St. Maarten Jeweler Recommendations?

DebP

Hi me and my future wife are wondering if there are any shops good for watch lovers as we are going to buy one for each other as wedding presents, also any websites to go with the shops?

(I have checked out touch of gold and shiva's already)

thanks

Hi me and my future wife are wondering if there are any shops good for watch lovers as we are going to buy one for each other as wedding presents, also any websites to go with the shops?

(I have checked out touch of gold and shiva's already)

thanks

If you are considering fine watches, visit Love Jewelers in Marigot. Nice selection, knowledgeable staff. The owner, Love, is an avid Patek collector and we have been watching our collections grow for the past several years. He also has fine jewelry and great diamonds. Of course, know your prices and you will do well.

If you are considering fine watches, visit Love Jewelers in Marigot. Nice selection, knowledgeable staff. The owner, Love, is an avid Patek collector and we have been watching our collections grow for the past several years. He also has fine jewelry and great diamonds. Of course, know your prices and you will do well.

Thanks! Will def have a look have they got a website?

Thanks! Will def have a look have they got a website?

I have used Ken Adiani at Shopper's on several different occassions. I could not be more pleased! I even traded in a diamond tennis bracelet for a larger one for my wife. No problems whatsoever.

Ken is the definition of customer service.

I believe there's a Jewels by Love on Front Street in Philipsburg, as well.

They carry Oris.

gary

p.s. not aware of a website.

I am not aware of another genuine "Jewels by Love" store in St. Martin. I recommend starting with their store in Marigot just to be sure.

Just got back. Bought a new wedding band for my wife from Vicky. He was fantastic. I would just ask him for a recommendation as to where you should buy a watch (or anything else that you want).

rteach1

I am not aware of another genuine "Jewels by Love" store in St. Martin. I recommend starting with their store in Marigot just to be sure.

boyimace is looking for an Oris. I went to their site and found:

Jewels by Love

3 Frontstreet

AN Philipsburg, St. Maarten

tel: +1-599-526-808 (sic - obviously wrong)

Searching on that address found:

Jewels by Love

3 Frontstreet, Philipsburg, St. Maarten, Netherland Antilles

011 (599) -542-6806

Fourth generation family-owned business. Exquisite jewels and rare timepieces. Exclusive Agent for the world's finest timepieces viz. Patek Philippe, Vacheron Constantin, A. Lange & Sohne, I.W.C. Schaffhausen, Ulysse Nardin, Ebel, Oris, Hublot. Largest inventory of GIA Certified Diamonds of all shapes and sizes from the everyday to the incomparable. Exquisite Hand-crafted jewelry designed in-house.

For the record, my jeweler is Shiva's, who carries some fine watches, but not Oris, and I might question Love's statement about 'Largest inventory' of GIA diamonds.

gary

Jewels by Love has the largest and finest collection of high-end timepieces in the Caribbean. Ask for "Sandy" and without doubt he will take extremely good care of you. Tell him hello from Ken and Sandy.

• 2 years later...

DO NOT SHOP THE VENETIAN JEWELERS----I FIND DIAMONDS INTERNATIONAL are more on the up and up. Also, if you cruise, DO NOT use the cruise recommended places as all it is is they get a cut of every purchase SO they jack up the prices and give you bad pieces!!!!

DO NOT CRUISE On PRINCESS CRUISES either - they are the WORST!!!

They give you FALSE recommendations!!!! All they want is a cut.

DO NOT SHOP THE VENETIAN JEWELERS----I FIND DIAMONDS INTERNATIONAL are more on the up and up. Also, if you cruise, DO NOT use the cruise recommended places as all it is is they get a cut of every purchase SO they jack up the prices and give you bad pieces!!!!

DO NOT CRUISE On PRINCESS CRUISES either - they are the WORST!!!

They give you FALSE recommendations!!!! All they want is a cut.

RENTAPAD,

Thank you so much for pulling this discussion back up from 2007 for your first post. I am putting this information into my travel diary as we chat.

Thanks, again,

gary

We have always traded with Ballerina Jewelers in SXM, the store right by the courthouse. My daughter in law had a problem one time and they took care of it immediately. We have bought more things there than my husband would care to remember and have always been extremely happy with our purchases. They also have stores in St. Thomas, good luck.:o

• 2 weeks later...
A different thread lists lots of names of jewelers on St. Thomas, though many people believe St. Maarten is the better stop for gem stones. I'm thinking tanzanite and/or diamond slide or ring. Any recommendations? Also, what time do the jewelry stores close?

Grand Jewelers (also have one in St. Thomas). We deal with Micky. He is the brother of the owner in St. Thomas. We have been buying from Grand for about 15 years. Have never once been disappointed. Carole :)

• 8 months later...

...wanted to get updated info on jewelry locations and service, reputation. I have written down Ballerina, Ocean, Joe's, and Shiva's to check out on our next visit in the Spring. Will be looking specifically for diamond engagement w/band set in white gold or platinum, 3-5 carat. Don't want a solitare stand alone, more like center stone with emerald or radiant cut surrounded with smaller stones. I call it the old fashion style, DW would prolly be hitting me if she knew that. I dont have a pic but will know when we see it, this would be a replacement for her original marquise solitare given to her 19 or so years ago. Any input. TIA.

...wanted to get updated info on jewelry locations and service, reputation. I have written down Ballerina, Ocean, Joe's, and Shiva's to check out on our next visit in the Spring. Will be looking specifically for diamond engagement w/band set in white gold or platinum, 3-5 carat. Don't want a solitare stand alone, more like center stone with emerald or radiant cut surrounded with smaller stones. I call it the old fashion style, DW would prolly be hitting me if she knew that. I dont have a pic but will know when we see it, this would be a replacement for her original marquise solitare given to her 19 or so years ago. Any input. TIA.

First, from an earlier post:

As strange as it may sound, we actually have three jewelers on St. Maarten, all located on Front Street.

Our favorite is Shiva's. We have been dealing with the family here for over 20 years. We believe that they have the very finest high-end jewelry in the Caribbean, especially diamonds and watches. We deal with Jay, but anyone here can help you. 75 Front Street.

Our second choice, for upper-end jewelry, is Ballerina's, next to the Courthouse. We have purchased a number of pieces over the last 10 years or so. We deal with Ravi here. 56 Front Street.

We also shop at Ocean Jewelers, a bit difficult to find in the Horizon View Beach Hotel mall, but well worth it for your less expensive pieces. We deal with DJ. 49-E Front Street.

All three of these are within a five minute walk of each other. Mention that Gary and MaryAnn referred you if you like.

gary

With the ring that you (kind of) describe, I don't think that our friend at Ocean would be first choice, but I'll suggest that you check at Shiva's and at Ballerina.

You realize that now that you're shopping for a ring which you'll "know it when you see it" it makes any price comparisons quite difficult, but these are the three shops we've narrowed down to. We always look elsewhere, but rarely purchase elsewhere.

gary

First, from an earlier post:

With the ring that you (kind of) describe, I don't think that our friend at Ocean would be first choice, but I'll suggest that you check at Shiva's and at Ballerina.

You realize that now that you're shopping for a ring which you'll "know it when you see it" it makes any price comparisons quite difficult, but these are the three shops we've narrowed down to. We always look elsewhere, but rarely purchase elsewhere.

gary

Thanks for the update. I, well, we want to ensure that we are dealing with reputable folks. I've been following these threads for some time and feel the three mentioned are good choices. If you feel there are others we should be sure to check, please feel free to pass along. Thanks again.

• 3 months later...

It's Vibrant Jewels from Santorini Greece. They have very different items than you will find in all the other shops. And his prices are less than in Greece. 31A Front St. Ask for Anistasios. I think you will find something new here rather than the usual items that the others offer.

We've been very pleased with our jewelry purchased from Dazzling Gems. Somewhere @ 10 Front st, at the head of town. Danny is the owner and he'll go above and beyond to help you get what you want, even if he doesn't have it, (give him 30 minutes and he will). You need to go see him before you make any diamond buys. :D

Edited by satbeachbill

I've been going to Joe's Jewelry International for years and I always leave that store very happy. I always go to see Raj, and I am looking forward to another visit in 4 weeks. They have several locations in St. Maarten, one being 66 Front Street. I stopped going to the cruise recommended stores years ago when I found out they actually "shake down" these merchants for their "cut." It reminds me of how other "shady" characters do business and I want no part of it. I can actually get a better deal from Joe's since they no longer pay the cruise lines, and I am very happy they stood up for themselves and said NO to the big boys in charge of the marketing, etc. on the cruise lines.

Hey crazycruiselady, I totally agree. That's one reason I deal with Dazzling Gems. Danny used to work for "one of those big guys" and didn't care for some of the company policies towards customers. So he opened his own shop years ago and has his own following......just like several other jewelers in St Martin.

You just need to find someone you can TRUST and feel comfortable with.....and do your homework about diamonds.....before you go on vacation.....before you get caught up in all the glitter in those display cases. It can really be overwhelming to say the least. :eek: :D :p.....and it sure is fun.