sail7seas - Anniversary

Thanks for asking, KK.

After the way the conversation evolved here on the Board, I think I'll choose to keep our Celebration private. :)

Pity I cannot have the fun of sharing about our Anniversary with "cyber friends" but not everyone can find something civil to say.......So, I guess I'll stay Mum.

Thank you for being interested.

hi, I also hope you had a wonderful celebration:) ...and that is sort of sad, you can't tell your friends about it:( ......

Well, I hope you had plenty of cake:D ...and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and your hubby!

S7S,

I had asked the other day if you had celebrated with your cake and was told I would be opening a can of worms if you had answered. I was away from here for a day and when I returned I didn't find the thread.

I certainly was not thinking like that, I had just hoped you had enjoyed your anniversary because I knew how excited you were about being on your Maasdam for this special time.

Anyway, whatever you did do to celebrate , I hope that it was lovely and that you and DH enjoyed.:)

Vicar....I know you had only kindness in your interest and I never interpreted it any other way. Thank you for your good wishes.

A very sincere thank you , Lois, to you as well. :)

I can just hear the staff gathered around your table, singing with their Indonesian and Philippino accents!

Happy anniversary to you. Happy anniversary to you. Happy anniversary, lovely couple. Happy anniversary to you.

Ah, those HAL memories!

Sail-

I hope you and your DH had a great celebration. It sounds like you had a very nice cruise - back on your Maasdam! :D

Congratulations again on your Anniversary. May there be many more! With cake ;)

sail7seas

I hope your celebration was wonderful. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary on the Zaandam New Year's Cruise. Professional obligations prevented us from celebrating on our actual anniversary in June. We plan to book the renewal of vows ceremony and savour each moment of our cruise as though we were on our honeymoon. The actual date is irrelevant - we have deferred our celebration and any life-loving fellow passengers will surely appreciate that. Please share your happy memories with us.

We will be on the Maasdam on Aug. 21 celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary, and we will be with my brother and sister-in-law celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary. Would love to hear about your celebration on the Maasdam.

Thanks,

Dee

We will be on the Maasdam on Aug. 21 celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary, and we will be with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary. I, too, must have been away from the boards because I also do not understand what is going on that is negative. And I can't imagine that anyone would say something negative about S7S who gives us extremely valuable information everyday.

I would love to hear about your celebration on the Maasdam.

Thanks,

Dee :)

debsea.......Thank you for your good wishes. Congratulations on Your special Anniversary. I wish you many more happy years together in good health and loads of wonderful cruises to celebrate them all!!!!

CruisinNana.........Thank you for your kind words and good wishes. And, indeed, very special good wishes to you and Congratulations on Your Special Milestone Anniversary, as well.

We chose to NOT celebrate on board. A few folks became so negative I wanted no negativity to be a part of our celebration of our happiness....of our extreme good fortune to be happily together all these years and still "eachother's best friend". Every evening we were aboard was special and we enjoyed every moment of those great evenings. But....No Anniversary Celebration.

We shall celebrate here at home and have very special plans with some dear friends for the "actual day". I have no regrets about our choice and now have a very special evening to look forward to....even though "MY" Maasdam cruise has ended.

We celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary aboard Statendam in Europe 10 years ago and I have written of that incredibly Party here on this Board.

We celebrated our 30th Anniversary aboard a "dam" ship and very many "non-milestone" ones in between our 25th and now our 35th.

I'm all for starting to plan what cruise we shall be on to celebrate 40th ....how's that for "Positive Thinking"?? :)

For everyone celebrating a "milestone" Anniversary......I hope it is wonderful and filled with lasting memories of joy and love and fun.

Sail7, my husband and I have always found that our favorite celebrations are those we spend just together or with a few friends. On each wedding anniversary, we have a special dinner, of course, but the most fun is remembering back to our very first trip and then wandering down through the years to reminisce a little about each trip, each cruise, each island or place. Although we have a written record of each vacation, on our anniversaries we always play the same game of what year was that? who did we meet?, etc., etc.

I know what I say here has nothing to do with cruising, but it has everything to do with celebrations of important things. And while you may not have had your actual celebration on your Maasdam, in a way it was still a celebration as I believe each day we spend on this earth turns out to be.

This is a funny way of saying, it's really not about cake;) Fond thoughts on your "actual day" and many happy days ahead for you both.

"CruisinNana

We chose to NOT celebrate on board.

We shall celebrate here at home and have very special plans with some dear friends for the "actual day". I have no regrets about our choice and now have a very special evening to look forward to....even though "MY" Maasdam cruise has ended."

Sail, thanks for your good wishes to us! I hope you enjoy a very special evening celebrating with that wonderful man. Aren't we lucky????? I count my blessings every day, and I know you must, also!

Best wishes,

Dee

Archived