I didn't wanna do it...

lysolqn

While over at the Princess forum I got sucked into a dress code thread ("Evening attire thought"). I really didn't want to do it...my brain said no but my mouse said yes. It was like a bad car accident - you know shouldn't look as you drive by but you do nevertheless. Anyway, I just want to let everyone here at X know that we're not the only ones who get into a fracas over the dress code issue every now and again. It appears to be as common industry-wide as the, er, noro-virus.

Anyway, I just want to let everyone here at X know that we're not the only ones who get into a fracas over the dress code issue every now and again.

You mean other cruise lines have a dress code?

No WAY! Tell me it isnt true ?? .......... :D

To the OP: I also cruise Princess and yes we have those dang dreaded formal wear crap that I swear comes every 2-3 weeks. Same old tired subject. I read your comments and I must say I was agreeing with you. Thank you. I used to comment on the formal threads but no longer. You will not make anaybody change their mind but I do appreciate your words over there.

marilyn

P.S. Well I did make a small comment but that is it.

What really surprises me are the dress code threads on NCL. I thought people chose NCL partly for the casual attire (I know it attracted me:) ), but some of the threads there are just like the ones here. I guess no matter the "guidelines", people will want to push the limit on the one side, or hold fast to tradition on the other.

So you think clothing optional would take care of the problem? No way...that "un"dress code would likely incite a debate over whether or not to wear eyeglasses, watches, jewelry, nail polish...not to mention how to carry your cabin key!

So you think clothing optional would take care of the problem? No way...that "un"dress code would likely incite a debate over whether or not to wear eyeglasses, watches, jewelry, nail polish...not to mention how to carry your cabin key!

Now that is funny, especially how to carry your cabin key.:D

Marilyn

yes..it has been a long time....Sharon and I have been up to no good!!! Just kidding...we did do a 'girls' cruise in Dec 2005...four of us in one cabin...:eek: <------- better believe it......LOL

No, I'm not on Galaxy in a month's time....just disembarked Zenith....11 days down to Panama and back...it was great.

Hope your cruise is a great one...enjoy that sun and warmth...you Westerners sure do deserve it this year!!

Nice chatting with you...don't be a stranger!

Archived