What to do near Disney in the late afternoon & evening?

We are driving into the LA area on Saturday before our Monday cruise on the Monarch. We will get there in the mid-afternoon and will be checking into a Holiday Inn near Disneyland. We plan to spend Sunday at Disneyland.

Do any of you have any suggestions on what we can do in the late afternoon & evening? Can you get just an evening pass for Disney? Or are there any other nice places to go where we can have a nice dinner or any other sight s to see for just a few hours? Thanks!:)

So many options here...

It also depends on what you want, need, or are looking to do...

#1 Will you have a car? (rental) or not?

#2 Have you looked into the 2 day park hopper pass that lets you bounce between Disneyland and California Adventure (could be worth it for the day and a half)?

#3 There are so many other options available, depending on what you really are looking for...

Knott's Berry Farm (for the afternoon/evening, or just the restaurants)

Medieval Times?

Pirates Adventure?

Wax Museum?

Downtown Disney?

Local restaurants?

Etc., etc., etc....

A little more details please...

CJW

Thanks for the reply! I'm sorry I wasn't more specific. We would like to go out to a dinner and see then do something entertaining, like Disney. We are two adults in our 50's, but I loved Disney World when I was there! We will have a car.

I did not know about the 2 day park hopper pass, so that is an option. DH was thinking about Downtown Disney as he was there once before. I guess I don't know what that is all about. He just says "it has restaurants". I like to shop, but am not into the high end glitzy clothing type of shopping while on vacation. I would gueass that the evening at Disney would be my first choice right now. I will look into Knotts Berry Farm, also.:D

We really enjoyed the Medievel Times dinner show, they will provide transportation also for an extra fee, if you don't have a rental.

Also if you don't wnat to pay for an extra Disneyland day, then you could just go to Downtown Disney, which is outside the park but has lots of shops and restaurants, my kids and husband enjoyed the ESPN zone and dinner at the Rain Forest cafe is always fun!

Thanks! Right now I'm leaning towards the Downtown Disney or Knotts Berry Farm for dinner. Fried chicken is a favorite of mine. Yum!;) Does anyone know if there is an admission charge to just go to the restaurant & shops at Knott's Berry Farm? We wouldn't be interested in any wild rides...especially after eating fried chicken!:eek:

Thanks! Right now I'm leaning towards the Downtown Disney or Knotts Berry Farm for dinner. Fried chicken is a favorite of mine. Yum!;) Does anyone know if there is an admission charge to just go to the restaurant & shops at Knott's Berry Farm? We wouldn't be interested in any wild rides...especially after eating fried chicken!:eek:

As said before...

Just parking...

Then you can go to the restaurant, and all of these shops (link below)

http://www.knotts.com/camplace/shop.shtml

Which are all kind of right at the front walk area...

You would probably enjoy that, or Downtown Disney...

Restaurants and shops there (you could get your Disney shopping done on that day)...

I personally like the House of Blues or the Jazz/New Orleans place for dinner there...

CJW

PS Please be sure to give us a review or report of what you did when you get back!

Enjoy!

Archived