Confused...C&A

TMarie

I was on RCCL.com and looked at my cruise credits..it shows 3 COMPLETED CRUISE CREDITS...

does this mean i only need two more credits to become Platinum? Or the 3 that i originally thought?

I am confused because i have only taken two cruises through RCCL and they were both 7 day cruises in interior rooms...

We do have one cruise reservation too...

It sounds like you've been visited by the "cruise credit fairy"! :D

fairy_29609.gif

There have been a few posters who have said they received an extra credit for joining C&A on board... maybe that's what happened. You should only need two more credits for Platinum. :)

I don't know how they do their books, but they are in bad shape. It has taken 93 days to get cruise credits for a December cruise. It is wrong, they gave me one credit for a Junior Suite. They told me that it should be corrected by tomorrow. The phone clerk also told me to enjoy my upcoming five cruises I have reserved. I told him I didn't have five reserved. He told me not to worry about it, when I don't pay for them they will be taken off. That alone makes me wonder. I thought you had to up front some money when you reserve one. If the reservations are real, and I didn't put any money down, who did? Is there someone out there looking for there reservations?

There have been a few posters who have said they received an extra credit for joining C&A on board... maybe that's what happened. You should only need two more credits for Platinum. :)

We also received two credits after our first cruise (balcony on 6-night Radiance). I think we received an extra credit for joining C&A while on board.

I cruised RCCL last year. I just joined C&A prior to booking my cruise for this April. I contacted C&A to get credit for my previous cruise. They sent a welcome letter with my membership cards with gold status. When I signed in online, I was suprised to see I have platinum status. I viewed my past cruises they listed and there a 6 cruises I never took, going back to 2001.

When I leave in April, do I try to get the priority boarding and all the perks of platinum? Or do I assume that the letter I received is the info that is in their system and the platinum status on the site is just a fluke?

I received one mysterious credit a couple yrs ago, making me platinum after 4 cruises (1 balcony, 2 oceanview, 1 interior). I didn't argue!

I wrote to C&A last week about an issue on the 3/4/07 sailing of AOS (my husband and I did not get all the C&A benefits that should have been left in our cabin). Their solution to us not getting all our gifts was to make my husband a platinum member (he was gold w/3 credits!) Again.....I ain't arguing!!

Now if I can only get them to count the way my kids used to: "1...2...skip a few...10!" :p

Their solution to us not getting all our gifts was to make my husband a platinum member (he was gold w/3 credits!) Again.....I ain't arguing!!

This is actually standard procedure. Spouses are automatically elevated to the level of the highest member. As soon as my husband and I got married he was automatically bumped to my level, all I had to do was call and inform them we were married.

This wasn't anything extra they did for you. It actually should have happened right after you got married!

We are Platinum according to RCCL. However we have three additional cruises that are not showing up and we should be diamond. I contacted them and got an e-mail back telling me I needed to submit a copy of my SeaPass. Needless to say, I don't have it. I haven't gone back and stamped my foot. Have no idea if it would do any good.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Marti

We are Platinum according to RCCL. However we have three additional cruises that are not showing up and we should be diamond. I contacted them and got an e-mail back telling me I needed to submit a copy of my SeaPass. Needless to say, I don't have it. I haven't gone back and stamped my foot. Have no idea if it would do any good.

Marti

Yes. They told us we could submit photos with the ship. LOL We have them somewhere, but they are just plain ridiculous! No, it won't work to stamp your foot! Like anyone saves their seapasses! :)

Yes. They told us we could submit photos with the ship. LOL We have them somewhere, but they are just plain ridiculous! No, it won't work to stamp your foot! Like anyone saves their seapasses! :)

We still have all of ours.....! Seriously......momentos.....

We still have all of ours.....! Seriously......momentos.....

So do i...my DAD carried the one from his first cruise in his wallet for two years until our next cruise...i wonder if he is now carrying both of them?

I was afraid of that! Oh well--live and learn.

I would send them a letter with a copy of any proof like pictures or anything, that you have. If you booked with a TA, you should be able to get a copy of the invoice from them or maybe from your credit card company. I would not get upset, but I wouldn't just let it drop either. I have found that they are generally very flexible when they get the materials with documentation that is reasonable.

jc

I was missing cruises also. We were on an oldie, now retired, the Song of Noway. When I called, they were very nice, and asked for dates, and pictures. Some of you LOL at having pictures... how about all those endless on board photos with a date marked on the back? Our missing cruises elevated us to a diamond member, just by taking a few minutes (LOL) out of my day to look at photos. We started cruising with our little one when he was 2 yrs old. He is now 23... our status, gives him the same. Might be worth your while to check albums.

I tossed my first sign and sail cards, then after that I put them in the file folder that I have for each cruise. They have the receipts for all our cruises, hotels, etc. Doesn't anyone else save a folder of info? I never thought I was a pack rat, but maybe I am ....:rolleyes: I guess that file drawer IS getting pretty full ...

LOLOL, Actually, I save every sea pass card. My 5 year old son is a diamond (16 cruises) and you can bet that when he is older and complains that I never do anything for him, I'm gonna show him all the sea pass cards and pictures from his various cruises. I actually have them in a business card holder.

Marti

There was a thread about this several months ago. A Diamond member had her cruises disappear and end up on the account of another woman with the same name. They also told her that she needed all kinds of proof she didn't have, but she managed to talk with somebody in corporate who fixed the problem for her. Perhaps if you do a search you will find it.

We have Seapasses all over the house! Some day I will get organized and make some albums or something. Or scan them in and toss them.

Like the OP, I received an additional credit for my first cruise. Only I stayed in a JS for 7 nights and ended up with 3 cruise credits. I did join C&A on board. Then it only took on more cruise in a JS and we were platinum - that is after only 2 cruises.

I've never had an ungrade fairy visit but apparently the C&A fairy does pay some of us a visit after just one cruise.

Marti

I sent them the booking number for a cruise that was not credited and they then credited me.

Archived