Coral Princess Panama Canal question

colkeena

Yes it goes through the Gatun Locks, anchors in Gatun Lake, disembarks passengers on ship's excursions, hangs around a while and then goes back through the Gatun Locks and back out to dock in Cristobal. It's a "partial transit" as opposed to a "full transit" where the ship goes all the way through. Still fun, though - I've done it twice and am doing it again in a week. :)

Cheers,

Kirsten

Yes it goes through the Gatun Locks, anchors in Gatun Lake, disembarks passengers on ship's excursions, hangs around a while and then goes back through the Gatun Locks and back out to dock in Cristobal. It's a "partial transit" as opposed to a "full transit" where the ship goes all the way through. Still fun, though - I've done it twice and am doing it again in a week. :)

Cheers,

Kirsten

For the partial transit yes, it will more or less retrace its steps. There are parallel sets of locks so in-bound from the caribbean to the lake it could take one set and out bound back to the Caribbean it could take the other set.

We have done the partial transit twice and the full transit once. I enjoyed the partial transits because of the shore excursions. One time we did the "Ocean to Ocean" tour where you get on a tiny boat and go all the way to the Pacific side! Outstanding! The other time we did an aerial tram and rain forest. Also outstanding - even with the rain! :eek: When we did the full transit 8 years ago everyone stayed on the ship. There were no shore excursions. Still very impressive and memorable.

We took the Coral a year or so ago from the Pacific to the Atlantic--about 16 days I think--wonderful cruise--not only that--I won another cruise playing Bingo--they don't seem to be giving the cruises out any longer--we just took out free one on the Sea Princess Quebec city to NY--great for the fall

Never have taken a partial transit--there are a couple of excursions worth taking with a partial that you don't have available to you on a full transit

Nancy:D

Archived