"one way" cruise NY->SJ - opinions?

shod

I am thinking of booking this cruise in october 07. The price is pretty low...

the first 3 days are at sea and I am concerned that the weather the first day or 2 will keep us confined indoors... has anyone been on one of these "transitional" or "one way" cruises? any insight?

thanks

the first 3 days are at sea and I am concerned that the weather the first day or 2 will keep us confined indoors... has anyone been on one of these "transitional" or "one way" cruises? any insight?

thanks

We got on the Crown in November in San Juan after it's sailing from NY and I can tell you that they had some rough seas and weather the first few days of sailing. There were some posters on that sailing who were doing b2b's and were on our sailing who said they were fairly ill the first few days. If you do a search about the 10/27/06 sailing you should be able to read about it.

It's hurricane season and the weather can either be wonderful or iffy. It's really almost too hard to predict what next year will bring. But, if the weather isn't great the Crown is a beautiful ship and there will be plenty of things to do even if you're kept indoors.

thanks

We did the opposite cruise from SJU to NYC on the Golden April 29 to May 6th in 2006. The weather was awesome!! I had the same concerns as you, that the weather would be horrible on our 3 seas at the end of the cruise. It was anything but. I guess it has something to do with the Gulfstream. Everyday was a pool day/deck day. Of course, anything can happen when Mother Nature is concerned but I would say "not to worry" (and keep my fingers crossed!).

mollyanne:)

I was also on the Nov. 4 cruise, the cruise right after the transitional. We met up with CC members who did the transitioal and they did say the first two days were terribly rough. But what a bargain!

Go over to the Roll call board - there is a roll call already. Hook up with partyboy - he and his wife were a lot of fun. He can answer you about what he experienced.

I was on the Oct 27th NY to SJ cruise. Went with aunt and cousin. The first 2 or so days were really rough. Sarge the comic even joked about it as part of his act it was so bad. And i think the gym sustained some damage as it was it closed the after the 1st night for a day or so. I really did have a great time though. My family thought the 3 days at sea in a row were a little too long. I remember that we were so excited to get off the ship at the 1st port. I think the 1st and 2nd full day at sea was a little more colder than i would have liked. it wasn't until the 3rd full day that i felt like it was hot enough to be in the pool and a bathing suit. Would I do it again. Probably as it was really convenient for me to leave out of NY and only have to fly one way. And you really couldn't beat the price.

Archived