How Informal is Informal?

bgret53

We are traveling on Viking through Amsterdam in April. Brochure stated that the dress code is casual....slacks for me? Suit for my husband? What about first & last night? Any help would be appreciated from those who have traveled with Viking.

We cruised with Viking last April, r/t Amsterdam, Tulips and Windmills cruise--it was excellent!

For informal nights, Viking asks men to wear a sport coat and tie and I think slacks for women would be fine, too. On casual evenings we saw everything from jeans to dress pants, sport coats, etc. River cruises seem to be much more laid back, dress-wise, than ocean cruises. I ddn't see or hear any dress code "police" on our Viking cruise. :)

Have a great time and hope you like Amsterdam--great city, very walkable!

We will be on the Viking Spirit April 8-15 on the Amsterdam R/T, and to quote from our travel documents:

"Dress aboard and ashore is casual; we suggest you dress comfortably and bring sturdy walking shoes for sightseeing excursions. Dinner attire is "evening casual", and the Captains Dinner is dressy, but not formal."

I plan on wearing docker type trousers with a turtle neck for all dinners, and the wife will be wearing slacks and a dressy blouse. Given the 50# weight limit for baggage flying over, and the time of year that means we will need to be prepared for cooler weather, we don't have room for much else.

And as previously mentioned, I don't think they have clothes "police" on board. Dress neatly and you should be fine.

Cheers,

Archived