Afternoon Beach trip near cruise dock?

luige

We'll be in Barbados on March 8 and have already booked a horseback ride with the Caribbean Riding Centre which will probably get us back to the pier around noon. As the ship leaves at 5:30, is there a local beach to the port where we might walk to which won't be too expensive? Is there any type of local shopping thats close by?

The BoatYard looked interesting, but I don't think we want to pay for an entire day if we're only going to be there for a couple of hours.

You're welcome! I'm not sure how long the walk is but I know it's very close. Please keep in mind I'm passing along what I've read elsewehere, I've never actually been there. Others have said it's a $3 pp cab ride and they walked back to the ship once they knew the way. Here's more info: http://www.theboatyard.com Also very near the ship but in the other direction is Weisers on the Bay www.weisersbeachbar.com While both are within a mile or 2 and easily walkable, it's been my experience that it can be confusing in the clutter and traffic around a any pier.

I haven't decided which of these I'll try. I hope someone who knows and has been to both can pipe in here! :D

I was there a few weeks ago. The Boatyard Beach is wonderful and close to the ship. It was easy to locate from the map we got aboard the ship. Once you are downtown (an easy 10 min walk or a $3 shuttle ride) you turn right and cross the bridge and it is another 10 minutes to the beach. Again it was easy to find. For $15 each you can have use of a chair, umbrella, a drink and a ride back to the ship. We choose to walk a little farther to the public access and sat on the sand for free. The sand was white and fine and you could walk out a ways once in the water.

Archived