What time can you get on the ship/and hotels in port canaveral w/ shuttle service?

My parents are leaving in 3 weeks to board the Explorer of the Seas leaving out of Miami and when they got their cruise docs it says that embarkation begins at 2pm. We have never boarded a ship that late and I was wondering if anyone has gotten the same docs and what time they really let you board. Also, we are deciding on cruises for next year and was wondering if anyone knows of any hotels that offer the shuttle service to pick up at the airport and to take us to the pier the next day. We wanted to do the Mariner out of Port Canaveral and were also wondering what airport to fly into. Thanks

My parents are leaving in 3 weeks to board the Explorer of the Seas leaving out of Miami and when they got their cruise docs it says that embarkation begins at 2pm. We have never boarded a ship that late and I was wondering if anyone has gotten the same docs and what time they really let you board. Also, we are deciding on cruises for next year and was wondering if anyone knows of any hotels that offer the shuttle service to pick up at the airport and to take us to the pier the next day. We wanted to do the Mariner out of Port Canaveral and were also wondering what airport to fly into. Thanks

I don't know anything about Port Canaveral. But last month in Miami they were boarding on the Navigator by 11am. We received the same notice. We were at the pier by 11:15 and their were already people onboard. We were in the Windjammer eating lunch by 11:45.

The closest major airport to Pt Canaveral is Orlando. There is an airport in Melbourne, but it's a very small airport. Mariner is a beautiful ship and in excellent condition. I absolutely love it and can't wait to go on again in May.

I am enclosing a site that has info on shuttle services and car rentals for Pt. Canaveral. Some have websites so you can check them out. Enjoy your cruise.

Katie

http://www.portcanaveral.org/portinfo/groundtrans.htm

We were on the Mariner in January and we stayed at the Radisson at the port. It was a very clean hotel with very friendly staff. There is a free shuttle to the port 5 minutes away. You need to book the shuttle in advance o get an early time. We couldn't get on until 1:00 pm so we drove ourselves to let off luggage and hubby took cab back. After cruise, shuttle was waiting for us and took us to our vehicle where we had free parking. We enjoy leaving at Port Canaveral. Very organized.

We were on the Mariner in January and we stayed at the Radisson at the port. It was a very clean hotel with very friendly staff. There is a free shuttle to the port 5 minutes away. You need to book the shuttle in advance o get an early time. We couldn't get on until 1:00 pm so we drove ourselves to let off luggage and hubby took cab back. After cruise, shuttle was waiting for us and took us to our vehicle where we had free parking. We enjoy leaving at Port Canaveral. Very organized. We left at 10:30 am for port and ther was alrady peole there. We couldn't get to our rooms until 1:00 pm so we ate lunch in the Windjammer.

Archived