refer to as "The Walking Bore". Since we were in port only from 5pm-12am, we couldn't tour the fort because it was closed. We did have a really great dinner at a local restaurant that was quite good (can't remember the name).

I'm not sure if we'll even bother getting of the ship that day, but might just to check out the little vendors and entertainers that are fairly close to the pier.

As to the safety of just walking around, I didn't feel that unsafe at all and we were there at night.

I know that this is probably not helping you decide what to do :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from the Crown yesterday...

Grand Pineapple was great !!! Drinks were flowing and ate at noon at the Outhouse..Mary was a great host.

Pink sand..sun... :)

Carl was on time to and from. He is a great guy and tour guide....I would book with him again in a heart beat.

I would try and meet Carl at like 9:30 at the latest. You might have to wait a minute or two when you get there but getting the day pass was slow because we had 5 families all go and pay seperatley.

It is a guarenteed good time... snorkeling not very good..but that and kayaks are included in the price ;)

HAVE FUN!!!

email me with any questions jmagnuss@yahoo.com

We went there off the Crown in November and had a great time. We got a van - negotiated at the dock for $15 per person - there were 6 of us, and we agreed that we would pay him when he picked us up and returned us to the ship in the afternoon. Sadly I don't remember the drivers name but he was very proud of his island and on the way back gave us a bit of a tour which we really enjoyed.

I contacted Pineapple Beach a couple of months before we arrived via email and made all the arrangements necessary. We paid $45 per person plus tax which worked out to $49.50 each for the day - that was the option without the breakfast. We didn't need a breakfast as they have that on the ship and by the time we got there it was after 10am anyway. We had a great day with no trouble finding chairs by the pool and on the beach at all.

I think you guys are missing a big highlight of the resort though as I have only seen it mentioned in one other post: Mary and the Outhouse. (No, it's not a bathroom.) If you stand facing the pool with the bridge over it - bar on your left, you will see a building on your right. Go BEHIND that building and follow the path up the hill. Yes, it is a steep path and kind of rocky so make sure you wear proper shoes. You will pass one sign at the bottom of the hill to kind of help get you going but otherwise this isn't too easy to find.

It's a bit of a hike but it's along the side of this 'hill' with wonderful views of the ocean and resort on your way. You will pass their wedding pavilion which gives you some great photo ops of the landscape/ocean/resort, etc. Keep going and at the top of the hill you will find Mary's Outhouse. To call this a shack is putting it nicely. It is run down and you can write all over it - as you will see so bring a marker if you want to 'leave your mark.' Mary is the woman who runs the place and she does a BBQ lunch every day. (It's included in your fee to use the resort but you may want to bring a few dollars to tip her as you leave - there is a tip box there but she won't push you at all.) She does ribs and chicken along with salads, baked beans, rolls, etc. She has cans of soda and cans of beer there to take as you wish but if you want something else you should bring it with you from the bar. We had a great time up there with her joking around, etc. If I have any other advice it's not to try to rush Mary if you get there before 11:45am - she is not going to be rushed at all. Her food will be ready when it's ready. And if you want a picture of the lizards tell her - she feeds them and can get them right out in the open for you to snap a photo.

We loved our day at the Pineapple Beach and would do it again. It was nice and relaxing and Antigua was our port to rest and enjoy in as we had made plans for all the other stops.

We were there last Wednesday and loved it so much, if we ever go back to Antigua we want to stay at the resort. What a gorgeous beach its on!!! and we loved the all inclusive aspect, my husband took full advantage of this and it definatlely would have cost us a lot more than the $55 a person rate for all our drinks and food! We got there early enough for breakfast, had lunch an afternoon snack before returning, and drinks all day. Such a wonderful time!

We have a group going to Pineapple Beach in a few weeks...many are asking about shade and snorkeling ??? any advise??

snorkeling gear is free ... snorkeling off the beach was something to do ..saw some fish but nothing to rave about..it is free

kayaking/small cats are free too ;)

they have shade but it was taken up.. you can always get shade at the bar :)

I loved it all !!! the pink powdery sand and the free running drinks :)

say hi to Jason and Kedina

barbarah33 thank you so much for the info on the Outhouse, I saw pictures on the hotel website and it looked like someplace we have to hit! Also not sure about that hike up the hill to it though, we usually just have our flip-flops on...can one walk barefoot maybe? Possibly some Teva sandles that have good ankle straps?

You don't happen to remember types of beers they serve do ya by chance - I thought I saw some boxes of that Jamacian beer Red Stripe in one of the pictures...any others?

We prefer loungers by the water on the beach, did they have umbrellas at least for some shade? Did you happen to see anyplace on the beach with umbrellas if not at that particular hotel?

Thank you for the info!

I drank the red stripe.. i am sure they had others...

they had the thatch umbrellas but when we got there they were all gone.

we had bad weather the day before so we welcomed the sun. so I am not sure about other umbrellas ..sorry..

the hike to the outhouse isnt bad....wouldnt go bare foot..tevas even flip flops will work...

Archived