LGA to Crown Pier Transfers from Princess

Yoho

Sorry to barge in on your thread, but will these car services be willing to make a stop on the way, say at a wine store? And would they be able to suggest one for those that don't know their way around LA? Thanks...

Sorry to barge in on your thread, but will these car services be willing to make a stop on the way, say at a wine store? And would they be able to suggest one for those that don't know their way around LA? Thanks...

Yes they will, in October going to the Crown for our repo to San Juan cruise we stopped at a little restaurant for breakfast food to take with us to the pier. :)

This was for NY, I dont know any for LA but there have been some mentioned recently for LAX on this board. :)

Is a car service the same thing as getting a taxi? We'd like to be able to stop at a wine store as well as somewhere to get some water/soda, so I'm interested in the answers too.

Kim

Not the same as a taxi as it is a fixed rate. And yes they will stop. But do tip them a litle extra. :)

Not the same as a taxi as it is a fixed rate. And yes they will stop. But do tip them a litle extra. :)

So is a car service the preferred way to go rather than a taxi? I'm assuming there would be a price difference of some sort if you used a taxi vs car service?

And should you reserve one ahead of time or are they readily available at the airport?

To come back to the airport, is it strictly taxi service or do you book your reverse trip ahead of time too?

Kim

So is a car service the preferred way to go rather than a taxi? I'm assuming there would be a price difference of some sort if you used a taxi vs car service?

Taxi you are at the whim of the "meter" and traffic.

And should you reserve one ahead of time or are they readily available at the airport?

Call them when you pick up your bags and they will arrive within 10 minutes.

To come back to the airport, is it strictly taxi service or do you book your reverse trip ahead of time too?

Same thing, on your way out of the terminal call them and they will be there within minutes while the 2 hour long line is waiting for taxi's!! :eek:

Kim

They don't take reservations as people are canceling and changing all the time. Believe me they will be there very quickly.

Hope this helps.

Dont waste your money on transfers, take a car service cost is around $40. Total :)

Arecibo 718-783-6465

Cadman 1-866-308-5466

I’m confused. Is NYC the only pier in which to avoid airport transfers? We paid for roundtrip transfers to/from FLL to the port in Fort Lauderdale. Should we avoid the transfers at this locale as well and just take a taxi?

Kim

Kim,

in NY a "car service" is something you MUST call ahead of time. They can't just pick up passengers who "hail" them. They have a fixed rate. Some of them you can reserve ahead of time, some of them you can't. The ones that you can reserve ahead of time sometimes pick you up on time without another call, sometimes they don't.

A "taxi" or "cab" is picked up at the airport at the taxi line. Even when the line looks like it is over 50 people long, we've never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a cab. The rate isn't fixed to points in Brooklyn, though. This means that the meter will determine the cab fare.

We live in Brooklyn and NEVER use a car service to take us home from the airport and OFTEN use a cab/taxi to take us home.

But we do use them when we need a ride FROM our home.

I’m confused. Is NYC the only pier in which to avoid airport transfers? We paid for roundtrip transfers to/from FLL to the port in Fort Lauderdale. Should we avoid the transfers at this locale as well and just take a taxi?

The transfers are usually not any cheaper, unless you are by yourself. Two people in a taxi = one fee, while the transfers are pp.

IN Ft. Lauderdale, from the airport to the port, we usually don't take the transfers, not so much because of the money, but because that way, we are not dependant on anyone else's schedule. If you arrive at 11 AM, say, and another plane is coming in at 11:15 - you will most likely be waiting until everyone from the 11:15 plane gets to the bus transfer line.

Same thing in reverse. If you are taking a transfer to the airport from the port, they usually wait until the bus is full before going to the airport.

so, unless we're in some kind of package and HAD to pay for the transfer (and even then a couple of times we've gone separate) we take taxis.

The transfers are usually not any cheaper, unless you are by yourself. Two people in a taxi = one fee, while the transfers are pp.

IN Ft. Lauderdale, from the airport to the port, we usually don't take the transfers, not so much because of the money, but because that way, we are not dependant on anyone else's schedule. If you arrive at 11 AM, say, and another plane is coming in at 11:15 - you will most likely be waiting until everyone from the 11:15 plane gets to the bus transfer line.

Same thing in reverse. If you are taking a transfer to the airport from the port, they usually wait until the bus is full before going to the airport.

so, unless we're in some kind of package and HAD to pay for the transfer (and even then a couple of times we've gone separate) we take taxis.

Thanks, how much is a taxi from FLL to the port?

Lovely Star -

I took a taxi from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Port Everglades (FLL pier) 2 yrs ago and it cost about $15 including tip - so much better than taking the transfers - it's only a couple of miles from airport to pier.

We have two choices for arrival at LGA. First is 8am and the other is 1130am. Any suggestions from someone who has gone out this terminal. I don't think we can get into terminal that early and not sure if a restaurant is close enough to stop in for breakfast.

Thanks, how much is a taxi from FLL to the port?

Take the Taxi in FLL as well it is under $15 and oly a short 10 minute ride. :)

I would not take the Princess transfers anywhere except a place that was very difficult to find transportation maybe in Europe??

They are way over priced.

We have two choices for arrival at LGA. First is 8am and the other is 1130am. Any suggestions from someone who has gone out this terminal. I don't think we can get into terminal that early and not sure if a restaurant is close enough to stop in for breakfast.

I'd take the 11:30 - there really are no restaurants right near the pier. (I'd really fly in the night before, but that isn't what you asked).

If you take the 8 AM, you could eat something at the airport to stall, but you can't get on the ship until at least noon.

I'd take the 11:30 - there really are no restaurants right near the pier. (I'd really fly in the night before, but that isn't what you asked).

If you take the 8 AM, you could eat something at the airport to stall, but you can't get on the ship until at least noon.

We did the red eye twice arriving at LGA at 6:30 am and I beg to differ about the availability of food in the area, we had a great breakfast just around the corner form the pier at a deli and arrived at the pier at 8:15. They started taking bags again at 9:30 and we were first in line and sat and people watched until we boarded at 11:30. Time goes fast when you are getting on a cruise!!

Archived