Must Eats on Carnival

brokenlola

I love the Creme Brulee and also most of the fish dishes that I have had on Carnival are great. I even enjoyed the caribbean fish that Carnival has in their buffets. I am not a great fish eater at home....guess it is something about being on a cruise:)

Vicki

I am not a big fan of Carnival's desserts, either, and I usually order the cheese plate for my dessert (really good BTW). But someone clued me in that there's a banana split on the children's menu. My waiter pooh-poohed me when I asked for it, but it was the lovliest banana split I have ever had. It's served more "grown-up" style than "kid" style. Go for it! We're cruising Carnival Spirit in 58 days (but who's counting?), and I can't wait to share one with my mom.

• 3 weeks later...
The warm chocolate melting cake is the best. I had 2 every night.

I love it, too! Although I didn't have 2. Thank goodness! I looked up the recipe when I got home, and about DIED when I saw the fat and calorie content. No wonder I gain weight every time! Because you know it couldn't be the full breakfast buffet, the AWESOME pizza I had to have every day, or the BEST French Fries I had to have at least once a day, or the ice cream that I couldn't pass up every time I saw it.......:rolleyes: DARN that Lido deck.........:D

You know, I felt the same way. My favorite things I had aboard were the vegetarian sandwich from room service (Grilled Focaccia Sandwich with Grilled Zucchini, Fresh Mozzarella, and Portabello with Basil Aioli ), a turkey wrap from the sandwich guy on the Lido deck who really outdid himself - it was truly the best wrap I ever had. Don't know why, but it was. From the dinner menu my favorites were the signature fish dish (Pan Seared Fillet of Tilapia in herb Butter Sauce, with Tomato, Shallot and Eggplant ) from the first night's dinner and Bourbon and Honey Glazed, Roasted Spring Chicken from the 3rd night . 2nd night I ordered the vegetarian entree that was eggplant and zucchini in a pomodoro sauce and it was really unpleasant. I do wish I had gotten the vegetarian curry on the last night at dinner. Strawberry Bisque was good but a little goes a long way. Pumpkin soup was tasty, but I was just not in the mood for it the night I had it. DH and the other person at the table who ordered the duck appetizer (confit?) 1st night raved and raved about it. I think they would have ordered an entree of it!

The desserts were just okay. Not bad, but not the greatest I ever had either. The apple pie on our last night was criminally bad. 3 of 4 people at the table ordered it and no one liked it. The key lime pie was very good. Baked Alaska was fun, but not particularly wonderful. We mostly just nibbled at the merengue.

I am a coffee lover and I found the coffee aboard the ship to be terrible. (DH would say coffee snob LOL but I was raised to love coffee, my dad calls it the necter of the Gods.) I chose not to drink it at all after the first "cappucino" from 1st night's dinner. The coffee bar was better, but also only passable. I just skipped it altogether after that.

The Tilapia on the Paradise and the Pride was my absolute favorite also! I did like the apple pie though, but food can vary from ship to ship.

Food? Did somebody say "food"?! By far my favorite dessert is the tiramisu. Olive Garden can't hold a candle to Carnival's. The rest of my family is more partial to the chocolate melting cake but I already miss the tiramisu. Wish I hadn't ordered 2 starters so I could have finished it.:( I also love the creme brule. YUM! And yes the wild mushroom soup is excellent. I had actually ordered the navy bean soup but my waitress accidentally brought me the wild mushroom soup and boy am I glad she did! I'm not a huge steak eater but I love the filet mignon on Carnival.

I hate to say this, but one of our favorite things on our last cruise on the Glory was the cheeseburgers from the grill on lido. Nothing like going on a cruise to eat cheeseburgers, but they were AWESOME!!

I really enjoyed all of the soups in the dining at dinner!!

Go figure soup and cheeseburgers plus a whole lotta other stuff...gained 10 pounds, but it was definitely worth it!!:) :)

I totally liked the steak salads and the soups. The hazelnut cake was out of this world. Try the little cookies they give for afternoon tea. My husband loved the roast beef on a baqette(sp?). He had it so much he learned to love the word bagette.

Some of my Carnival favorites are:

Soups - Pumpkin, Lobster Bisque, and French Onion

Desserts - Diet Orange Cake and Diet Coconut Cake (these cakes are absolutely delicious!!! They don't taste like diet. I dreamed of the Orange one for two years, now I have two cakes to dream of until I cruise again...or until I find the recipes :D ). The frozen chocolate yogurt is terrific. I enjoyed the Chocolate Covered Strawberries (fee for these).

Other - The fried oysters and fish and chips at the Fish and Chip restaurant are very good. So are the onion rings and hamburgers at the Lido Grill by the pool/tv area.

Some of my Carnival favorites are:

Soups - Pumpkin, Lobster Bisque, and French Onion

Desserts - Diet Orange Cake and Diet Coconut Cake (these cakes are absolutely delicious!!! They don't taste like diet. I dreamed of the Orange one for two years, now I have two cakes to dream of until I cruise again...or until I find the recipes :D ). The frozen chocolate yogurt is terrific. I enjoyed the Chocolate Covered Strawberries (fee for these).

Other - The fried oysters and fish and chips at the Fish and Chip restaurant are very good. So are the onion rings and hamburgers at the Lido Grill by the pool/tv area.

[/quote/]

Is there a fish and chips restaurant on the Holiday?

Some of my Carnival favorites are:...

[/quote/]

I'm not familiar with Carnival's Holiday ship, so I'm hoping someone who is will chirp in with this information.

You might ask over on a Holiday Roll Call thread, also. A past guest of the ship would be your best bet for the lastest information.

Wish I could have been of more help. Have a great time on your cruise!

A.Z.

For those of you interested in the Fish and Chips food on Carnival ships, check out the Wennfred's thread Fish and Chips here in the Foodies section. There are pictures and menu in the thread. If you're not hungry, you will be when you see those goodies!

In that thread, it says that the restaurants that serve this food is on the Conquest sized ships. Since the last post on that thread was in 2006, I don't know if other classes of ships have added this venue or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Caesar salad - some of the best I've ever had

Baby Back Ribs - I've only seen this on the menu for one of my Carnival cruises, but they were amazing. Perfect sauce and fell off the bone.

Pizza - 24 hours a day and delicious. Can't get better than that!

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake - I had this dessert every dinner. Mmmmm :D

Nope. Just Conquest class ships. There won't even be one on the Carnival Splendor. :mad:

There might be fish and chips at lunch one day in the Lido, but I'm not sure.

Archived