Just won FLL Grande Hotel & Yaught Club for...

Keisele

Ron, the date I asked for was June 8, 2007. One night only, but they offered addtional nights at the same rate. Just so you know, I have been trying for a month on Priceline. I was bidding $60-$69 for a 2 1/2 star hotel and was rejected. I thought I had made a mistake when they accepted my $80 bid for a 3 star so just keep trying.

Does this property have airport/port shuttles?

I read on their website that the Grande offers port shuttles and I would assume airport shuttles as well. GGC, I believe you read my other post where I mentioned that we had a room on the hightest floor and woke up to the bow of the Caribbean Princess out our window which was very exciting. The hotel is really close to the port. Just the road and bridge separated us from the ship. The Grande is presently going under renovations that should be completed by April 1st, but we all know how that goes. Being I am going in June I will assume the renovations will be completed by then.

Kiesele,

I just wanted to thank you for posting this info. I just won it also for 80.00 on priceline. For April 28th, 2007. You saved me money from booking this with the hotel. We loved the hotel last year. Nice balconys and wonderful beds. They were remodeling last year but I really liked the hotel alot. And the water taxi is at the hotel too. Thanks again for your reported win. You just made my day.

Dawn

Kiesele,

I just wanted to thank you for posting this info. I just won it also for 80.00 on priceline. For April 28th, 2007. You saved me money from booking this with the hotel. We loved the hotel last year. Nice balconys and wonderful beds. They were remodeling last year but I really liked the hotel alot. And the water taxi is at the hotel too. Thanks again for your reported win. You just made my day.

Donna,

I bid 80.00 for a 3star in fll.

Dawn

I have been trying once a week for about a month for 3* Downtown FLL. Previous higher bids turned down. I wanted the Embassy Suites.

May 26, 2007

1 room

1 night

bid $80.00

Hotel won= Fort Lauderdale Grande Hotel And Yacht Club

I stayed here in 2004 when it was the Marriott, a bid also won on priceline. We had a harbor view room on the very end of the building so our balcony wrapped around, this was nice, but the bed was the worst I have ever slept on. It was actually broken and tilted and made me feel like I was going to fall out of the bed. We tried to switch rooms but couldn't.

They started renovations last year, when we stayed there, the towers where closed and we had a harbor view and the room we had was nice with new matteress and bedding. They were just working on the towers as far as I was told. They are suppose to be done by the end of April but that never happens on time. So the rest of the rooms were suppose to be done already, we will see. The staff was great and helpful and they have the free shuttle to the port , just sign up the night before.

Dawn

Okay - here is my question for Priceline - I need a room with at least 2 double beds and would prefer 2 queen. There are 4 people in a room. How do I know I am getting a room with 2 beds if I bid 3 Star Downtown?

Thanks!

There are no gaurantees on PL that you'll get two double beds. When you book a room it's for double occupancy, not quad.

From PL's terms of services:

Hotel Accommodations and Special Requests: All Name Your Own Price ® hotel reservations are guaranteed for double occupancy (one double bed or two twin beds). Priceline.com requests that our hotel suppliers provide non-smoking rooms. However room assignments are based on hotel availability and are at the hotel's discretion. We cannot guarantee a non-smoking room, nor can we guarantee you will have one bed or two. If you have special requests (such as smoking room, pet accommodations, type of bedding, connecting rooms, view, floor location, etc.), you must call the hotel and verify that special requests can be met after your reservation is confirmed. Priceline.com makes no guarantee that special requests will be met. A hotel reservation cannot be refunded, canceled or modified on the basis that a special request was not (or could not be) met by the hotel.

I just got off the phone to confirm we need two double beds after getting our room pre and post cruise on Priceline. The rep said they no longer have port shuttles either. It has been discontinued. Kind of makes the good price less attractive now since we must find alternative transportation. At least we got the room!

Okay - here is my question for Priceline - I need a room with at least 2 double beds and would prefer 2 queen. There are 4 people in a room. How do I know I am getting a room with 2 beds if I bid 3 Star Downtown?

Thanks!

The only way you could be sure to get two double beds is if the hotel didnt have king rooms or ones with one double bed. I called ours after I booked it to make the formal request for both two beds and non smoking.

On the website it still says free shuttle to the port and free shuttle to the beach. So I will print it out and take it. Even if they did stop shuttle it is so close to the port that it should only cost 5-8 dollars.

Dawn

On the website it still says free shuttle to the port and free shuttle to the beach. So I will print it out and take it. Even if they did stop shuttle it is so close to the port that it should only cost 5-8 dollars.

Dawn

Dawn, can you give me the link so I can print it as well. On the site I looked at I never saw it but may have overlooked it.

Thanks!

Archived