NO Restaurant Questions & $$ Saving Coupons

MizzouMary

Has anyone eaten the breakfast buffet at the Holiday Inn Downtown (on 330 Loyola Ave.)? I found a buy-one-get-one-free coupon at the below link so it would only end up costing around $10 with a tip for two. There are also some other great coupons you might like.

http://g.notmc.com/g/COUPONS.PDF

We are thinking about eating at Mother's for breakfast while in NO. We have eaten there once before a couple of years ago, but I was not that impressed with the food. I have heard the locals don't eat there much anymore and that it has gone down hill a bit. However, it has a really neat New Orleans ambiance about it and we are taking a couple who have never been there, so I guess it would be worth the trip. Has anyone eaten there lately.

How about the Crescent City Brewhouse on Decatur?

http://www.crescentcitybrewhouse.com/index.html

Has anyone tried this restaurant. There is also a BOGOF coupon included in the above link.

How about the New Orleans Hamburger and Seafood Company?

Also, where is the best place to get a shrimp po'boy in Metairie and New Orleans?

Thanks for your help!!

There are far better options elsewhere. At the Brewhouse with the coupon the meal will be about the same as some excellent resturants elsewhere. There are many excellent local resturants that offer much more than your listed options. My opinion only. Mother's is worse than ever and I doubt I will return. It is no way in comparism to what it was even 5 years ago. My last trip in Dec. was at best so-so. You might want to also consider the Good times guide coupons. Has a big selection but mostly a free drink etc that doesn't make the coupon a big offer. For hamburgers- can't be beat is the Clover Grill way down on Bourbon- 10 block, I believe??

My last meal at Mother's was about a year ago, and it was definitely my LAST meal there. They just don't put the effort into food or service anymore, IMO.

For what I consider the best po-boys, I go to Pontalba Cafe - right on the edge of Jackson Square. If you're standing directly in front of St. Louis Cathedral steps, look to your left and there it is. Great people-watching spot, as well, as the big doors are open to the Square.

Being a native, I'll tell you - it's hard not to find a good po-boy most anywhere, BUT Maspero's has the worst in the city, I ga-ron-teeee, so be warned.;)

Archived