Slide question

Robin & Dan

OK, we're looking at the Conquest in August and my 4 year old son goes nuts for big water slides. But he does not meet the minimum height requirement. Are they strict about it onboard or will they allow me to ride with him. It would be good to know long before we go if he won't be able to ride on it at all, so we can be prepared.

Thanks

They're strict about it.

they ARE strict, the Captain has seen some real bad scenes with misbehaving parents wanting their kids to go sliding, forcing Carnival to close down the slide for the day, to the disappointment of the other parents/kids

Too much laibility risk, if your kid gets hurt, who you gonna blame?

On all the cruises I have been on, every one, I have seen children too small for the slide turned away in tears. If there is one rule Carnival consistently enforces, this may be it. Just do yourself and your child a favor and don't send him or her up there to try to get away with it. It won't happen. And you'll spend the next hour wiping away tears.

I think it depends on who is working on the slide but to be honest with you I think I would rather not even put him through that. On the Miracle there was a 4 year old and one person let him on then someone else came out there to work the slide and he said no so the little boy wasn't allowed on anymore after that.

I don't know how it will be on the ship you are going on but I recall that the slide was all the way on the back of the ship when we sailed and had we not walked all the way over there we wouldn't have found it, actually I kept getting lost trying to find it to bring my daughter to it so if it's on the other side you can possibly avoid it completely!

There is no way they'd let you slide with him. They don't let you wear goggles or swimmies on the slide either. When we were on the Celebration our daughter was just big enough. Everytime the slide "guard" changed, they made a big deal out of measuring her. Most of them were nice about it, but some of them seemed a bit rude. I guess they don't like slide duty.

Our first cruise they turned my 5 year old away. Now(7 years later) my 4 year old saw pictures ofthe slide and went nuts. I told her they wouldn't let her and promised her that I would take her to the gift shop and buy her any toy she wanted to make it up to her when we go. She seemed really happy at that prospect. I plan on insulting the slide too and making it seem very unattractive just to help out a little LOL.

Our first cruise they turned my 5 year old away. Now(7 years later) my 4 year old saw pictures ofthe slide and went nuts. I told her they wouldn't let her and promised her that I would take her to the gift shop and buy her any toy she wanted to make it up to her when we go. She seemed really happy at that prospect. I plan on insulting the slide too and making it seem very unattractive just to help out a little LOL.

Here is the honest to goodness truth that might help a little....it's really not that great! Every single person that went down it said that they were getting stuck all the time and had to push themselves down, I don't think that it's slick enough to go down and that makes it harder, my 6 year old went down a few times and was not interested in going down any longer because it was too much work!

My youngest was turned away because of the height thing. The last cruise and the upcoming one is on the Spirit who'se slide is not in operation. So I guess it doesn't matter for me. Kids love the slides. We went to Atalantis and did the slides there. They were crazy slides. Wow.

My youngest was turned away because of the height thing. The last cruise and the upcoming one is on the Spirit who'se slide is not in operation. So I guess it doesn't matter for me. Kids love the slides. We went to Atalantis and did the slides there. They were crazy slides. Wow.

There's a suggestion for you. Do research on the islands your cruise will be visiting and see if there are any waterparks you will be able to visit. Much more variety and fun than the single ship's slide. :)

:confused: where did you get that information from???? :confused: On our Spirit cruise 2 weeks ago, the SLIDE was in operation, OK, short hours daily (but then they are all open short hours daily, not matter what ship you are on) and I think it was closed only like a day or 2, but I did see many kids and adults have a ball of a time there.

Happy cruising :)

are you sure he doesn't meet the height requirement? height requirements are lower for slide that don't drop you into the pool, even though the slide themselves are bigger. i'm not exactly sure what that requirement is, but i know that my 4 y/o had no trouble meeting the requirement on the victory, but had trouble as a 5 y/o meeting the requirement on fantasy. when we cruised a couple of mos later on elation, he made it.

Here is the facts from the Carnival website:

Are there any height requirements for Carnival's Twister Waterslide?spacer.gifCarnival's Twister waterslides that are on ships that run into a pool (Fantasy & Holiday class vessels) have a height requirement of 48” or 4 feet. This height is set by the manufacturer. It is set for the safety of the guest using the equipment.

Carnival's Twister waterslides that run off into itself (Destiny, Sprit, Conquest class vessels) have a height requirement of 42’ as they do not have a pool at the bottom to worry about.

Here is the facts from the Carnival website:

Are there any height requirements for Carnival's Twister Waterslide?spacer.gifCarnival's Twister waterslides that are on ships that run into a pool (Fantasy & Holiday class vessels) have a height requirement of 48” or 4 feet. This height is set by the manufacturer. It is set for the safety of the guest using the equipment.

Carnival's Twister waterslides that run off into itself (Destiny, Sprit, Conquest class vessels) have a height requirement of 42’ as they do not have a pool at the bottom to worry about.

that wld include the new triumph class vessels (triumph and the victory),which were originally categorized as destiny class vessels.

Archived