Radiance class ships

Only been on 4 cruises, but my last cruise Feb. 3 was on the Radiance Of the Seas. What other class of ships is just as good as the Radiance. I really loved that cruise, and would like to take another on a ship as good or better than the Radiance.

The Voyager-class ships. They are incredible. I really like them much better than Radiance class ships, they have so much more to do, and IMO are better looking. We liked Jewel, but loved our Voyager class cruises. I really recommend Navigator and Mariner, they are the newest and have glass balconies rather than metal, along with a few other perks that Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure don't.

there are a few ships in the radiance class which are similar you could go on the Brilliance, Serenade, or Jewel.

I am on the Brilliance next for the Panama canal, and after that the Serenade for Alaska.

Look at the RCCL website and choose one of the radiance class ships in the search to see all the itineraries.

I, too, prefer Voyager class ships--the main reason being the open Solarium. On Radiance class, they seldom, if ever, open the retractable roof! You cant tan under glass! Consequently, we never used that "adult" space. Very disappointing!

cb:Am so looking forward to our Radiance cruise in November and then have the Jewel booked for January...It will be our first time on a Radiance Class ship and we have heard sooooo many great things about this class...So happy to know you had a great time...Later, Jill:cool:

The Radiance class ships are unquestionably our favorite class of RCCL ship. We've now officially sailed on all of them except Freedom class. We love them all, but Radiance has been our favorite followed by Empress.

I, too, prefer Voyager class ships--the main reason being the open Solarium. On Radiance class, they seldom, if ever, open the retractable roof! You cant tan under glass! Consequently, we never used that "adult" space. Very disappointing!

I hope that no one lies out in the solarium without using the appropriate level of sunscreen based on that comment, because the UV rays that burn your skin and give you that tan are not blocked by the glass roof. On an extremely hot Caribbean day, the temperature and humidity controlled solariums on the Radiance are a welcome retreat. (Plus, on the Jewel of the Seas, and perhaps some others now, you can get delicious crepes in the solarium.):D

Our preference for Radiance class ships is due to the fact that on those ships you do not lose contact with the outside and the sea, while Voyager and Freedom class ships are, by their very design, inward-directed, drawing you deep within the ship where you lose all sight of the outside and can easily forget you are on a ship or at sea. The concierge lounges on Radiance ships have a wall of glass and great ocean view, while those on Voyager ships are interior rooms, nicely furnished but providing no views of the outside.

Both have their virtues, but overall, we find the Radiance ships more to our taste.

Archived