What Is Your Favorite Food On The Cruise?

misand

Let's see, on Carnival, the Inspiration had this little cafe area next to the Fossil shop. It had an extra charge, but the strawberring cheesecake they had was out of this world!

On RCI, I love the escargot as well as the pumpkin apple soup.

When I was on the FOS the last night they had key lime pie that would make your mouth water. The next cruise I take I'm going to ask for it the first night and hope to get it all week long.

Your head waiter should be able to fulfill your request. Our table had it on Serenade every night and I took a couple of pieces back to the room every night after dinner for lunch the next day. The first night they tried to pass off something else and we all rebelled. It was best the last night...which makes me wonder????:confused:

The steaks in Chops were phenomenal, even more so with the Italian lemon sauce that one could opt for on the side.

I was just searching the Internet for the recipe but I can't remember the name of the sauce. Starts with a "c" and ends with an "a" I believe, but then again so do many Italian words... Yikes!

Any clues as to the name of this scrummy sauce, fellow cruisers? A mini food mystery to solve...

You must have had a better lamb shank than I did on Freedom. The meat on a lamb shank is suppose to fall off the bone, and mine was tough and hard to get off the bone. I ended up getting something else.

Bummer! I would have been disappointed.:o

We sailed the Navigator for two weeks in September and I had it for dinner both weeks. I LOVED it. It was soooooo good. My husbands was also good.

I am hoping they have it on the Empress as good as it was on Navigator. :)

I liked the Grilled Tiger Shrimp. There was also Chicken breast stuffed with Brie cheese and topped with (i think) pimento relish. I love the white chocolate mousse.

Another vote for the Garlic Tiger Shrimp... when we were on our honeymoon this past June, my DH was talking about the Garlic Tiger Shrimp from when we got to JFK!!! He even asked our Head Waiter what night it was so we wouldn't miss it!

As for me, I really don't think that I have a favorite food... I really enjoy it all!

Jenn

Bummer! I would have been disappointed.:o

We sailed the Navigator for two weeks in September and I had it for dinner both weeks. I LOVED it. It was soooooo good. My husbands was also good.

I am hoping they have it on the Empress as good as it was on Navigator. :)

I didn't even try it on the cruise we went on after Freedom for that reason. I guess I should have. It might have been better. I usually love lamb shank. Next cruise, I will definately try it again. Maybe I just got a bad shank.;)

My favorite cruise food is the lox (or is it nova?)& bagels. I have it every morning for breakfast and if it's on the buffet at lunch, I have to have it. The best is when they also serve the salmon as an appetizer in the dining room! I really can't get enough of it! My mouth is watering just thinking about it....

The menus are the same fleetwide. Sorry, don't know about the children's menus. Sad to say, but indeed RCI pizza is the saddest on the high seas.

The lamb shank is usually pretty good---sorry to whoever got a bad one.

We order the onion tart and the escargot every cruise.

The whole flourless chocolate cake is in the specialty restaurants (smaller serving than years ago). A teaser of a piece of it is served in the main dining rooms as part of a desert sampler selection on one of the nights.

My very favorite thing though is the sugar-free coconut cake--an all white layer cake. I don't know why I ever tried it years ago, but that's what I look for now. I wish I had a recipe for it---there is something about it!

Oh--and there's something about those coconut ranger cookies in the Windjammer!

Non of the above items have any calories whatsoever. :)

Bon voyage~~

Leslie

i felt like fred flintstone with his brontosoris...the lamb shank at chops on the voyager 2 yrs ago this week was to kill for...the meat just fell of the shank bone...nice and tender with lots of sauce...the french onion soup at chops is a close second...i'm hoping that portofino's on the adventure will be just as good...we sail 3-18-07...WELL WORTH THE EXTRA $20 GREEN BACKS

Archived