Ocho Rios Shore Excursions

arthurwlane

I am taking my first cruise and I am wondering what are the best shore excursions for Ocho Rios? My wife and I very active and I have been looking at the board are the following worth going on:

• Dolphin Experience
  • Snorkeling
  • Tubing down the river

Or if any of you have any other suggestions I am just looking for some insight.

Thanks!

We chose the Ocho Rios highlight tour. We went to Negril this past Nov and saw the YS Falls and the Mayfield Falls. Beautiful. So we definatly want to see Dunn's River also. We really liked the topography of Jamaica and want to see more of the country. The tour also goes to Fern Gulley and Shaw Park Gardens.

I've seen some tours that combine the falls with tubing or another activity. I wouldn't suggest snorkeling in Jamaica. It's really not that great compared to other Islands. Save that for either Grand Cayman or Cozumel if your going to either of those destinations. Jamaica is about seeing the beauty of the Island.

Authur

I would do the Dunns falls and the White River . I just got off a cruise and I had a great time. I used a tour guide that I would highly recommend. I'm a travel agent and always doing research, this cruise I took my sister along so I was very careful on who I hired to show two females around. Check out Mark Morris website. http://markstours.com/home.html I'm sure if you hire him you will have a great time. The price was also really reasonable. Any questions I would be happy to answer ..Shar

I would have to say the Dunns falls and the White river . Give Mark Morris a call ,we had a great time with him and we did both excursions while he waited for us .http://markstours.com/home.html.. Although I aslo had a fun time doing the cave tubing in Belize last year .I had a group of 25 and we had a blast with a company called Cave Tubing

http://cave-tubing.com/about_cave_tubing_with_us.htm . This port is very unspoiled and appeared very poor. The cruise line had canceled the cave tubing excursion so I was a little apprehensive about following through with this company. I had emailed Yhony Rosado, the owner of the company, and he had assured a memorable day in Belize and that the cave tubing was still on. It was a once in life experience to drive through a 3rd world country ,walk through a rain forest and tube through dark caves in cool waters . High marks are given to this company .Richard, the rest of his staff were funny, informative and wonderful guides. Just place trust in them and you will totally enjoy this excursion. If you can afford to do both ..go for it ..the kids will see a world unlike their own ..

Archived