Rental Cras/Port Canaveral

We are flying down next year for a cruise and we wanted to spend a few days before in florida. We would need to rent a car at the airport when we come in but was wondering if there is a rental car place near the port or at the port where we could drop the car off. I would hate to drive all the way back to the airport, drop off the car, get the bus and go back. What a pain that would be.

We are flying down next year for a cruise and we wanted to spend a few days before in florida. We would need to rent a car at the airport when we come in but was wondering if there is a rental car place near the port or at the port where we could drop the car off. I would hate to drive all the way back to the airport, drop off the car, get the bus and go back. What a pain that would be.

Yes, there are several rental car companies in Cape Canaveral (Avis, Budget, Thrifty). It is very common to fly to Orlando and rent a car to drive to Port Canaveral, turn the car in, and get the shuttle to the pier.

SugarNSpice8104, The car rental places that I know about that also have a shuttle are AVIS and Hertz. They are not so far from the port. We always rent from AVIS.

Good luck and smooth sailings!!

The Budget office in Port Canaveral is CC5 on Astronaut Blvd and is the closest office to the port. They run several shuttles back and forth to minimize your wait, and unlike some of the companies in P'Can, are open on Sunday. Not all of them are, and if they aren't open, they don't run a shuttle, you can still drop off the car, but you'll have to take a taxi. I can vouch for CC5, I've used them several times, when sailing into P'Can with the Navy and with RCL, they're good people.

Just returned from the Mariner yesterday. We rented from AVIS at MCO airport a few days before cruising, dropped our luggage off at the port, returned the car in Cape Canaveral and took their free shuttle to the ship with only our carry-ons. It was a breeze and took a total of about 30 min from start to finish.

We did the express self-disembarkation Sunday morning upon returning to Port Canaveral. Off the ship at 7:00, through Customs, on the shuttle to AVIS and in our car to Orlando by 7:30. We will certainly do this again next time.

Wish our flights from Ottawa and returning were as smooth!

Peter

THEJUDDS did you rent the car from the port to Orlando. How much did this cost? Seems more convienent than waiting for the bus and buying the transfers. Never thought of doing that, but for the right price that would def be the way to go!! Also, they must have rental places in Miami near the port then to right? We are deciding between the Mariner and Liberty.

We rented from the airport in Tampa for drop-off in Port Canaveral (and vice versa) and it was $45 with no drop off fee. It's a no-brainer in terms of being affordable and allowing you some flexibility

I have rented from Budget just a couple of weeks ago MCO to Port Canaveral. The price was 62.00 total (taxes everything) for a full size car. On the the return 57.00 all taxes etc. for a full size car. THey were wonderful to work with. Shuttl was waiting for us each way. No waits.

Laura

THEJUDDS did you rent the car from the port to Orlando. How much did this cost? Seems more convienent than waiting for the bus and buying the transfers. Never thought of doing that, but for the right price that would def be the way to go!! Also, they must have rental places in Miami near the port then to right? We are deciding between the Mariner and Liberty.

April 2006 from MCO to P'Can with Budget was $45 after taxes, on return, P'Can to MCO was $36 US.

Friday the 16th, I'm renting from Budget at SFB (Sanford/Orlando) to Ft. Lauderdale, Quay Shopping Center which is the office that is closest to Port Everglades. For the return trip I'm renting at Quay, and driving back to SFB for my return flight. I can fly Allegiant Air non-stop from Youngstown, OH to Sanford and drive to Ft. Lauderdale, then drive back to Sanford and fly non-stop back to Youngstown for much less money than flying with one stop flights from PIT to FLL.

My AVIS preferred rate was $47/day with unlimited mileage and no drop-off fees for a full-size car. Fully loaded Grand Prix GT from the airport and Impala LT on the way back. The trunk on the Impala was huge and fit everything no problem while we went to Disney.

Peter

Archived