Travelling the Corniches in the Riviera...?

We are docking in Villefranche and doing a 1/2 day tour in Nice; we are interested in travelling a couple of the Corniches for the highly recommended views.

Does anyone know much about the bus system or how reliable it would be to hire a taxi to take us around?

We are thinking of taking a bus along the lower Corniche from Villefranche to Nice over the train, and then after our tour, taking another (or taxi?) along the middle Corniche through Eze, and then along the high Corniche up to La Turbie before dropping back down to Monaco. I'm not sure the best way to get from Monaco back to Villefranche -- by bus again? We don't necessarily need to stop in these towns; it's more for the ride and views.

I know the higher Corniches offer bus service 5/day, while the lower offers busses 2/hour. I've heard pricing around 3E per leg of the trip; to they offer transfer tickets, does anyone know?

Again, any help/advice you have would be wonderful!

uddanielle

Med Splendour 2004

WC Brillance 2002

SC Adventure 2002

WC Voyager 2001

Semseter at Sea (Royal Olympic's Odysseus) 2000

I am sure you can rent a car in advance depending on the day you are there.. we didn't, but did the private day touring with

Http://www.dream-tours.com

They were terrific. If you can get a few more people from your cruise to share the wonderful Mercedes Van cost it woeks out great and you will see everything.

Next stop:

Buenos Aires to Rio Oceania - "Insignia"

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;2;2;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0300

mermaidswim.gif

icon_treasurebox.gif

We have driven the Corniches on a few ocassions (with rental cars) and love the area,,, especially Eze. You can get back to the ship, from Monte Carlo, on the train line which runs from Monte Carlo to Nice and beyond. It takes about 10 minutes to stroll from the train station to the pier, and there are a few cafes along the way [smile].

Hank

Archived