adjoining rooms vs family suite

ronniern

my wife and i are booked on mariner for only our second cruise,our first being on adventure in 04,my question is: we want to take our two grown children,son in-law,and our grandson on a family cruise next year,would it make sense financially or comfort wise to book the royal family suite,and arrange our own transportation to the port, also if we go again on aos is there a time of year that we can avoid the "coming out" groups from puerto rico?, the crowds for the debutantes were pretty rude

The Royal family suite has two bathrooms. We booked it for Alaska, and it was about the same price as two junior suites when bookings opened up, now what w paid is the price of two balcony staterooms. Every ship and itinerary is different, you will just have to check the prices. The advantages of the Royal Family suite would be that each couple would have a private bedroom and your grandson could use the sofa bed in the living room, you will also get the suite perks in the RFS, concierge, priority check in, etc...

Hope this helps.

After rereading your post, do you have 5 people or 7? The smaller bedroom will sleep 4 with 2 pullmans, atleast that is the setup on the radiance class.

Don't you think the adult married ones might want some privacy on this most romantic of vacations venues??? Don't you? I'd go with the separate rooms--not even necessarily adjoining! (We're not talking little kids sleeping alone, here!) Let folks have their own space--there's plenty of public areas to congregate all over the ship!

Don't you think the adult married ones might want some privacy on this most romantic of vacations venues??? Don't you? I'd go with the separate rooms--not even necessarily adjoining! (We're not talking little kids sleeping alone, here!) Let folks have their own space--there's plenty of public areas to congregate all over the ship!

Even if you don't want to be romantic, you don't have to be so close all the time. I would vote for separate cabins.

All of our cruises have involved lots of family members (19 in our group for next cruise in 2 weeks) and we are never right next to each other. I just keep my kids across the hall (not even adjoining).

In your scenario I would take the Royal Family Suite. With 2 rooms your adult daughter is in the room with you, I assume. With the RFS you get the master bedroom, the other married couple gets the sofa bed and the single daughter and her nephew get twin beds in the second bedroom. If the little one is a crib child, the crib could go in the living room with the sofa bed.

Archived