Pearl cruise - 2/22/08 - 9 day S Caribbean

sazzle99

Can anyone tell me if this is a key vacation time for people in the States - I'm not familiar with your public holidays etc being from the other side of the pond

Having already booked a BC with free upgrade to BB I intend to keep looking at the prices to see if we can later upgrade to a suite for not as many more $$$ as it would cost at the moment. (Since we poor Brits don't get the Upsell Fairy;) I have to just try and do this myself by checking the prices regularly - I guess it's like Thanksgiving - we don't get that either!:D )

So I wondered whether anyone would have any clues on whether this time of year is likely to be a sell out or any experiences of prices dropping or just continuing to rise!

TIA:)

You might be looking at the college spring break crowd, which could be bad news. The good news is that many spring breakers can't afford the 9 day fare. There is a thread somewhere on these boards with a website that can give you the college spring break schedule for 2008. ;)

Thanks for that. It looks like the College spring break is 1st week of March so we should miss that. Don't get me wrong we can stay up late, drink and have fun with the best of them but I like to think we do it in a civilised fashion with consideration for others!:D

We were aboard the 3/2/07 9 night cruise on the Pearl this year, and didn't notice any "spring breakers" crowd. There were a few of the younger crowd, but they didn't cause any problems. Like they said above, the 9 night fare is a little steep for college kids. From reading these boards, the 3/11/07 5 night cruise on the Pearl was jam packed full of college spring breakers that disrupted the cruise in various ways.

Archived