Inside Guarantee...Pearl

atljoo

Last week we booked 2 I/S guarantees on the Mar 30 07 sailing of the Pearl. No cabin assignment yet, but PCC said no I/Ss are available and we may get O/S or better instead. Anyone had this experience? What did you get?

Thanks in advance.

We booked last minute :p(2 weeks before sailing) on the Dream. 1 Triple and 3 Dbls. We have 9 traveling. We got a cabin number on the triple right then, but the dbls. were Gty for the lowest "Sale" rate posted. Were told we probably wouldn't get cabin assignments on the 3 dbls. until we arrived to sail. :confused: Well we leave Saturday & everyday when I checked it just showed Gty next to cabin. Last night when I checked ... to my delight:), we had cabin numbers - instead of being Inside at the bottom of the ship, we are all outside with windows, on the same deck, even the same hall! Gty doesn't always mean upgrade, but, we sure are happy! We drive to Houston tomorrow night, and then 7 days of Rest & Relaxation (:cool: well as much as 4 parents can get with 5 teenagers!). Happy sailing!

Just because there are no insides showing doesn't mean an upgrade. Sometimes they upgrade people who booked early from inside to oceanview and then put the guarantees in those inside cabins. I always tell people if you want an oceanview/balcony book an oceanview/balcony, a guarantee doesn't mean an automatic upgrade.

This was a few years ago but we booked an inside guarantee on the Sun. Our travel agent told us that we would not get an outside but we did. It was a handicap room with a picture window in a very convenient location.

We booked two inside guarantee cabins for the Pearl on May 6th a month ago, and we were given our stateroom numbers two weeks ago.

Both rooms were bumped up 5 categories (to Deck 9)...but not good enough for window rooms. Maybe next time...

Archived