Favorite Food??

SusieQusie

This should be nice and NON-controversial:

What is your favorite or not-to-be-missed food on Princess? Anything you would highly recommend? I know it's all a matter of personal choice. I'm just curious and love to hear other people's opinions on subjects like this. It's also fun to follow-up on other's recommendations!

Keep those suggestions coming! I'm going to bookmark this thread so I can go back to check it out form time to time before I leave - in August!!!

Kahlua Rice Pudding sounds out of this world. I hope they have it on the Crown. Not sure how I feel about cold soups, but I'm certainly wiling to give them a try. And as far as souffles, I think it will depend on the "flavors" available.

Please - tell me more!!!!

Keep those suggestions coming! I'm going to bookmark this thread so I can go back to check it out form time to time before I leave - in August!!!

Kahlua Rice Pudding sounds out of this world. I hope they have it on the Crown. Not sure how I feel about cold soups, but I'm certainly wiling to give them a try. And as far as souffles, I think it will depend on the "flavors" available.

Please - tell me more!!!!

I'm also not a cold soup fan but the pina colado was served in a glass with a straw like a cocktail but without the alcohol - it was yummy.

We asked the waiter when the rice pudding was going to be on the menu and they called the head waiter over to ask if they could make it for the following night he was thrilled to make it and ordered some for him as well:D

Everyday on the dinner menu...the fettucine alfredo, I have actually not had any alfredo since New Years, just so when my cruise comes up in April, I can be just a pleased as I was on my first Princess Cruise...

DH and I both ordered the veal chop in Sabatini's and raved about it. It was cooked to perfection, tender and flavorful and had a wonderful reduction on it. Melted in our mouths.

Also, for dessert, my favorite was the Molten Dutch Chocolate Obsession offered in the Crown Grill. I'm still dreaming about it.

My favs: The breads they serve at dinner are sooo good, asparagus spears appetizer, fettucini in cheese bowl - best I've ever had!!, and the strawberry tarts in the buffet are to die for!! Most decadant would be The Love Boat Dream - chocolate lovers fantasy!! I love trying something I;ve never had at each meal. ...even the sweetbreads were good.

Lobster tail is my favourite. On my last Princess cruise I asked the waiter for steak (from the "always available" section) "on the side" so I ended up with Surf & Turf..... delicious.

Escargots... super. I always ask for a double portion, and save some bread to dip in the garlic butter.

Mmmmmmmmm I can taste it now. Just about to have lunch. Ham salad sandwich. Not quite the same, is it?

My absolute favorites:

appetizer: grilled asaparagus with filo dough in a tarragon cream sauce,

crab quiches, eggplant parmasean

Soup: Pina Colada, Lobster Bisque, and Cream of Mushroom

Pasta: Alfredo

Main Dish..Beef Tournedos on the every day menu, Lobster Thermidor( now only upon request)

Dessert: Souffles, coconut ice cream with grilled pineapples (now only on request)

Archived