live st thomas constellation

GATOR MOM

I notice post disappearing too...but I thought I said something out of line & big brother removed it:eek:

My first cruise was on celebrity...I cried when I had to leave...there was music & activity at the pool. I sailed her 2 more times...still activity at the pool & great activities. This time...they seemed to have slowed down...very quiet. Quess that is better than the noise of a Carnival ship:eek:

But...our cruise on Connie was great...our waiter ( Milin) was fantastic. Room attnedant ( Luna) was perfect. Had a great time...just a bit quiet for me as we had 4 days at sea.

Enoy your cruise...:)

Hey Gator Mom from Gator'town.

I was on the Connie for a Baltic cruise last yr, and this year will be on her again to S. and Central America western Carribean.

We had a band by the pool..it was July in the Baltics. Don Fluke was our CD as well. We honestly enjoyed the food under Roux, and I hope things settle for them in the kitchen..

Did the ship have the new bedding they are boasting about?

Thanks

Daphna

Yes, I would like to know about the bedding too, has it been all re-done? We're on Connie on March 23rd.

We had Don Fluke on Mercury almost 2 years ago---BORING!!!!!! We enjoy the Celebrity "quiet" if that is what you want to call it, I think there is just enough noise, games & activities!!!!

Like Finely Cruising, (Hi Cheryl!) we lay out on the upper pool deck facing the sea & listen to books on CD all day!!!!:D

I have to say, I have always enjoyed the pool bands on Celebrity, they aren't screaming and don't play all the time so you get some peace & quiet!!!

I was telling people all through the cruise that I thought my bed on this ship was the most comfortable of any I have been on. Not all I talked to agreed; maybe they are replacing them little by little. Or I like "lived in" mattresses.

Tom

I had no problem with the Connie bedding...but I don't know if it is new...seemed newer. It had white sheets & a light weight white comforter...not heavy...comfty. I don't like heavy blankets...heck...we were in the Carrib!! So the lite weight comforter was great. I hope you find it as comfty...have a great cruise :)

I must be easy to please because I loved Connie. It was my favorite ship and I was traveling only with my son (5 at the time). I met many nice people. I danced every nite before dinner in the Rendez Vous Lounge with two nice gentlemen. I was in heaven and I am 41.

I think Constellation is great for people that want to decompress from fast paced lives. Millenium and Constellation are both quiet ships and I walked every morning on deck, swam in the heated pool, chatted with new friends in the Buffet area. Read in the quiet lounges. Took a free dance lesson in the afternonn, got dolled up for pre-dinner dancing, ate with new friends. Drank Martinis with more new friends. Laughed at the really bad Kareoke.

Had a great time.

I came away from the trip relaxed, pampered and rejuvenated but Celebrity is not for everyone I guess.

Is it just me or this happening to everyone? I notice that people did new posts on this thread (like finely cruising and dedlaw for example) and I went to read them and they weren't there. Just wondering if I am somehow in the twilight zone or is everyone experiencing the same? I guess we will see if this post goes through.

This particular problem has been going on for weeks:eek: the post

was submitted....the person's name is the last one to show up as

"posted"

but the post is NOT there....not until you reply again or someone

else replies...then the missing post is there!

I know that sounds confusing but it is the system..not you;)

Hi

We were on this sailing too. Weather was fantastic, except for the last day when the sea was a little lively - but I like that! We have sailed this itinerary before on the Summit a few years back.

We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise. We found the food very good, with lots of choice and some menu stadards available. We enjoyed Ocean Liners too, but not so much as the Normandie on the Summit - not sure why!

The Officers, crew and staff were the friendliest and best we have encountered so far - excellent plus!

As for entertainment, the stage shows and arielists were excellent, and Perry Grant, of course magnificent as always - he make Micheals his own - perhaps they should rename it 'Perry's'when he is playing. There were also all the usuals, trivia, karaoke, talent shows, deck parties, disco. We like the no announcement policy this might make it seem quiet but there is lots going on. Don Fluke is a nice guy, laid back and funny. Better range of entertainment than when we last sailed on Summit when we had Cirque du Soleil - didnt miss them!

We tend not to use the pool deck - too much hassel with chair hogs - the situation is getting worse - some on this cruise had 3 sets of chairs for morning sun, afternoon sun and in the shaded area.

Celebrity need to bring in a timed system for unused chairs - you get a ticket when you leave, and if you are not back in 30 mins the butler removes your things. if you dont get a ticket, your things are removed straightaway.

Other than that one tiny gripe we had a great time. Our next Celebrity cruise is already booked and we can't wait. Thanks to everyone who made it happen.

Angie, Tony and Jane

Just want to pop in with my .02.... The ship was lovely, service was outstanding and yes, it was quiet. Went to karaoke one night and it was the most low key I have ever seen. But I have to say the guy from Montreal was terrific. Sang Neil Diamond and Engelbert Humperdink like a pro!

I think Entertainment was subjective. Most of the shows were repeats from our last X cruise on Summit 2 years ago (and a tad boring). The traveling entertainers were so-so. Perry Grant was very funny and entertaining but repeat shows seemed to be rehashing the same material.

I may be the only person who thought the pool band was great. While I did not hear them the whole time, whenever I caught them they were playing some great classic rock 70's covers. They played a Carlos Santana that was truly amazing and DH and I were the only ones who clapped. Guess they just played to our era.

As far as the food goes, by the second night I was tired of the menu already. So I ordered a shrimp cocktail and a salad and our most excellent waiter, Pawel, caught on immediately and sent over the asst Maitre D' Larry. Larry came over every night and showed me the menu for the next night. I ended up ordering grilled fish (not salmon just whatever was on the menu unadorned) and without exception it was excellent! After 6 cruises, this rates as the tops in service hands down. DH ordered from the standard menu and was satisfied all but one night (a beef dish that did not appeal to him). Sommelier Robert was also great.

We went to Ocean Liners and were pleasantly surprised! On our last Summit cruise, we found the service to be aloof, pretentious and tediously drawn out. DH said never again. But this cruise, DH humoured me for Valentines’ Day. This time around we had wonderful (and perfectly timed) service from DeJan and his team. DH said it was the best filet mignon he ever had. Looks like they are back on our must do list J.

I think our bedding on deck 6 was not updated … still comfortable but on the firm side.

Hi

We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise.

The Officers, crew and staff were the friendliest and best we have encountered so far - excellent plus!

As for entertainment, the stage . Our next Celebrity cruise is already booked and we can't wait. Thanks to everyone who made it happen.

Angie, Tony and Jane

Glad to see you enjoyed your cruise. :)

Archived