Pic's of Cruise Ships in Port

bymyglass

As many of you know it was a very busy day in the Port of Vancouver, so here are a few snaps as the 5 ships leave Vancouver and head South for the Winter Season.

Norwegian Pearl

6184223004_5a5401776a.jpg

Golden Princess

6184171390_f4e0e085ec.jpg

Zaandam

6183657135_73df5a386c.jpg

Statendam

6184181928_8c73da2af7.jpg

Westerdam

6184190364_c82fd34ec6.jpg

Edited by trophy_23

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Three photos from back in July 2011, in Norway, on Queen Elizabeth in Olden.

What I like about photographing in the Norway Fjords, is the greenery of the back ground instead of the usual blue, which is unusual for most cruise ship photos.

20110723-IMG_6801.jpg

Canon 5D Mark ll 100-400L

20110723-IMG_6836.jpg

20110723-IMG_6873.jpg

Andrew :)

Edited by soblue

Here are a few more of my visuals for the Solstice in the Med this past June. Fun!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 46,432 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 52,775 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

The Solstice is positioned in the Villefranche harbor with this beautiful setting surrounding the ship in southern France.:

VillefrancheSolsticeInHarbor.jpg

In Venice, here is the view of Solstice as it is docked. This shot was taken from the main Tower at San Marco Square.:

VeniceSolsticeDockedFromTower.jpg

This high and wide view of Kotor shows the overall area, including the Bay of Kotor. It is one of the most indented parts of the Adriatic Sea. This bay is sometimes called the southern-most fjord in Europe. It is actually a submerged river canyon. Kotor has seen a significant increase in tourism, attracted by the Gulf’s natural beauty and the old town of Kotor that is a World Heritage Site.:

KotorHigherWiderOverview.jpg

Here are more views of the Solstice in Europe. First is the ship in the natural harbor area where we tendered at Villefranche. Second, is the back part of the ship while docked in Venice. Third is another shot of the Solstice near Villefranche with the scenic mountains in the background.:

SolsticeFullViewShotSFrance.jpg

SolsticeFullViewVeniceDocked.jpg

SolsticeFullShot2SoFrance.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Very cool! Photo Elements?

Thanks!

No, it's a nifty Nikon in-camera special effect called "color sketch" (found under the "retouch" menu on my D7000, and in other newer Nikons as well). The camera makes a copy of the original image, and then creates the "color sketch" from the copy. (I imagine this can also be done with Photoshop or other post-processing software on a computer, but it's fun to be able to have the camera do this.)

Here are a few more of my visuals for the Solstice in the Med this past June. Fun!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 46,432 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 52,775 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

The Solstice is positioned in the Villefranche harbor with this beautiful setting surrounding the ship in southern France.:

VillefrancheSolsticeInHarbor.jpg

In Venice, here is the view of Solstice as it is docked. This shot was taken from the main Tower at San Marco Square.:

VeniceSolsticeDockedFromTower.jpg

This high and wide view of Kotor shows the overall area, including the Bay of Kotor. It is one of the most indented parts of the Adriatic Sea. This bay is sometimes called the southern-most fjord in Europe. It is actually a submerged river canyon. Kotor has seen a significant increase in tourism, attracted by the Gulf’s natural beauty and the old town of Kotor that is a World Heritage Site.:

KotorHigherWiderOverview.jpg

Here are more views of the Solstice in Europe. First is the ship in the natural harbor area where we tendered at Villefranche. Second, is the back part of the ship while docked in Venice. Third is another shot of the Solstice near Villefranche with the scenic mountains in the background.:

SolsticeFullViewShotSFrance.jpg

SolsticeFullViewVeniceDocked.jpg

SolsticeFullShot2SoFrance.jpg

All of the photos are wonderful, so as it is impossible to comment on each, I will comment on the Solstice since she will be the next ship I cruise on--Bravo!

Thanks!

No, it's a nifty Nikon in-camera special effect called "color sketch" (found under the "retouch" menu on my D7000, and in other newer Nikons as well). The camera makes a copy of the original image, and then creates the "color sketch" from the copy. (I imagine this can also be done with Photoshop or other post-processing software on a computer, but it's fun to be able to have the camera do this.)

It is in the same place on the D5100.

MSC Poesia at the dock in Boston Oct 27, 2011. Taken from the Caribbean Princess leaving. Weather was about 1 mile vis, winds to 30MPH gusty and rain showers.

D3s 300mm f4 AFs w/tc1.4e wide open ISO 800 at 1/350th. I missed a better one because the front of the lens got blasted with a gust and rain right after this was taken. The gear was covered with a think tank raincoat.

boston.jpg

framer

MSC Poesia at the dock in Boston Oct 27, 2011. Taken from the Caribbean Princess leaving. Weather was about 1 mile vis, winds to 30MPH gusty and rain showers.

D3s 300mm f4 AFs w/tc1.4e wide open ISO 800 at 1/350th. I missed a better one because the front of the lens got blasted with a gust and rain right after this was taken. The gear was covered with a think tank raincoat.

boston.jpg

framer

WOW!, great timing! :)

AIDAbella in Naples

NCL%252520Epic%252520110811%25252010196.JPG

NCL%252520Epic%252520110811%25252010198.JPG

That ship is sooo funny! I remember seeing it for the first time in Civitavecchia this past summer and calling the family out on the balcony and we were all laughing at it. I didn't find out about it until I got home. My DD kept asking to go on the "Ancient Egyptian" ship because of the eye. Too bad it's not for english speaking travelers.

That ship is sooo funny! I remember seeing it for the first time in Civitavecchia this past summer and calling the family out on the balcony and we were all laughing at it. I didn't find out about it until I got home. My DD kept asking to go on the "Ancient Egyptian" ship because of the eye. Too bad it's not for english speaking travelers.

The AIDALuna docked right in front of us two weeks ago in Bermuda. It was the first time I'd seen an AIDA ship. I was like -- are those lips on the bow? (And some folks think NCL's hull art is too much?) :)