? regarding Qantas flights within Australia

We are booked on a cruise tour package with Princess and have 3 flights within Australia - Sydney to Cairns, Cairns to Alice Springs and Ayers Rock to Sydney. I have some questions about these flights.

1. Are the flights usually at capacityin coach or what are my chances of having an empty seat beside me?

2. Are the armrests moveable?

I am a large women and am worried about the 17" seats for a 3-hour flight.

Any help would be appreciated.

for these domestic flights you should find yourself on a 727, usually 3 seats on each side of the plane. seating is pretty much the same size as our 747. last qantas 727 I was on had arm rests that did go up. maybe you can check with your travel agent to find out what size plane you will be travelling on then check out the qantas website for more info.

i think these flights are around 2-2.5 hours.

Qantas says, "We do everything possible to meet any special needs our customers may have. Where a customer requests some extra space, we will consider their request at check-in and try to seat them next to an empty seat where possible."

I think I would call the airline and discuss it with them, to see about paying for upgrades or having notations in the record, etc..

I would be working on the assumption that the flights will be full. If you are travelling in our summer - December to March - then not only tourists will be on the plane but a lot of Australians as this is the time most of us take our vacation. In fact, nearly all year the flights to these 3 places are full as they are tourist destinations.

Jennie

for these domestic flights you should find yourself on a 727, usually 3 seats on each side of the plane. seating is pretty much the same size as our 747. last qantas 727 I was on had arm rests that did go up. maybe you can check with your travel agent to find out what size plane you will be travelling on then check out the qantas website for more info.

I think you might mean 737 :D

We are booked on a cruise tour package with Princess and have 3 flights within Australia - Sydney to Cairns, Cairns to Alice Springs and Ayers Rock to Sydney. I have some questions about these flights.

1. Are the flights usually at capacityin coach or what are my chances of having an empty seat beside me?

2. Are the armrests moveable?

I am a large women and am worried about the 17" seats for a 3-hour flight.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi luvs2cruzga

I work for Qantas and if you ae happy to click on the "email me" link below and let me have more details I will be happy to help if I can.

Maurice

Hey Kenex,

Is the Alice Springs to Sydney sector a Dash 8??? I am not too sure.... I thought that you would know!! ;)

I suggest that you prepare to have a full flight..... airlines don't make money sending off flights with empty seats, and the only reason why QF is still flying post 11/9 is becuase it makes money. :rolleyes:

You will have a great time! Enjoy the outback! By the way - I suggest you don't buy a digeridoo.... it is culturally unacceptable (as per Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture that is) for a woman to hold one, let alone buy one or put her lips to one! But, most people don't know this, or really care. :p But I thought I would tell you incase you wanted to know.

Mark.

Hey Kenex,

Is the Alice Springs to Sydney sector a Dash 8??? I am not too sure.... I thought that you would know!! ;)

I suggest that you prepare to have a full flight..... airlines don't make money sending off flights with empty seats, and the only reason why QF is still flying post 11/9 is becuase it makes money. :rolleyes:

You will have a great time! Enjoy the outback! By the way - I suggest you don't buy a digeridoo.... it is culturally unacceptable (as per Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture that is) for a woman to hold one, let alone buy one or put her lips to one! But, most people don't know this, or really care. :p But I thought I would tell you incase you wanted to know.

Mark.

Hi Mark

As Globaliser wrote the ASP SYD flight is a 737-800 series.

Maurice

• 1 month later...

Hi,

If it's any more appealing, I don't believe QANTAS or any other airline has flown the 727 in years, not even Delta!!!

I think you might be talking of the B737, in which case QANTAS flies the newer 700-900 series on both domestic and some South Pacific flights.

These newer A/C are 3 abreast seating and can vary from 100 -160 pax+/- depending on the seating configuration. Inflight entertainment varies from one airline to another and some even have plush leather seats...even in economy.

The only 727 flying I know of belongs to Donald Trump.

Ciao for now!!!

Have you booked your flights yet? What dates are you travelling. I had a look for one day in January, and there are 5 Qantas flights to CNS. There is a 767 that operates one of those flights. It is larger, and more chance of an empty seat somewhere. The flight is QF167, which is an international flight, but you can book the domestic leg for this flight. The rest are on a mixture of 737 aircraft.

I found the Qantas 737-800 quite squashy. There isn't much room between the seats either.

The Cairns-Alice Springs flight is on a 717. Aim for the back, as it is louder at the back, and many people wouldn't like the noise. The configuration is 2-3. I also believe there is no window in the last row, and the toilets are at the back.

The ASP-SYD leg is on a 737-800.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

If it's any more appealing, I don't believe QANTAS or any other airline has flown the 727 in years, not even Delta!!!

I think you might be talking of the B737, in which case QANTAS flies the newer 700-900 series on both domestic and some South Pacific flights.

These newer A/C are 3 abreast seating and can vary from 100 -160 pax+/- depending on the seating configuration. Inflight entertainment varies from one airline to another and some even have plush leather seats...even in economy.

The only 727 flying I know of belongs to Donald Trump.

Ciao for now!!!

Which is the one John Travolta bought? He has an old Qantas plane - I think it might be a 727.

I think you might mean 737 :D

Hi luvs2cruzga

I work for Qantas and if you ae happy to click on the "email me" link below and let me have more details I will be happy to help if I can.

Maurice

Maurice,

That is really so nice of you to offer -- I am constantly amazed at how helpful and "giving" all our cc members are to others!:D

Archived