guarantee question

colkeena

I have a "guarantee" and my cabin number was just confirmed on my site.Is there any chance it can still be changed or will that be my cabin for sure,Was hoping for an upgrade-cruise 2 months away.Thanks

Yes, you can still recieve another upgrade, even when you get to the port.

You will always get a least the catagory you originally booked OR better.

Jeanne...Elite Member:D

My folks had a cabin assignment - but upon checking in, they were assigned an "upgrade" from the back of ship to middle. Unfortunately, the room they were assigned as an "upgrade" was right next to some smoke tower (?) that ran all the way up the ship and the noise was terrible!! But because they had listed they would be agreeable to an "upgrade", they were at the very last minute changed and we were not aware until check in. We had a late check in so believe the people that were in the room complained, and my folks got moved at the last minute (oh, wait, they got "upgraded.")

Fortunately the night manager was able to move them to a different room (after much discussion and several hours) but if it ship is full, then you are out of luck. What they call an "ugrade" is not necessarily so.

Debbie

My folks had a cabin assignment - but upon checking in, they were assigned an "upgrade" from the back of ship to middle. Unfortunately, the room they were assigned as an "upgrade" was right next to some smoke tower (?) that ran all the way up the ship and the noise was terrible!! But because they had listed they would be agreeable to an "upgrade", they were at the very last minute changed and we were not aware until check in. We had a late check in so believe the people that were in the room complained, and my folks got moved at the last minute (oh, wait, they got "upgraded.")

Fortunately the night manager was able to move them to a different room (after much discussion and several hours) but if it ship is full, then you are out of luck. What they call an "ugrade" is not necessarily so.

Debbie

That is one of the big drawbacks to booking a guarantee, you just never know where you might end up. Luckily there were other cabins available for them to move to, sometimes ships are booked solid and this isn't an option.

Gurantee bookings used to be a good way to go if one was looking for a great upgrade. Anymore, those great upgrades don't happen as much as they used to.

Archived