POH-Specialty Restaurant Surcharge

LokiGB

Does anyone know if there has been a change in the early 1/2 price surcharges for the specialty restaurants on the Pride of Hawaii?

Which restaurants have a surcharge and how much is the surcharge now?

Hello,

I just returned from the POH yeasterday. There is no half price specials anymore. The restaurants that have charge are Jasmine's Garden, Le Bistro, and Cagney's. I didn't try any of those restaurants but I think the fees range from $15 to $ 25. Papa's Italian and Paniolo's Mexican are free. Paniolo's was wonderful, best caesar salads on the whole ship, and the churros were to die for! Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great time!

Hey Tallydog!

Welcome back to the real world! Did you have a good time?

Thanks sooo much for the surcharge information. I wonder why they discontinued the 1/2 price deal.

I do have a million questions. First off, do you remember how the disembarkation went - which desks went first? We have a flight to make at noon (airline changed their flight times on us) and we're a little worried.

What night was lobster night and was a luau offerred on your cruise?

Thanks for your help. Would love to hear what you liked best and least.

Hi!

Ahh the real world, not as great as Hawaii! Disembark time were as follows, 7:30 express walk off, carry your own luggage, 8:00 am Early flights(before 2pm), and other times for different floors. You could do the early walk off or the 8:00 time, you should be fine, airport was about 10 minutes away. If you know what deck your on I could give there leaving time. We had a late flight so we carried our luggage of around 10. There's no customs just pick up your luggage and go.

Lobster night was Thursday night, along with prime rib, I don't eat either one my husband said they were ok. There was no luau on board but you could book one on the over night in Maui, alot of people on board did. The price was $95, to book on ship.

We loved all the ports rented cars each day except in Kona. Maui was our favorite. We drove all but about 10 miles on the road to hana, we started about 10:30, and there was no traffic. Lots of pretty scenery. We stopped at the Garden of eden, it's on the way there, and was $10 pp, beautiful garden and great views. A little tip in the first day on board ship, go to the library and check out the reveled book on maui and hawaii, if you don't have them yourself. The book gave all the great places to stop on the road to Hana.

The ship is the best way to see the islands. You still get the crusing feel when you are on board at night, of course you are usually really tired, from seeing all the great sites. There was a very funny comedian on board, but he just left for vacation. The shows were so so. Not my favorite I have ever seen. There was a magician on board, he wasn't to bad. Staff always was friendly to help and fix any problems. They have some hula dancers that do a show before sailing on Monday afternoon. They also give out free lei's during sailing off on Monday on the pool deck, so don't buy one when you check in, wait till its free! Check in was a breeze we got there around 12 pm and there was no line at all. Just walked right on. Buffet was the better than most I have seen, it was a better quality of food. Breakfast was great. Waffles were wonderful. Also had omlets to order. You could do your own laundry free, its located on deck 5, detergent was $1, (machine only takes quarters).

We saw some whales and dolphins from the ship. That was awesome. Enjoy your trip! Anymore questions just let me know.

Hi!

Ahh the real world, not as great as Hawaii! Disembark time were as follows, 7:30 express walk off, carry your own luggage, 8:00 am Early flights(before 2pm), and other times for different floors. You could do the early walk off or the 8:00 time, you should be fine, airport was about 10 minutes away. If you know what deck your on I could give there leaving time. We had a late flight so we carried our luggage of around 10. There's no customs just pick up your luggage and go.

Lobster night was Thursday night, along with prime rib, I don't eat either one my husband said they were ok. There was no luau on board but you could book one on the over night in Maui, alot of people on board did. The price was $95, to book on ship.

We loved all the ports rented cars each day except in Kona. Maui was our favorite. We drove all but about 10 miles on the road to hana, we started about 10:30, and there was no traffic. Lots of pretty scenery. We stopped at the Garden of eden, it's on the way there, and was $10 pp, beautiful garden and great views. A little tip in the first day on board ship, go to the library and check out the reveled book on maui and hawaii, if you don't have them yourself. The book gave all the great places to stop on the road to Hana.

The ship is the best way to see the islands. You still get the crusing feel when you are on board at night, of course you are usually really tired, from seeing all the great sites. There was a very funny comedian on board, but he just left for vacation. The shows were so so. Not my favorite I have ever seen. There was a magician on board, he wasn't to bad. Staff always was friendly to help and fix any problems. They have some hula dancers that do a show before sailing on Monday afternoon. They also give out free lei's during sailing off on Monday on the pool deck, so don't buy one when you check in, wait till its free! Check in was a breeze we got there around 12 pm and there was no line at all. Just walked right on. Buffet was the better than most I have seen, it was a better quality of food. Breakfast was great. Waffles were wonderful. Also had omlets to order. You could do your own laundry free, its located on deck 5, detergent was $1, (machine only takes quarters).

We saw some whales and dolphins from the ship. That was awesome. Enjoy your trip! Anymore questions just let me know.

WHAT A GREAT WRITE-UP TALLYDOG! Thanks soo much! You really squeezed a lot of good information in to that post. :)

We were wondering about the lobster night - which restaurants serve lobster? The Grand Pacific and Alizar only? If it is served in Le Bistro or Cagneys, do you have to pay more than the surcharge for lobster on Lobster Night?

Sounds like you went to the buffets and enjoyed them. Did you go to any of the specialty restaurants and what did you think of their food and service?

I was thinking of ordering the Revealed books, so finding out we can check them out of the ship's library is a real plus! Thanks for the tip!

Sure hope we see some whales and dolphins from the ship on our cruise.

I am getting so excited!!

Hi,

I am not sure on the lobster night, I know the 2 dining rooms served it, I would guess there would stilll be the surcharge at cagney's, it's probably a better quality.

We went to Papa's one time, it was ok. I wasn't to crazy about the sauce. My hubby liked his order. We also ate at paniolo's three times, it was our favorite. Good food , wonderful service and no surcharge. We also tired the blue lagoon once for lunch, the food was good there to, as long as they didn't run out of it.We mainly did the buffet at breakfast.

Have fun!!

Yes, there was no 1/2 price early bird on the 2/12/07 cruise. The surcharges were $10 for Jasmine and Tepanyaki, $15 for Le Bistro, and $20 for the steak restaurant. Thursday night was lobster night. We ate in Tepanyaki that night and although lobster was not on the menu there, the chef had the wait staff fetch lobsters which he prepared in addition to our meal. All of the the specialty restaurants were fantastic.

Archived