Favorite Food??

SusieQusie

Lobster tails

crab legs

eggplant parmignan

shrimp cocktail

french onion soup........ no other line can match this soup !!

pizza

pasta with alfredo

spagetti with meatballs .. kids menu

beef roast with potatoes and carrots

chocolate banana mixed drink...... only on princess.. yummers !!!

Oh, I know they had crepes the night they had the midnight dessert buffet. There was a crepe station. Not sure if I ever saw them in the main dinning room.

Is there always a "midnight dessert buffet" on Princess cruises? I haven't seen mention of this before............

If they use mushroom pâté that will be fine. In fact that will really be very good.

From Courses the Princess cookbook (recipe for Beef Wellington):

Duxelles is a culinary term used to describe a combination of chopped mushrooms, onion, garlic and herbs, cooked together until most of the moisture has evaporated. This dark, thick mixture is used to stuff meats and vegetables, as a garnish in sauces, or as an accompaniment to a main dish.

Princess Beef Wellington is one of my shipboard favorites but I find that the pastry crust is soggy so I remove it from the meat. The duxelles is very flavorful, though. On the night when BW is served, I also order one lobster tail and enjoy my own "surf & turf".

Bon Appetit!

Chris

From Courses the Princess cookbook (recipe for Beef Wellington):

Duxelles is a culinary term used to describe a combination of chopped mushrooms, onion, garlic and herbs, cooked together until most of the moisture has evaporated. This dark, thick mixture is used to stuff meats and vegetables, as a garnish in sauces, or as an accompaniment to a main dish.

Princess Beef Wellington is one of my shipboard favorites but I find that the pastry crust is soggy so I remove it from the meat. The duxelles is very flavorful, though. On the night when BW is served, I also order one lobster tail and enjoy my own "surf & turf".

Bon Appetit!

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for this additional info. I am sure I will enjoy the Beef Wellington!:D

I've seen my "favorites" already mentioned...I LOVED the Fettuccine Alfredo pasta and the Dream Love Boat dessert. I think I ordered those two items almost every night :)

I know you were asking about food, and I don't drink very often (only a couple of times a year) but their Mud Slides are to DIE FOR!

Now I'm hungry...I should go make dinner :D

• 3 weeks later...

Me: Marzipan stuffed peaches (apricots?) for dessert. None of the entrees I had was spectacular... the vegetarian pojarski cutlet with lentils was surprisingly good though.

DH: rabbit and pasta (had a much fancier name, can't remember). He also liked the lamb and pheasant items.

In reading all the posts, I see no mention of the fabulous sorbets (sherbets). My dh orders a different one every nite and I get to taste before eating my own sugar free desert. The sorbets are all natural and the fruit flavor is really outstanding no matter what fruit is used.

The breads and rolls at dinner are always excellent and different varieties are offered every day.

We also love the French nite (I think it is called continental now) and in particular the french onion soup, the escargot, roast duck and creme brule. Enjoy as well the smoked duck appetizers.

However, and very unfortunately for us, we find most of the other dishes bland and even tasteless. When we get on a Princess Cruise (we are elite) we know what to expect and look forward to having local food when the ship is in port.

On our last cruise in Jan/Feb, a b2b on the Tahitian Princess, we found local food also quite bland and extremely expensive. This was so disappointing for us as food is so much a part of culture and one of our most enjoyable experiences while we are cruising.

• 5 months later...

There are just so many good things! No special order!

1.) Lobster tails

2.) Alaska King Crab legs

3.) Escargot (I always have at least two orders.)

4.) Pasta dishes (The many good choices.)

5.) Hard (white bread) rolls & butter!

6.) Most of the hot soups and a couple of the cold ones.

7.) Beef Tornadoes — Med. Rare

8.) Steaks (left menu) Med. Rare

9.) Some of the great appetizers (To include the Shrimp cocktail on left menu)

10. The desserts, especially the ice cream choices. (The ability to make your own Sunday.)

Hmmmm ... 17 more days and I'll be having the above, for 19 Days! :D

Bring on the ice cream

Thought I had posted on here awhile ago--if so, sorry

Will see you hopefully in 17 days

Remember you can have lunch in the dining room--doesn't have to be Horizon Court as they usually tell you

You can also bring on the lobster, crab legs and tournedos

Nancy:D

Bring on the ice cream

Thought I had posted on here awhile ago--if so, sorry

Will see you hopefully in 17 days

Remember you can have lunch in the dining room--doesn't have to be Horizon Court as they usually tell you

You can also bring on the lobster, crab legs and tournedos

Nancy:D

Nancy:

I think there are two threads on this subject! We have posted in both! :D

I aways eat lunch in the dinning room, unless I'm off the ship! I never eat in the Horizon Court, unless forced too, by early tours or late return from a tour. I just don't like a buffet style meals!

In my list, I missed the lamb, I like their roast leg of lamb and lamb chops, with loads of mint jelly needed.

It appears like some of our ports of call in Mexico and Central America are getting trashed by storms. :eek: I wonder if we'll have any changes in the Itinerary or land tours. :rolleyes:

Yes, I could eat ice cream for breakfast! (I may have a few times ... not on a cruise though!)

• 11 months later...

The ice cream and sorbets are the best; the soufles to die for, prime rib, rack of lamb......mmmmmm, love the escargot.

Last cruise on the Coral in June no escargot on the menu. I felt a little disappointed, but didn't say anything. Wouldn't you know it, the head waiter brings us over escargot in addition to the appetizer we ordered. Wonderful service!!!

The ice cream and sorbets are the best; the soufles to die for, prime rib, rack of lamb......mmmmmm, love the escargot.

Last cruise on the Coral in June no escargot on the menu. I felt a little disappointed, but didn't say anything. Wouldn't you know it, the head waiter brings us over escargot in addition to the appetizer we ordered. Wonderful service!!!

In October on the Crown, no escargot on the menu. However, several at our table requested it & were told to just ask 1-2 days prior & it will be served. Same with frogs legs. Those who wanted were able to have them.

Almost anything can be requested, so if you don't see it, just ask! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived