Shows on Alaskan Cruises??

GATOR MOM

Does anyone know what Theater Shows they have on Alaskan cruises? Since many cruises do not leave Alaskan ports til late at night...how do they manage to have ship shows? I really don't care if I miss a show...I tend to sleep thru them anyway:p ...just wonder what kind of schedule or if they even have shows at all:confused:

our cruise had regular show schedules, most nights 2 song/dance shows. when those didn't go on, the magician or another act did. we managed 2 shows out of 7 nights..some of the family managed 3! too many other things to do.

Well, being a Theatrical Stage Manager for national Broadway tours I have to at least check out the talent and see what level the show is on HAL. I will also be in the piano bar trying to get that NYC Greenwich Village feeling. You never know in my business when I may be trying to get a job (or even have one offered without asking:D ) on the cruise ships. So it's always good to see what I may be required to oversee.:rolleyes:

The shows listed on the daily activities guide on our Alaska cruises were much like what I've seen listed and attended on a Caribbean cruise. Both early and late shows. We didn't attend even one of the musical shows onboard while in Alaska We had friends who enjoyed a couple of shows as part of their cruiseship experience.

Some days 'talks and lectures' in the show lounges will be offered by the naturalist (if the cruiseline has one) or by NP rangers. Those are worth seeing, my opinion, because it enhances the whole Alaskan adventure.

If you attend a show or one of the talks, and find it dull, don't hesitate to get up and leave. I have left one ranger talk which was putting me to sleep, the ranger just wasn't a good public speaker. Although I prefer to be mannerly, time in Alaska is just too precious to not enjoy every moment possible.:)

On our HAL cruise in Alaska the shows were the WORST attended I have ever seen on a cruise ship! DH and I went to them most nights. We felt sorry for the poor kids doing the performing in the Musical numbers as there were so few there to watch!

Archived