Valor Midnight Buffet

ElvisLover1

I have heard that there is a midnight buffet at which they have one of those wonderful chocolate fountains!! Can anyone verify this for me? I am sailing with my sister-in-law and she is a chocolate fanatic and this would make her very happy!! I don't want to tell her about it until I am sure as I would hate to entice her only to be disappointed.

But it isn't true. :( The midnight buffets aren't probably what you're imagining. It's more like a medium sized rectangular table with a few food and dessert choices. There however IS a chocolate fountain and an entire chocolate BUFFET on the last sea day.

Hope that helps to clear things up!

MamaParrotHead -

Thanks for the info. Don't care if it's at a midnight buffet or the last day at sea as long as there is one... she'll be thrilled!! I'm not big on the midnight buffet's anyway so it doesn't make much difference to me. I have to say though that we sailed with Costa ( also owned by Carnival Corp.) the last two years and they still have elaborate midnight buffet's every night of the cruise. I don't know of any other cruise line that is still doing that. When you sailed the Valor what was your itinerary? We are doing the Eastern Caribbean and I am looking for tips!! Thanks again for your quick response!

... is available about the Valor's Eastern itinerary. We just returned a couple of weeks ago ourselves. It's a wonderful ship & itinerary!

You'll find gobs of reviews & advice from the following sources:

Search this forum for "Valor Reviews"

Find the Roll Call for your specific cruise & join! This gives you an automatic support group as you get closer, and Closer, and CLOSER...

There's a lot of good reading at

www.cruiseclues.com (look at Ports of Call reviews and Carnival Valor reviews. You might also find a roll call there)

Click on my user name in this posting and read some of my recent postings - I've responded to a lot of Valor threads.

Have a wonderful time! I'm getting ready to book an 8-day Mexican Riviera cruise myself, so my own research begins!:)

I have heard that there is a midnight buffet at which they have one of those wonderful chocolate fountains!! Can anyone verify this for me? I am sailing with my sister-in-law and she is a chocolate fanatic and this would make her very happy!! I don't want to tell her about it until I am sure as I would hate to entice her only to be disappointed.

:D AT WHAT TIME DID YOU SAY THE MIDNIGHT BUFFET WAS????? :D

Click on the green link in my signature for pics.

Let's see...I don't know if you've booked/thought about excursions yet, but I can tell you what I did and what I would do different.

Nassau- did the Yellowbird excursion, it stunk. Also spent way too much time at the Straw Market, much of it was repetitive. Next time I'd cab it to Atlantis and poke around, maybe hit the beach there, and briefly stop at the Straw Market on the way back to the ship.

St. Thomas- did Godfrey's tour and LOVED every minute, the best $25 pp we spent on the whole trip. Did Sapphire beach, which was really nice. Dropped someone else in our party at Coki and wouldn't go there if you paid me. The only thing I'd do different was to not pay $7 for the nasty banana daiquiri on the Mountain Top, LOL.

St. Martin- did the "See & Sea" tour, which stunk. Spent more time on the bus than off of it.

Hung out on Deck 10 overlooking the Aft Pool and loved it. Never had a problem finding a chair, a drink or plenty of sunshine.

Try out the sushi and other food items you wouldn't normally pay to try at a land restaurant. Discovered I liked sushi and escargot on the Valor. :)

We hung out a lot at the Bronx Bar, very cool.

I'd also try out Scarlett's one night if I had to do it over again.

Any other questions? Be happy to help.

Click on the green link in my signature for pics.

Let's see...I don't know if you've booked/thought about excursions yet, but I can tell you what I did and what I would do different.

Nassau- did the Yellowbird excursion, it stunk. Also spent way too much time at the Straw Market, much of it was repetitive. Next time I'd cab it to Atlantis and poke around, maybe hit the beach there, and briefly stop at the Straw Market on the way back to the ship.

St. Thomas- did Godfrey's tour and LOVED every minute, the best $25 pp we spent on the whole trip. Did Sapphire beach, which was really nice. Dropped someone else in our party at Coki and wouldn't go there if you paid me. The only thing I'd do different was to not pay $7 for the nasty banana daiquiri on the Mountain Top, LOL.

St. Martin- did the "See & Sea" tour, which stunk. Spent more time on the bus than off of it.

Hung out on Deck 10 overlooking the Aft Pool and loved it. Never had a problem finding a chair, a drink or plenty of sunshine.

Try out the sushi and other food items you wouldn't normally pay to try at a land restaurant. Discovered I liked sushi and escargot on the Valor. :)

We hung out a lot at the Bronx Bar, very cool.

I'd also try out Scarlett's one night if I had to do it over again.

Any other questions? Be happy to help.

MamaParrotHead, I will be on the Eastern cruise on the Valor next month and I am doing pretty similar things you did on yours.

For Nassau, we will visit Nassau first and then the straw market.

St. Thomas, I am booked with Godfrey for the 2 hr shopping, 2 hr sapphire beach and the sightseeing. I cant wait.

St. Martin, I am in the process of booking with norushtours.com for our private tour.

From reading these boards, I have made a list of things to do on the boat and off the board. I am soooooo ready...all thanks to cruise critics members :D

We are going to eat at Scarletts,...I'll be sure to post a review upon my return

But it isn't true. :( The midnight buffets aren't probably what you're imagining.

You are so right, people build it up like it is something huge, i do admit it does look really good, but i haven't really found anything that tastes out of this world.

On the valor a few months ago, it was the smallest midnight buffet i have ever seen.

From what it looks like all the ships have the same reputation with the Midnight Buffet...I loved to look at how pretty it was and found it interesting that they let people in early to look and take pictures but could not eat yet...lol...DH and I got a bunch of food...he ate some and I tried some but liked nothing...I call him the human garbage can and he found the food to be not as good as expected...if I go again it would be just to look at the food because they do a nice job but not to eat it honestly.

From what it looks like all the ships have the same reputation with the Midnight Buffet...I loved to look at how pretty it was and found it interesting that they let people in early to look and take pictures but could not eat yet...lol...DH and I got a bunch of food...he ate some and I tried some but liked nothing...I call him the human garbage can and he found the food to be not as good as expected...if I go again it would be just to look at the food because they do a nice job but not to eat it honestly.

That's only held once per cruise. The daily midnight buffet is right outside the doors leading to the Prometheus (aft) Pool (between the grill and pizzaria) and they set it up right there (as I said, like 1 medium sized, maybe 4x6 foot table with 1 person on each end to serve it). Not a question of not letting people "in"...they just kind do it around everyone, throw a few fruit sculptures on the table and although the presentation is OK, it's nothing real spectacular.

Archived