Radiance vs. Jewel

I know that these two ships are in the same class, but I saw someones album of the Radiance and fell in love with this ship. The Jewel however has the week we want with the itinerary we want, so I was wondering if there are any major differences. We will be getting a balcony room, and from what I saw from pics of both ships, the balcony's are a little different, but what about the rest of the ship. Is there anyting one has that the other doesn't? Thanks for your help!!

I've sailed on both. Also their sister the Serenade. They're all truly beautiful ships. I really don't recall any major differences. You can't go wrong, whichever you choose. But if Jewel has the itinerary, I'd say go for it.

I have not been on the Serenade, but my favorite ship is the Jewel of the Seas. We sailed in May of '04 to the Baltic, and that was my all time favorite ship. Next month, we will be on Celebrity for the third time on the Constellation, but the Jewel remains #1. The ship is beautiful and you can't go wrong.

As everyone else has already indicated, there really isn't enough difference among the ships in this class to single one out over another. Since Jewel has an itinerary that you are interested in, you won't go wrong in choosing her.

I never thought I would sail on the same ship twice because there are so many others to explore, but as you will see from my signature, we will be doing the Jewel for the third time all the same 8 night itinerary. My favorite ship so far!

If it matters, Jewel has a much more liberal smoking policy, or did last year. All starboard open air decks are actually smoking, including the open air area behind the Windjammer. There is actually a fairly large smoking section in the Schooner Bar. These areas are nearly non-existant on the Radiance. Smokers and non-smokers alike might be interested in these differences.:)

If it matters, Jewel has a much more liberal smoking policy, or did last year. All starboard open air decks are actually smoking, including the open air area behind the Windjammer. There is actually a fairly large smoking section in the Schooner Bar. These areas are nearly non-existant on the Radiance. Smokers and non-smokers alike might be interested in these differences.:)

Oh, thats new for me! Thank You for this information. We booked the Jewel yesterday for a shortcruise. Now I know, I have to be the most time on the port side. :-)

I enjoy it every time very much, if at the cruiseships (and in the holiday in Florida) are not so many people smoking like in Germany. Now I know, why the Jewel is every summer in Europe...

Anyway. I will enjoy this!

Ron

Archived