Best cabin for a Family

Sometime in the next year I'm hoping to book a cruise for our family - DH and I, two adult DDs and one 13 year old DGD. I have no ship or itinerary in mind yet as that decision will come later.

My question has to do with the best cabin or cabins to book. I've looked at RCCL's web site and am not sure about how many people the larger suites will accommodate so am wondering if we should book two cabins. We will be looking for the best situation for the most value and will want at least one balcony cabin.

Advice, suggestions, thoughts appreciated as we begin the process.

If you all want to stay in the same cabin I suggest you check out the Family Oceanview cabins. After reading your post, I read that 5 people are going? Check with RCCL is the FO will accomodate 5 people.

On some ships there are balcony cabins that adjoin with inside cabins. I dont remember which ships these are, but someone on this board will know.

If it comes down to it, consider purchasing a balcony cabin and the inside cabin right accross the hall from it. If you book early you should have no problem securing this scenario.

Happy Sailing!

We are doing the same thing the previous poster suggested with us in a balcony and the kids across the hall in an inside. They can use our balcony and sleep in their room, besides you get 2 bathrooms this way. And with 3 girls in the mix an extra bathroom would definitely come in handy

I would definitely get 2 cabins, as opposed to 1 large one. You and hubby will want some privacy, and with older kids, the rooms don't even need to adjoin! You can book a cheaper cabin for those that aren't paying themselves!! and get a nice balcony for you and your man! The kids can come and visit on your balcony, when it's ok with you!

Just having an added bathroom makes it worth the extra cabin--and vacation privacy--ahhhh, there's nothing like it!

We booked the Royal Family suite for our 14 day Alaska cruise. It will sleep 8 with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, and large balcony. There is a 5 person minimum. Depending on the cruise and the time of year it can be affordable. When we booked it was about the same price as two junior suites, but the junior suites were all sold out. Plus you get all the "suite perks" as it is above a grand suite in category.

Good luck!:)

Thank you for your ideas. The two DDs are 38 and 46 and the DGD is the daughter of the 46 year old. I like the idea of the Royal Suite with two bathrooms. If not, a balcony and inside cabin would work.

Now we just have to find a time and choose a cruise!

This is the family suite on the Vision of the Seas. It has:

Royal family suite with balcony

Square footage: 463 sq ft

Balcony square footage: 55 sq ft

Occupancy: Up to 8 guests

Amenities:CCF_4_2079_CP1_f.GIF ktipCabinLayoutTitleFS="Royal family suite with balcony layout"; ktipCabinLayoutBodyFS='CCF_4_2079_CP1_f.GIF'; ktipCabinLayoutLinkFS="See cabin layout"; Private balcony; living area with sofa bed and Pullman bed; two bedrooms, each with two twin beds that convert to queen-size beds; two bathrooms, one with bathtub; vanity area; refrigerator; closed-circuit TV; radio; and telephone

Master bedroom & bathroom ...

Family+Suite+Master+bedroom+-+Pan.jpg

Second bedroom ...

Family+Suite+second+BR+-+Pan.jpg

Family+Suite+sitting+room+-+Pan.jpg

On the Freedom class the Royal Family Suite is even bigger ...

Royal family suite with balcony

Square footage: 610 sq ft

Balcony square footage: 234 sq ft

Occupancy: Up to 8 guests

Amenities: Private balcony; living area with double sofa bed; two bedrooms, each with two twin beds that convert to queen-size beds; two private bathrooms; vanity area; hair dryer; refrigerator; closed-circuit TV; radio; telephone; and complimentary concierge service.

These suites are hard to get and must be booked via the telephone early. We were lucky enough to get one for this June.

Archived