I Am Back From The Freedom!!!!

patry

Let Me Start By Saying This Is Just A Small Note Since Iam Still In Miami Flying Today For My Country...freedom Best Ship I Have Sailed!! We Were A Party Of 18 Friends In Our 30's We Came From Colombia. It Was The Best Trip, We Had The Best Time. I Have A Lot To Comment And I'll Try Tonigth To Do It. Lots Of Pictures, Recomendations And A An Incident With One Of The Crew Members.. So Please Be Patience And In Anticipation Sorry For My Spelling Errors...

Let Me Start By Saying This Is Just A Small Note Since Iam Still In Miami Flying Today For My Country...freedom Best Ship I Have Sailed!! We Were A Party Of 18 Friends In Our 30's We Came From Colombia. It Was The Best Trip, We Had The Best Time. I Have A Lot To Comment And I'll Try Tonigth To Do It. Lots Of Pictures, Recomendations And A An Incident With One Of The Crew Members.. So Please Be Patience And In Anticipation Sorry For My Spelling Errors...

Patry-We thought the Freedom was the best ship & cruise we took as well....I don't know how anyone could say they didn't like the Freedom-she 's SOOOO beautiful with so much to do.....my wife is from Peru and this November we are taking her sister & husband on the the Freedom's sister,Liberty Of The Seas for their first cruise ever..her sister is coming from Peru to join us and after watching our Freedom video,they are so excited......did you spend alot of time in Boleros? We did (needless to say)...their Salsa/Merengue band were great........Saludos!!

Alan

Embarkation: Soomthly By 11:30 We Were On The Ship. Rooms Weren't Ready Until 1:00 Pm. My First Impression Beautiful Similar But Bigger Than Voyager Class.

Us: We Are A Group Of 18 Coming All The Way From Colombia.all Couples In Our 30's,and 40's Yes We Are Loud, Happy Peolpe..later You Will Understand Why I Am Stating This..

The Trip: Was Everything I Imagine And More. As You Can Imagine 9 Couples Traveling Together Is A Lot Of Fun.lets Star By Saying Interior Room Was My Fisrt Time Since The Other Were Oview And Balcony.the Room Was Very Small And Dark, By Day 3 We Had A Doctor Friend That Works At Rci And Could Help Upgrade Free Of Charge To An Oview. Second Floor But I Really Need The Sunligth.

Our Waiter Was Yamal The Best He Really Made A Difference In Our Trip.the Tables Next To Each Other Since We Were Too Large Group.the Food In The Dinner Room Ecellent Except Wensday Surf Nigth Not As Good.shows Were Great A Must See Is The Ice Show And The Once Upon A Time...

The Place We Hang The Most Boleros..excellent Music Great Band.

The Pool Were The Band Played Was Another Place We Hang Out Alot.

Flowrider Is Awsome. I Didn't Tried But All The Guys In Our Group Tried It. A Tip Of Advice Don't Wait For Last Day Because Is Jammed And Usually Last Days Is Always Windy And Chilly.

H2o Ecxellent Idea, Made Me Sad Because Of My Daugthers Back Home, But We Made A Promise To Bring Them Soon.

Boxring Saw It But Never Saw Anyone Used It.gym Good Used It Once.the Spa Good Used It Once.

Parades Good But I Like The Ones In Navigator More. Best Place Is The First Day By Ben And Jerrys And The Last Day By The Pizza.

The Incident That I Told You Was That We Were Always Together Laughing And Dancing And Yes I Recognize That We Wer Some Times Louder That Other People But Not Like Teenagers Or Spring Brakers. And We Have Some Guy From Security Manager Going To Boleros Were The Band Wasn't Playing Just The Music And These Guy Came And Turn It Off At 9 Pm Saying That We Put The Volume Up And That Place Was Not A Disco But A Lounge. He Was Very Rude We Felt Treaeted Badly Even The Two Waitres That Were There Came To Us Saying Thet He Reacted Badly That E Nned To Call His Supervisor , He Came We Explained And He Apologize In Behalve Of Rci. But This Guy Follws Us To Another Bar And Just Starting Stering At Us. It Was A Very Akward Situation . We All Wrote Letters To Rci, And They Apologize Saying That They Were Going To Reprend Him. Well That Didn't Ruin Our Moods But It Was Disturbing.

Well Tomorrow Ill Finished With More..feel Free To Ask Me Questions..

Patry-We thought the Freedom was the best ship & cruise we took as well....I don't know how anyone could say they didn't like the Freedom-she 's SOOOO beautiful with so much to do.....my wife is from Peru and this November we are taking her sister & husband on the the Freedom's sister,Liberty Of The Seas for their first cruise ever..her sister is coming from Peru to join us and after watching our Freedom video,they are so excited......did you spend alot of time in Boleros? We did (needless to say)...their Salsa/Merengue band were great........Saludos!!

Alan

ALAN ALL NIGTHS WE WENT TO BOLEROS IT WAS THE BEST. AND I LOVED FREEDOM AND IAM LOOKING FORWARD IN TAKING MY DAUGTHERS!!!HASTA LUEGO!!!

continuing with my trip report....

YES THE 9 GUYS SMUGGLED ALCHOLO NO PROBLEM, BUT WE DID SEE ALOT OF POELPE WATHCHING AROUND MAYBE IS PARANOID I MEAN WHILE ON BOARD..THEY PUT THE LIQUOR IN SMALL SILVER LIQUOR BOTTLES AND THEY WENT TO HE BATHROOM TO MAKE REFILLS..

PORTS: COZUMEL: THIS WAS MY SECOND TIME IN COZUMEL LAST TIME WE WENT TO PLAYA MIA AND HAD A BLAST, SO MY FRIENDS WANTED TO GO AGAING. SO WE WENT IT WAS A RIP OFF THE FOOD WAS NACHOS AND TORTILLAS THE DRINKS WEREN'T THAT GOOD, THE MUSIC WAS SLOW NO PARTY LIKE LAST TIME...TO US WE AREN'T GOING BACK.

GRAND CAYMAND: THE BEST WOUW!!!!!!WE RENTED A SAILBOAT(THE ONE THAT GOES WITH THE WIND) SO IT WAS THE 18 OF US!!IT WAS THE BEST IDEA,CHEAPER AND HAD A BLAST.NEIL THE SAILOR WAS EXECELLENT.HE HAD BEER,SODAS AND FRUITS FOR US.WE WENT TO SEE AND SNORKLE WITH THE STRINGS ANIMAL(FORGET THE NAME) BUT HE DIDN'T TOOK US TO SANDBAR BUT TO ANOTHER PLACE JUST TO S WE SWAM,FEED THEM PET THEM IT WAS GREAT, AND BOY WERE WE GLAD SINCE WE FOUND OUT LATER THAT SINCE THERE WERE 8 SHIPS THAT DAY AND THEY CANCELLED ALOT OF EXCURSIONS THAT DAY. THESE EXCURSION WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF OUR TRIP WE HAD A BLAST...

JAMAICA:WE WENT TO DOCTORS COVE EXCELENT BEACH.

LABADEE: THE BEST, I ALWAYS HAVE LOVE LABADEE...GREAT BEACH, LOTS TO DO.OR JUST FOR REALX..

THE CREW: THIS IS THE FIRST TIME A CRUISE DIRECTOR MADE A DIFFRENCEIN OUR TRIP. HE WAS VERY GOOD ATTENTIVE, FUNNY..HE ALWAYS CALLED HEY COLOMBIA EVERYTIME HE SAW US!!!

OUR WAITRESS WAS EXCELLENT HE GAVE US ALOT OF FOOD, ALWAYS HAS EVERYTHING WE LIKE READY FOR US...ON THE OTHER HAND WE SPOKE TO ALOT OF CREW MEMBERS AND IT SEEMS THEY ARE NOT HAPPY LOUSY SALARY AND INSANE WORK HOURS....

WELLL ILL FINISHED UP LATER..NEED TOOPEN MY BAGS!!!AND WILL GET TO YOU GUYS LATER WITH PICTURES!!!ASK QUESTIONS!!!

Patry...nice review and very good communication attempt!

What time did you finally arrive into Grand Cayman on the tender?

What didn't you like about the surf dinner in the dining room on Wednesday?

Thank you.

I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading your review as your English is charming :) . It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Was the Cruise Director Richard Spacey? We had him last year on the Adventure and loved him. I heard he was now on the Freedom.

thanks!!no the cruise director was kevin rush(i think he is a bold guy)

HERE I GO AGAING...

WHAT WE DID IN RESUME ON THE 7 DAYS

DAY ONE:WE LOOK AROUND AND GET TO KNOW THE SHIP.WE WENT TO DINNER, THEN WE SAW THE PARADES, WE WENT TO BOLEROS, AND WENT TO SLEEP..

DAY TWO (AT SEA): AT 9:00 I WENT TO FIND CHAIRS AND IT WAS ALL TAKEN BY PEOPLE WHO LEFT TOWELS AND CAME BACK LATER..SO I FOUND 4 CHAIRS AND DID THE SAME THING(CHAIRHUGGER???)THEN I WENT TO GET A MANICURE,AND GOT BREAKFAST AND WENT TO THE POOL,WE HAD A BLAST GETTING TAN, DRINKING COKTAILS, MY BROTHER IN LAW PARTICIPATED IN THE BELLY FLOP AND CAME SECOND PLACE!!!THE POOL WAS TOO COLD AND THE JACUZZIS WERE TOO HOT:confused: THE BAND THAT PLAYED WERE VERY GOOD.TIP OF ADVICE THE DRINK OF THE DAY COMES IN 2 PRESENTATIONS IN A PLASTIC CUP OR A GLASS ONE(YOU CAN KEEP EITHER ONE)BUT YOU CAN ASKED THAT YOU WANTED IN A COVER GLASS WITH RCI LOGO AND YOU CAN PUT PICTURES ON IT)THAT NIGTH WAS FORMAL NIGTH, SOMETHING THAT I NOTICED IS THAT ON THIS SHIP PEOPLE WERE MORE "KIUTER"BY DREESING AND USED NICER CLOTHES THAT IN ALL MY OTHER TRIPS, AND THAT THE PASSANGERS WERE YOUNG COUPLESIN THEIR 30"S THAN OTHER SHIPS....WE WENT AFTER DINNER TO SEE A SHOW AND THEN TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH I GOT A LITTLE DRUNK SO I WENT TO SLEEP THE OTHERS WENT AGAING TO BOLEROS..ANOTHER THING IS THAT I DON'T LIKE THE CRYPT, THE MUSIC WAS DULL(SORRY IF I HURT SOMEONE).....ILL CONTINUE TOMORROW SORRY IF I MAKING THESE TOO LONG!!!!

Hola!!!

Day 3:cozumel..well Like I Told You Guys Before We Went Againg To Playa Mia My Second Time,our Friends Insisted Since They Saw Our Pictures From Our Last Trip. We Tooke The All Inclusive, But We Wer Bombed Since The Food And The Party Wern't Like Last Trip.the Beach Is Still Great But The Food Was Very Bad...we Went Back To The Ship Had Lunch, Went To The Pool Were The Band From Boleros Was Singing So We Were Sooo Happy...dinner At Nigth And The 70' Parede Was Excellent!!peolpe Dancing ..the Village Peolpe Impersonators Was A Lot Of Fun!!!

Day 4:grand Caymand To Us It Was The Best Day,started With The Arrival Of One Of Our Friends That Couldn't Leave Colobia Since His Passport Was Expired So He Meet Us At Gcaymand...we Rented A Sailboat, Was The Best Of Ideas Had Great Time Saw Everything But In Our Time...did Some Shopping And Went Back To The Ship...some Tried The Flowrider Some Went To Rest And Some To The Pool..tip Of Advice Around 6:00 Pm Is A Good Time To Go The Flow Rider Few Peolpe...dinner And Boleros!!!!...

Later....

HOLA AGAING...

DAY 5 JAMAICA: WE DECIDED THAT WE WER GOING TO MARGARITA VILLAGE, BUT TO OUR SURPRISE IT DOSN'T HAVE A BEACH..JUST OCEAN..SO WE WALKED TO DOCTORS COVEA VERY NICE BEAH WERE YOU PAID $5 TO GET IN..TIP: SOME OF US PAID THE $5 SOME JUST WALKE THROUGH DIDN'T PAID ANYTHING..SOME OF OUR FRIENDS WENT TO A GROCERY STORE NEXT TO THE BEACH GOT SOME LIQUOR, AND THATS WHAT THEY DRINK...YOU CAN ORDER DRINKS AND FOOD FROM THERE..TO RENT UMBRELLA, CHAIRS AND MATTS YOU HAVE TO PAID $5 FOR EACH THING. WE HEADED BACK TO MARGARITAVILLAGE FOR HOUR AND THEN WENT BACK...TIP:WHEN YOU ARRIVE INTO THE PIER THER ALOT OF GUYS SAYING TAXIS TO DOWNTOWN(WHERE THE SHOPPING AND DOCTORCOVES IS LOCATED)IS NOT A TAXI BUT A BIG BUS FOR $4 PP.YOU HAVE TO WAIT HAT THE WHOLE BUS IS FILLED THEN THE BUS DRIVER ALWAYS WANT TO AKE TO ANOTHER BEACH(IS THAT APPARENTLY THEY RECIVE MONEY FOR EVERY TOURIST THEY TAKE THERE)AND THEY ALWAYS WANT TO "SELL" YOU A CITYTOUR...WE WENT IN ONE BUS AND ANOTHER FRIENDS TOOK ANOTHER AND THE SAME THING HAPPND TO THEM..YOU JUST LET THE BUSDRIVER THAT YOU WANTED TO GO TO DOCTORS COVE AND NOT ANOTHER PLACE...WHEN WE GOT TO THE SHIP IN THE POOL THE BAND WAS PLAYING REGEE MUSIC. THAT NIGTH WAS THE ICE SHOW IT WAS FABOLOUS!!!!!TIP: IN THE ICE SHOW TICKETS KEEP IT AFTER THE SHOW SINCE ON THE BACK OF THE TICKET THERE IS A PROMOTION FOR MOJITOS FOR THE NEXT NIGTH FOR A GLOW PARTY..AND GUESS AGAING BOLEROS AGAING!!!!RUMBA!!!!!

DAY 6:LABADEE...BEST BEACH!! BIG LINE TO GET OUT AND THEN TO GET INSIDE THE SHIP.FOOD AND DRINKS WERE GOOD,LOTS OF CHAIRS AND LOTS OF ACTIVITIES....TIP:IF YOU WANT TO RENT A MATT DO IT EARLY SINCE THEY RAN OF IT!!THAT NIGTH WAS HE CIRCUS PARADE AND ONCE UPON ATIME SHOW. THE SHOW WAS AWSOME A MUST!!!!THAT NIGTH WAS LOBSTER NIGTH, AND YES YOU CAN ASKED FOR MORE THAT ONE!!!

DAY 7:AT SEA..I HAVE ALWAYS NOTICE THAT AROUND THIS TIME OF THE YEAR WHEN RETURNING TO MIAMI IS WINDY AND CHILLY. WE FIRST WENT O AN APPOIMENT FOR BOOKING A NEXT CRUISE WE DID IT WITH $100 DEPOSIT PP AND WE GOT IN MONEY FOR USING IN OUR NEXT TRIP. WE SISN'T BOOKED A SPECIAL DAY OR CRUISE AND IT DOENSN'T EXPIRE...WE WENT TO DO ICE SKATING LOTS OF PEOPE AS EXPECTED!!!JOHNY ROCKETS PACKED!!!AND THE FLOWRIDER PACKED!!!!EVRYONE WAS DOING WHAT EVER THEY COULDN'T DO DURING THE WEEK, BUYING SOUVENIERS, BUYING THE PICTURES..ECT WE WENT FOR DINNER GAVE YAMAL OUR WAITERS A SHIRT FROM COLOBIA HE PUT IT IMMEDIATELY TOOKED PICTURES WE US AND WE ALL GAVE HIM A BIG LOUD APPLAUSE!!!!! I NOTICED THAT LOTS OF PEOPLE WENT TO BED EARLIER...

DISMBARK:WE WENT TO BREAKFAST AND AT 8:30 WE WERE OUT OF THE SHIP IT WAS FAST AND NO PROBLEM...

OVERVIEW: WE HAD A BLAST!!!THE SHIP IS AWSOME. I WANT TO TAKE MY DAUGTHERS SOON!!! I PREFER THE EASTERN ROUTE...THE FOOD IN THE DINNER ROOM WAS VERY GOOD.WITH ALL THE PEOLPE THAT IS IN THE SHIP IT NEVER FELTED CROWED.THE BEDDING WAS SUPER!!!WOULDN'T DO THE INSIDE ROOM AGAING I NEED THE SUN LIGTH.WOULD SMUGGLED ALCHOL AGAING AND WOULD BRING BOTTLED WATER AGAING..PLAYA MIA IN COZUMEL WOULDN'T GO AGAING!!!AND DON'T BUY THE BIG YARD DRINK IN MARGARTAVILLAGE $16 RIP OFF!!!!

TO ALL WHO HELP WITH QUESTIONS AND DOUBTS THANKS !!!SEE YOU CRUISING..IF ANY QUESTIONS GLAD TO HELP, I WILL POST MY PICTURES AS SOON AS I GOT THEM READY!!!

ADIOS SU AMIGA DE COLOMBIA!!!!!!

Archived