Tell me about Alcohol on Royal Caribbean

Charlene, I just wanted to say thanks for the number! Also, your picture is adorable!!!! Very sweet :)

Thank you for the lovely compliment. :) It was taken on Voyager last year.

We aren't wine drinkers, ubt I heard the wine and ine can be a good package. Domestic beers are 4.25 (or a bucket of 5 for 20.00 - and some "good" bartenders throw in an extra - guess you can tell my DH frequented them alot). I enjoyed margaritas for 4.75 to 5.25 (depending on top shelf usage) and they are generous on free pour. Tried my first martini (a friend at work said I HAD to try an appletini so I did) my favorite bartenders chilled glass the whole none yards and it was great but a whopping 8.00.

Remember too that gratuities are AUTOMATICALLY added on drinks ordered.

We've been back 2 weeks from a sailing on Brilliance of the Seas. I ordered 2 gift baskets from Shelley - one for our friends (sailing with us) and one as a surprise for my husband. I was very excited about having treats in our cabin but neither basket showed up. Checked with Guest Relations 3 times and they were very helpful in trying to track down the baskets. Bad news, nothing from Shelley's company had been delivered to the ship.

When I got back, I called Shelley and she insists the baskets were delivered - blamed the cruiseline but she refunded my money. It was very disappointing. Next time, I will order gifts from the cruiseline or do without.

• 2 weeks later...
We ordered from Shelley and everything was delivered as promised. RCCL gave us no problems at all. The first night we asked our waiter if we could bring a bottle down and he said yes. No corkage fee was charged (though if that was policy or luck I wasnt about to ask!)

Did you order Liquor? Or just wine? I will call her tomorrow but was wondering if they were still offering liqour in the gift packages. We are sailing out of Miami if it makes a difference.

Just got back from the Rhapsody and they are definitely looking for alcohol now. In galveston at the security and every time coming on the ship they had you open already opened water bottles so they could smell if there was alcohol in them.

This is too disgusting...if anyone puts their nose near my bottles of labeled...zephyrhills... water, I will not be drinking from it...and the company and the ACLU will hear from me.

This is too disgusting...if anyone puts their nose near my bottles of labeled...zephyrhills... water, I will not be drinking from it...and the company and the ACLU will hear from me.

I think you are being a bit silly. If you read the posts on CC regarding alcohol, you will see a number of people gloating over how they smuggled alcohol in water bottles, mouthwash bottles etc. The cruiseline told you no alcohol, but people, not necessarily you, still insist upon bringing it onboard.

My suggestion to you if you are concerned that they might look/sniff one of your bottles, don't have an open one when you are boarding. I'd rather they checked than have young kids bringing on vodka in a water bottle. That's JMO.

Katie

SERVING MAJOR PORTS & RESORTS

PO Box 770473, Coral Springs, Fl 33077-0473

1991 NW 55th Avenue, Margate, Fl 33063

954-582-0811 voice / 954-582-0523 fax

800-882-9707 voice/ 800-424-9706 fax

justbecausecorp@aol.com

PAGE 1 OF 2

Following is a “Basic” list of products we offer. All our baskets are custom made, so if you are looking for something “Special” we can usually create just the gift you’re looking for!

All gifts are decorated in a most impressive presentation….Our job is to make You look good! Any item listed below can be decorated for any special occasion, Let us know of the celebration when placing your order!

Miami All Other

ITEM Ft Lauderdale Ports *

HOUSE WINES & SPARKLING WINES

Port prices vary

White Zinfandel …………………………………………

15.00 & up

Chardonnay …………………………………………...

16.00 & up

Merlot ………………………………………………

16.00 & up

Shiraz …………………………………………………

16.00 & up

Pinot Grigio …………………………………………

19.00 & up

Extra dry or Brut Sparklng or Spumante …………

18.00 & up

Asti Spumante ……………………………………

22.00 & up

Spanish Cava ………………………………………

18.00 & up

Domaine St. Michelle ………………………………

25.00 & up

OTHER WINES & WINERIES ARE AVAILABLE, PLEASE CHECK FOR AVAILABILITY & PRICES

Non-alcoholic Beverages

Sparkling cider …………………………………………...

12 pack soft drinks / soda ………………………………

12.00 & up

6 pack soft drinks / soda ………………………………

Non-alcohol wines (i.e. Sutter Home Fre) …………

13.00 & up

15.00 & up

WE CARRY MANY OTHER NON-ALCOHOLIC GIFTS!

WINE, CHAMPAGNE & BEER BASKETS

Wine & Gourmet ………………………………………

20.00 & up

30.00 & up

“Bon Voyage” Basket (Champagne) ………………

20.00 & up

30.00 & up

Mimosas for Two ………………………………………

25.00 & up

35.00 & up

Beer & Snack Bucket ………………………

20.00 & up

30.00 & up

ALL BASKETS ARE CUSTOM CREATED, LET US CREATE ONE ESPECIALLY FOR YOU!

GOURMET & CANDY

Gourmet Snack Basket ………………………………

15.00 & up

Deluxe Gourmet Food Basket ……………………

30.00 & up

35.00 & up

Sodas & snacks ……………………………………

15.00 & up

20.00 & up

Candy Baskets ……………………………………

15.00 & up

20.00 & up

Deluxe Chocolates ………………………………

IF YOU DON’T SEE WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR…. CALL US & WE’LL DO IT

“JUST FOR YOU!”

PAGE 1 OF 2

Page 2 of 2 Just Because of You

Product List

800-882-9707 voice / 800-424-9706 fax

justbecausecorp@aol.com

Miami All Other

ITEM Ft Lauderdale Ports *

JUST FOR KIDS

“Brat Pack” ……………………………………

15.00 & up

20.00 & up

Soft drinks or Juices or combo & snacks …………

15.00 & up

20.00 & up

Let us know the age & gender of the child/children and we’ll customize a gift just for them!

FLOWERS

Tropical Flower Arrangements …………………

20.00 & up

30.00 & up

Champagne or Wine in a

Tropical Flower Arrangements ……………………

35.00 & up

45.00 & up

Dozen Roses arranged in a Vase …………………

55.00 & up

Half Dozen Roses arranged in a Vase ……………

30.00 & up

Wine or Champagne & 12 Roses

arranged in a Basket ………………………………

75.00 & up

FLOWERS AVAILABLE FOR WEDDINGS, ANNIVERSARYS & MOST SPECIAL EVENTS!

*PORTS INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO:

Port Canaveral, Tampa, San Juan, Galveston, New York, Los Angeles (San Pedro), San Diego,

San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver, Seward AS, Whittier AS, Hawaii (Oahu & Maui, see below)

Check with us on Port availability, we’ll always let you know where you can get the best deal!

Not all items are available in all ports.

Hawaii-Local laws do not allow us delivery of alcoholic beverages, We offer beautiful “Native Baskets” filled with local treats and of course, Tropical Flower Arrangements direct from where they’re grown!!!

Many ports offer specialized gifts that include local treats and items. Alaska, Vancouver, San Juan & Hawaii are just a few

LIQOURS AND SPIRITS AVAILABLE IN SOME PORTS, Check with us at 800-882-9707

LAST MINUTE ORDERS ACCEPTED!!! (No late fees!!!!)

ALL ORDERS ARE GUARENTEED! Non-received items must be reported with fifteen (15) days of passenger return. We are not responsible for unreported cabin changes before or after ship sails or wrong ship information.

Prices do not include cruise line receiving fees per gift or Florida sales tax & transfer fees of 6%. Standard delivery charges apply to other destinations (land properties).

GOT A GROUP??????

CALL US AND WE WILL WORK WITH YOU ON GROUP PRICES

We are currently celebrating our 15th year of serving the travel industry! And as we all have seen so many changes occur, we have made it our mission to have your clients coming back to you over & over and let them know how special they are to you by giving them the best gifts at prices that are affordable!

We always look forward to hearing from you….Just Because!

800-882-9707 voice * 800-424-9706 fax *justbecausecorp@aol.com email

I've heard that RCCL will allow this company to deliver alcohol to the ship. You may want to call them firs though.

countdown.pl?name=rdbrableyjr&date=12-16-2007&image=Beach-10&text=Countdown to Bliss&ship=Mariner of the Seas

I think you are being a bit silly. If you read the posts on CC regarding alcohol, you will see a number of people gloating over how they smuggled alcohol in water bottles, mouthwash bottles etc. The cruiseline told you no alcohol, but people, not necessarily you, still insist upon bringing it onboard.

My suggestion to you if you are concerned that they might look/sniff one of your bottles, don't have an open one when you are boarding. I'd rather they checked than have young kids bringing on vodka in a water bottle. That's JMO.

Katie

I guess one person's "silly" is another's creep out over nose germs. My reply will be...if you sniff it...you can have it. I always have an opened bottle of water with me...that I'm drinking from...especially living in Florida.

I really wonder if they are "profiling" ... who gets the more intense searches...

I guess one person's "silly" is another's creep out over nose germs. My reply will be...if you sniff it...you can have it. I always have an opened bottle of water with me...that I'm drinking from...especially living in Florida.

I really wonder if they are "profiling" ... who gets the more intense searches...

This is one of those "if you're used to it, you don't mind it" type situations.

I tend to go to a number of pro-football games, as well as concerts. I'm used to the physical patdowns, remove the hat, sniff the open bottle type of stuff. I've found, especially by people that don't tend to go to these events often, are quite offended by some of these actions. Many places don't even allow an opened bottle to be brought in. If that's all it is, it shouldn't be too hard of an inconvenience to finish an open bottle, or purchase a new bottle and not opening it, prior to boarding.

Which brings me to my next point...why bother with the ACLU? I don't recall having an open bottle of water with you a civil liberty, or a right. And if you're on most cruises, it's not an American boat, or on an American island. Thus, the ACLU doesn't have jurisdiction to really fight on your behalf. Having an open bottle of water is nothing more than a convenience, and businesses have the right to ban outside food and beverages.

Hi all. My husband and I are first-time cruisers and we'll be sailing on the inaugural cruise of Liberty of the Seas for a belated honeymoon. I have seen a few things mentioned on Cruise Critic regarding alcohol packages and was hoping you could provide me with more information so we know what to ask for and where to purchase it while we're on the ship.:confused: Also, I saw a posting about ordering gift baskets to be sent to yourself upon boarding and was wondering if anyone had personal experience with those.:cool:

We're not lushes, but we're in our late twenties and want to enjoy ourselves on our honeymoon without getting totally ripped off where alcohol is concerned. Thanks for the help!! :rolleyes:

I'm also in my 20's. While the gift baskets are good ideas, RCI does not overcharge on drinks, in my opinion. We drink ALOT while on a cruise and don't usually have a huge bar bill. They definitely don't charge as much as they COULD....a captain and coke is about $4.50, with tip included, which isn't too bad considering you are at the mercy of them. Foo foo drinks are obviously more, but if you don't drink 10 martinis and daquiries each day you most likely wont feel ripped off. Also, in most ports you can drink for cheap if ya know where to go. I'm not knocking the gift baskets at all, but I'm just saying if that DOESN'T work out, you won't be completely taken for by RCI as far as alcohol is concerned.

Good luck!

Laura

Just got back from the Rhapsody and they are definitely looking for alcohol now. In galveston at the security and every time coming on the ship they had you open already opened water bottles so they could smell if there was alcohol in them.

That's unsanitary to have someone stick their nose on your bottle.

I agree. Just as one should not keep their toothbrush next to the commode to prevent contamination from microscopic fecal material that becomes airborne after flushing, neither would I tolerate having someone's microscopic dried nasal mucus becoming part of my beverage. That's right up there with having someone sneeze in your face, IMO--ugh.

So I have to ask, what do you do if you are coming off one cruise (with alcohol you bought on the ship) and going on another (different ship)? This will be an issue I will have to deal with next month. Can't say if I will buy anything, but you never know. I know about the customs issue, but do you simply turn over the alcohol after you get on the ship? I will put a note with the alcohol in my suitcase, but I dan't want to be kicked off the ship either for breaking the rules!

We cruised in December, and didn't have any problems with the wine we brought onto the ship; anyone know when these new rules went into effect?

Thanks for your input.

Suzi

I agree... I have never seen this happen before, and quite honestly if it ever happened to me, I would just give them the bottle!! No way am I drinking it after someone stinks their nose in it! Gross!!

And there has to be a better way of doing it... I mean with all the efforts to stop the spread of viruses (hand sanitizing gels all over the ships, etc.), you would think that they wouldnt have security checking things that way!!

I agree. Just as one should not keep their toothbrush next to the commode to prevent contamination from microscopic fecal material that becomes airborne after flushing, neither would I tolerate having someone's microscopic dried nasal mucus becoming part of my beverage. That's right up there with having someone sneeze in your face, IMO--ugh.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is gross...

and the ACLU comment was firmly "tongue in cheek"...given the litigious times we live in. ;)

The ACLU ??? Give me a break...

:cool:

LL

I agree... I have never seen this happen before, and quite honestly if it ever happened to me, I would just give them the bottle!! No way am I drinking it after someone stinks their nose in it! Gross!!

And there has to be a better way of doing it... I mean with all the efforts to stop the spread of viruses (hand sanitizing gels all over the ships, etc.), you would think that they wouldnt have security checking things that way!!

They are only checking OPEN BOTTLES. If your bottle is sealed, they won't unscrew it and stick their "disgusting microscopic nasal mucus" anywhere near your precious bottles.

If you are not willing to throw out one friggin' sixteen cent bottle of water, you have problems not related to cruising or security.

They are only checking OPEN BOTTLES. If your bottle is sealed, they won't unscrew it and stick their "disgusting microscopic nasal mucus" anywhere near your precious bottles.

If you are not willing to throw out one friggin' sixteen cent bottle of water, you have problems not related to cruising or security.

Probably many, but hey, I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't have ANY hang-ups about anything, ever... ;)

I frequently carry a water bottle to drink from with me, and yes, it would certainly go directly into the trash if someone placed their nose above it to smell for alcohol--no problem (never claimed it was encrusted with diamonds or anything! :D). Glad the prospect of drinking someone else's 'boogies' doesn't gross you out at all, but probably not much does as you are a teacher, right? (many microbiologists I know 'affectionately' refer to children as "walking germbags" ;) ).

I worked in disease control/prevention methods for several years (and also in the food industry before grad school), and believe me, I wish I didn't know some of the things I now do--My tolerance level for that sort of thing might be a lot higher than it is, and I would likely have my husband take me out to dinner much more than he already does...:)

Probably many, but hey, I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't have ANY hang-ups about anything, ever...

I frequently carry a water bottle to drink from with me, and yes, it would certainly go directly into the trash if someone placed their nose above it to smell for alcohol--no problem (never claimed it was encrusted with diamonds or anything! :D). Glad the prospect of drinking someone else's 'boogies' doesn't gross you out at all, but probably not much does as you are a teacher, right? (many microbiologists I know 'affectionately' refer to children as "walking germbags" ;) ).

Just a few clarifications, crb, since we now seem to be on the same wavelength. :D :D

The correct term is "boogers".

The technical term is "walking germ factories".

Here in Philadelphia, we have a wonderful facility, the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Everyone calls it CHOP.

Doctors at this hospital get sick from the kids so often that this disease is known as "CHOP ROT".

You would think that since I teach in a middle/high school, not an elementary school, the danger would be less, and the students would be more conscientious about personal hygiene.

You would be wrong. :rolleyes:

Just a few clarifications, crb, since we now seem to be on the same wavelength. :D :D

The correct term is "boogers".

The technical term is "walking germ factories".

Here in Philadelphia, we have a wonderful facility, the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Everyone calls it CHOP.

Doctors at this hospital get sick from the kids so often that this disease is known as "CHOP ROT".

You would think that since I teach in a middle/high school, the danger would be less, and the students would be more conscientious about personal hygiene.

You would be wrong. :rolleyes:

LOL

Personally, I think they should hand out water bottles filled with tequila (or rum, vodka...a variety would be nice) as we board (strictly as a sanitary measure, of course. Sheesh, don't they care about protecting their passengers from norovirus...? :D ).

Archived