Disney Cruise in December

Angsa

Hi, just wanted to know what it will be like to cruise on DCL in December. Will the weather be really cold? Can you still do the same activities as in the summer? Anybody tried? I just worry that it will be too cold to swim at Castaway Cay in Dec.

we went on the wonder this year. we boarded the ship jan 7th, the weather was wonderful, never rained, but our shore excursions in castaway were cancled due to rough waters but not the weather because it was sunny and 80 just a little windy and wavy.

Hi, we have cruised many times in december and january. The weather was great. If you look at a weather site you will see the weather only varies 5 to 10 degrees from summer to winter in most of the islands. The difference is there is NO humdiity so it is much more pleasant that the summer heat. Usually around 80.

It is great for walking around the islands. Always a breeze too.

The water of course is much cooler, too cool for me to wade in the water, but most people still jump right in and swim anyway. so I dont want to say it is too cold to swim, it may just be me. I am from Florida, so use to warm water and weather. my family said it was cool at first but once they got in it was fine. But it can be quite windy at times which can make to seem colder when in the water.

one perk to december is seeing the ship and castaway cay all decorated for Christmas.

good luck on your decision,

mom x4,grandma x4

Archived