First cruise and first question on this forum

2bthere

Hello everyone,

My husband surprised me with a vegas/repositioning cruise to Vancouver, BC trip. Has anyone tried these? We are on HAL Noordam from 5/9-5/12. I have concerns about rough water as we head north :confused: . Should I be?

Appreciate any response.

I've cruised the pacific coast in May before. You can never be sure of good weather, no matter when you sail. But it's certainly a nice time of year. You'll be amazed at how many flowers are in full bloom in Vancouver in early May.

Be ready to get hooked on cruising. A short cruise is a good way to check it out.

If you are worried about seasickness, you should talk to your doctor about a prescription for Scopolamine, which is a patch you wear behind your ear to combat seasickness. I don't go on the water without them since I get motion sick on a swing set. I have been very curious about a repositioning cruise. Typically you can get good deals b/c the company has to move the ship one way or the other. I think you will really enjoy it.

Hello,

There are truly excellent prices on repositioning cruises and the overall price including air is generally much less than you pay for round trip cruises. For example, RCCL's Splendour of the Seas is a very nice ship. You can sail on the Splendour from Galveston to Europe for $499 per person inside for a 14 day cruise (oceanview and balconies are reasonably priced as well).

Hope that this helps.

Fred

Although not on HAL, we took a repo cruise last May, it was great :)

I had worried about rough seas and while we did feel movement, I'd not have called it rough at all. But, every cruise can be different, so if I were you, I'd be prepared ahead of time with seasick meds, just in case.

We upgraded ourselves to a blacony cabin a couple of months before leaving and were very glad we did. We actually had coffee on the balcony in the morning (had to wipe down the chairs) and left the balcony door open at night. It was wonderful to hear the ocean all night.

What we had thought of as just a little spring fling actually turned out to be one of our favorite little cruises so far. We used ours as an excuse to go to Vancouver for a couple days ;)

It does sound like a fun trip, have a great time!

Hello,

Cruise from Las Vegas to Vancouver? There are relatively inexpensive flights from Las Vegas to San Diego, Los Angeles, and San Francisco, and you can begin your Alaskan cruise from these ports. The Alaskan cruise market is very competitive, which means that you have several choices of cruises, on excellent ships that are repositioned from the Caribbean to Alaska.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

Hello,

Cruise from Las Vegas to Vancouver? There are relatively inexpensive flights from Las Vegas to San Diego, Los Angeles, and San Francisco, and you can begin your Alaskan cruise from these ports. The Alaskan cruise market is very competitive, which means that you have several choices of cruises, on excellent ships that are repositioned from the Caribbean to Alaska.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

Although the OP wasn't as specific as she could have been, I assumed she was taking a trip to Las Vegas, followed by a repo cruise from LA to Vancouver. Not to Alaska, she is from Vancouver area and is sailing the repo back to her homeport.

BTW, an Alaskan cruise after the repo would be lovely!

Archived