:) Pictures & Review, Eli's Eco & Antigua!!

nh4

Friday- Antigua! (Antigua Adventure - Eli's Eco Tours)

(click link above for pics of Antigua and tour that we uploaded to webshots)

Antigua ended up being our favorite island, too bad Destiny is not going there starting 2008. We booked privately with Eli’s Eco Tours. Booking from home, we were given great instructions. We were waiting at the dock along with 6-8 others, and their boat pulled up right on time with hotel passengers already onboard. I believe there were 22 of us on board that day which was a comfortable number. Our captain was Francis, and the crew was Tony & Louis. Francis grew up on Antigua and did a great tour around the island. Unfortunately when we got to Bird island we had a couple of downpours before and after our hike (we had some free time to explore), but then the skies cleared for an absolutely beautiful day. We had a delicious lunch (chicken, pasta, salad, banana bread, juice, soda, etc...) docked at Bird Island, then toured around a bit before heading over to Hell’s Gate (while at Bird Island, they gave snorkeling instruction and review to those who wanted it). This was definitely one of the most beautiful places we've EVER been. We had the option of staying on board, swimming over and staying in the tidal pool area or climbing/hiking up and over the arch. The arch is sharp limestone, so it was a bit of a challenge trying to first bend through a small cave, climb up the rocks, over, and back down the other side without getting knicked- there were a few scraped knees and elbows in the group. Back onboard, we headed over to a snorkeling spot. It was a beautiful area, saw quite a few fish. One of our daughters saw a turtle on our ride back. They had equipment and life jackets available. Once snorkeling was done, out came the rum punch. I think I remember the recipe.... One part sour (lime), Two parts sweet (sugar), Three parts strong (rum), Four parts weak (water)... only Francis warned us to pace ourselves, as it was more like 8 parts strong. He was right.... let’s just say a couple of us laughed our way back to the ship and didn’t quite make formal dinner that night ;) Overall, one of the highlights of our week!

I'm glad you enjoyed my island. Although as a native I don't appreciate it sometimes I'm glad to hear when visitors come to our shore and enjoy themselves.:)

We LOVED Antigua and have already decided we are coming back to spend a week there next year :)

Before I tell you how great your review and pics are, I have to ask about the last picture:D . Exactly how many rum punches did your hubby have:eek: :D LMAO!

Y'all looked like you had an awesome time! I'm going on this excursion with my son in July. I'll have to take it easy on the rum unless I can talk my sister into going with me:D

Oh, I just have to tell you I think Brit and Francis make a cute pair. Maybe y'all can look him up when you go back for a week! How wonderful would that be to have a daughter on the island?:p

Before I tell you how great your review and pics are, I have to ask about the last picture. Exactly how many rum punches did your hubby have:eek: :D LMAO!

Y'all looked like you had an awesome time! I'm going on this excursion with my son in July. I'll have to take it easy on the rum unless I can talk my sister into going with me:D

Oh, I just have to tell you I think Brit and Francis make a cute pair. Maybe y'all can look him up when you go back for a week! How wonderful would that be to have a daughter on the island?:p

...the last picture..... wellllllll..... let's just say my husband and youngest daughter was fine... he was guarding the room cabin door ;)

thank for the review... no i have to really think if i want to do or the beach party with the rest of our group.... the rum punch looks too yummy...

steph

Best darn rum punch that I've ever had :D

Archived