Favorite Food??

SusieQusie

Princess' Rack of Lamb is to die for! I also enjoy the smoked duck appetizer, eggplant Parmesan, and the Scotch mushroom-barley soup. The prime rib is very good if ordered rare and served hot. I always enjoy breakfast in the dining room - doesn't matter what I order. I'm not much of a pizza fan but Princess' pizza is excellent. Nice selection of cheeses served after dinner (I prefer this to dessert).

Bon Appetit!

Chris

My favs: The breads they serve at dinner are sooo good, asparagus spears appetizer, fettucini in cheese bowl - best I've ever had!!, and the strawberry tarts in the buffet are to die for!! Most decadant would be The Love Boat Dream - chocolate lovers fantasy!! I love trying something I;ve never had at each meal. ...even the sweetbreads were good.

Serfergurl, When you refer to the sweetbreads, which ones are you referring to? I'm curious about tasting sweetbreads that are served for dinner - NOT a bread. Has anyone tasted Princess's version?

Love the Ice Cream--souffles--try to get them to leave in the bowl--so it can stay hot--just the reason they are told to transfer the souffle to your plate--always ask them to leave it--much better when it stays hot

Lobster, crab legs--and the filet if nothing looks exciting

Now that we're talking about this--I'm ready to go to the Dining Room--sure beats the heck out of downstairs at my kitchen

\Nancy:D

My absolute favorites:

appetizer: grilled asaparagus with filo dough in a tarragon cream sauce,

crab quiches, eggplant parmasean

Soup: Pina Colada, Lobster Bisque, and Cream of Mushroom

Pasta: Alfredo

Main Dish..Beef Tournedos on the every day menu, Lobster Thermidor( now only upon request)

Dessert: Souffles, coconut ice cream with grilled pineapples (now only on request)

Not to appear really dense, but what exactly does "only on request" mean? Would you just ask your waiter on Monday night if you wanted something special on Tuesday night? Is that OK to do?

By the way: Thanks to everyone who is responding. As I said earlier, I think it's fun to get other's opinions and then maybe try something a little "adventurous" when I'm actually on the cruise!

These 2 dishes were once a Princess mainstay for many many years.Some itineraries/ships have phased them out For example crab legs now replaces Lobster Thermidor. If you request either dish with your head waiter he will speak with the chef. They will decided which night if any they can be served to you.

Just back from a Royal Caribbean cruise and here the the foods on Princess that I really missed:

-The sushi

-The wonderful soups, especially the cold soups

-The dessert souffles (and the sinful sauce they spoon on top!)

-The warm chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon at the buffet

I am a huge fish fan (I'll usually order fresh fish even if lobster is on the menu), and I have a particular favorite that nobody else has named. It was recommended to me when I first went on the Caribbean Princess (it was its 2nd sailing and it was a brand new dish at the time).

One of the nights, they have a dish called Flying Fish prepared with polenta and okra in a tomato sauce. It didn't sound appealing, and I would have never gone for it, but our waiter recommended it and it was really very good. I think it was on the Caribbean themed night, which a lot of people seem not to like, but I say it's because they've never tried that flying fish!

Last time I cruised was almost 4 yrs ago, and I recall enjoying most everything, but, the two things that actually stick in my mind are the lobster tails( the waiter brought out plates of them to our table, I had three hubby and another gentleman had 5, seriously, I mean they weren't huge , but my goodness they were tasty) , and , believe it or not, the pizza by the pool, it had artichoke hearts and tomato and feta cheese( they did different ones each day in addition to plain meat and cheese ones) it was absolutely delicous.

I can't wait to board( 4 weeks) and try some of the items other posters have suggested, I love this thread!

Somehow, none of this stuff sounds appealing tonight!

Alot of the foods sound so heavy --

but, here it goes:

MY FOOD POEM

I like the breads a lot and the salads from Horizon Court.

I like

the pasta dishes with red sauce and could live off that the whole

week.

I like the little breakfast Danishes

I like the Prime Rib

I am bummed that I am allergic to lobster.

The End

Chocolate Hazelnut Souffle, Seafood filled puff pastry (usually served in the dining room the first night), Crab legs and lobster, cream bruele, the avocado boat filled with seafood (appetizer), the small ecclairs in horizon court, filled with chocolate pudding and finished with chocolate icing, and yes, the crusty rolls in the dining room are wonderful. We also have a favorite room service item, carmel flan. (If you like custard you will love this)

Can you tell we have alot of Princess food in our past?

Archived