Playa Uvas or Reef Club

fdmdj83

Hi!

Trying to find the best beach for us. Thought my teens would like Playa M ia but I'm not sure during Spring Break that would be the choice because of the crowds and there being 7 ships in port that day. Would like a beach with enough down time, but extras that the teens would like too. I'm also not sure about the all inclusive, because I'm not comfortable yet with the idea of eating the food in these places...even though a lot is said about it, and not many have complained about being sick....Any thoughts...Basically, want a nice beach, with some extras....Di

Hi!

Trying to find the best beach for us. Thought my teens would like Playa M ia but I'm not sure during Spring Break that would be the choice because of the crowds and there being 7 ships in port that day. Would like a beach with enough down time, but extras that the teens would like too. I'm also not sure about the all inclusive, because I'm not comfortable yet with the idea of eating the food in these places...even though a lot is said about it, and not many have complained about being sick....Any thoughts...Basically, want a nice beach, with some extras....Di

I've been to Playa Uvas and I absolutely enjoyed it!! I got the Beach Pass 1 which includes 45 min. tour guided of snorkeling and kayaking. Fajitas meal, and all the drinks you can drink! This is a place to go if your looking for a beach that won't be croweded! Check out their website: www.playauvas.com and also you can read the thread here on cruise critic http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210.. very informative! I wouldn't worry about the food! IT'S GOOD!! :) yummy!! Also the drinks!! You can also e-mail Eduardo with any questions you may have. You can read my review here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=349494&page=24

Enjoy! Whatever you choose, have FUN!!

Hi!

There are plenty of beach clubs that do not offer the AI, unsure of exactly what you are looking for just keep in mind the beaches from the park north are man made (better for snorkeling) and not like a florida type beach

There are plenty of beach clubs that do not offer the AI, unsure of exactly what you are looking for just keep in mind the beaches from the park north are man made (better for snorkeling) and not like a florida type beach

Seems like they are looking for a more uncrowded beach...not one packed like sardines....cause they will be there with 7 ships and spring break

IMHO Uvas might be good...cause you can book just drinks included or even a la carte....$7 gets you a lounger and one drink of choice

Uvas has clear kayaks and snorkel trips for the teens.

Best of all they LIMIT the amount of visitors per day

Another one with a daily limit is Nachi Cocum which gets raves..it might be more adult tho....and they are all inclusive with food, which gets good reviews. they have a pool and hot tub, nice beach too

Reef Club is also all inclusive with food/pools and stuff

mixed reviews on beach (construction? may be good now)

From everything I have read, water is filtered and the food served to tourists is safe at these popular places but if you want the a la carte/no food Uvas would be worth checking out. Uvas also has a pool/massages

offered

I'd say Playa Uvas as well. We ate there and it was very good. All of the main bars/resorts use filtered water or they wouldn't have any business.

Limiting the # of guest with 7-9 ships in port is very valuable. We've been to Paradise where it was near impossible to even get a drink and chairs were stacked so close you couldn't walk.

Had friends who went to Playa Mia last week (8 ships in port) and said it was super crowded and the snorkeling was terrible. They could only see about 1-2 ft. down because the water was so cloudy.

Archived