Are there ANY Park & Sail Hotels in San Francisco?

Sailfish

We will be going on a 10 night Alaska cruise departing round trip from San Francisco and plan to drive to the port. We are looking for a hotel that offers a Park & Sail Package; do you know of any that will allow passengers to leave their cars at the hotel? We are okay with taking a cab to and from the port if it's reasonable.

I know there are park & fly packages at SFO - that's a little too far for us to go.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Suzi

• 2 weeks later...

We have sort of the same problem as we are driving to SF but ending our cruise in Vancouver. SO, we are parking in an off site lot near the airport for about $10.00 a day and taking the Super Shuttle to the pier. $15.00 per person I have not checked parking rates at park and cruise lots downtown. If they are only $12.00 a day that is a very good deal since parking at a hotel is $40.00 per day. MG

Is taking Amtrak into SF an option for you? The Amtrak bus drops you off 1/2 block from the cruise pier! :)

I am going to look into this - but Amtrak trains are often very late and by the time they get into Sacramento (from Seattle) they are a little stinky too. Commuter trains are a better options and I will check into those.

There are some by the airport. You just have to pay extra for the super shuttle. All worth it if you have a long drive.

And that's exactly what we might end up doing, but it's not the most convenient.

There are many park & fly hotels near SFO, but SFO is far from the pier, and adds a lot of additional miles to our already long drive to the bay area. I would like to leave the car with friends in SF, but that may not be possible. I appreciate your input, though. Like I said, your suggestion is probably the one we will end up taking!

I am going to look into this - but Amtrak trains are often very late and by the time they get into Sacramento (from Seattle) they are a little stinky too. Commuter trains are a better options and I will check into those.

There are definitely many commuter trains from Sac to SF, about every hour in the AM - that's what we're doing for our upcoming cruise, from Sac to SF and back. Did in on the return from SF once before and it worked out great!

Archived