OK, I've got the water thing cleared up; What about the lobster?

michigan tim

I recently asked the same question and the answer was no lobster!:(

Don't understand why it has to be either/or.

We have had both lobster and king crab served on other cruiselines (our last cruise on Holland America, for example and on the Caribbean Princess and Coral Princess).

Where did I get this information?

How about -- On this board?

Scroll down abit and you'll see that lobster is no longer being served on Costa Magica.

Since I'm booked on her in April I wish it were not so and that it would change. I know that Caribbean lobster is seasonal, however, it is frozen, not fresh, and other cruiselines do not have it only seasonally.

No need to get your feathers ruffled!

I was just telling everyone our experience. There was lobster.

These boards are not definititive. There is a lot of good information and some that is not.

If you read the other thread one said there was (me) and three said no. The rest of the post were people chimming in dissapointed about the prospect of no lobster, including you. If people just repeat things they read on these boards as fact and not post what they know from experience is true then these boards are useless.

Like I said, We had lobster on Costa in April.

I leave on the Feb. 11th on the Magica, I will post again my personal experience, not repeat what I read on another board.

That would be very helpful.

I do trust the information I read on this board, especially when it is current, as yours will be after your next cruise.

Alot can change since last April, I'm afraid.

I no longer post that Royal Caribbean has free soda in the dining room, because they did on my cruise in 2002.:D

Where did you get this information? We were on the Magica last year and they had lobster Monday night. In fact the buffets serve the same menu so you could have had as much lobster as you wanted. Who said they don't serve it?

jeff, it is true that we had lobster (all you can eat) on our cruise. but i have heard a few reports and confirmations that they sub'ed in the king crab for the lobster. amongst other things that have changed...your credit card is now registered at embarkation. and someone said the food at dinner is not same food at buffet dinner, though i still need someone else to confirm this.

oh the soda card price went up too.

But MAX is still the CD on magica :D

I just returned from the Costa Magica on 1-28-07 and there was no lobster served. Was looking forward to it. There were crab legs on one night. It is not true that the same food is served in the dinning room as the buffet. Some of the food is the same but not all. There were no crab legs served in the buffet. Our experience in the dinning room was not good so we only at there one night the rest was spent in the buffet.

The food was not bad but the service was very poor. Two of us at our table never received our salads, some people ordered more then one appetizer and only received one. When they ordered two different entree's the waiter looked very confused like you can't do that. So the people who did order more then one only got one.

The food was not bad but the service was very poor. Two of us at our table never received our salads, some people ordered more then one appetizer and only received one. When they ordered two different entree's the waiter looked very confused like you can't do that. So the people who did order more then one only got one.

You only ate there one night, so there might have been lobster on a night when you did not use the dining room. Every one has a off night, you should have given them another chance.

We had lobster on the Med .

Hi -

Do they server Crab legs or some other substitute when cruising in Europe? If not, what is served for the Captain's dinner that is as memorable (or maybe not as memorable) as Lobster?

While I do so love the lobster, it might be fun to be "forced" to try something else that evening. I aways feel a pang of regret that when Lobster night comes on other cruises I've been on I don't have room for the other entrees (of course this is because I tell the waiter ahead of time I'll be having 2 helpings of lobster!). :D

=-CCM

We were on the Mediterranea Jan 21-28. There was no lobster. They served king crab legs instead. We were all disappointed - we'd been looking forward to that lobster all week. There were a lot of the same things on the bufffet as the dining room, but not all. The desserts were definitely lacking in taste. We felt that they were pretty plain and boring!

You only ate there one night, so there might have been lobster on a night when you did not use the dining room. Every one has a off night, you should have given them another chance.

We had lobster on the Med .

No there was no lobster we checked the menu posted before dinner was served every night to see if we would go in or not. No such luck.

Archived