Port in San Juan

rdytogo

We're cruising on the Crown on 11-17 from San Juan. Anyone know which pier from which we will embark? I've read conflicting reports. There is a shop on one of the piers; does it sell wine, juice or mixers?

Thanks

Unless they change it, you should go out of Pier 4. From what I have read, the duty free does have some things, but not all. We are going in 12 days, so I will try to be very detailed in what the Duty Free at Pier 4 carries.

I don’t recall seeing any wine either but admittedly I didn’t look for any, as I’m not a wine drinker. If you have seen the liquor stores in the other cruise terminals of San Juan it’s just like those. (Must be the same owner.)

We're cruising on the Crown on 11-17 from San Juan. Anyone know which pier from which we will embark? I've read conflicting reports. There is a shop on one of the piers; does it sell wine, juice or mixers?

Thanks

There is a shop at BOTH the Panam pier and OSJ.

Mike:)

I KNOW that there is wine at the PA pier!! Second floor before you board! Nice selections there too. I didn't see the wine at OSJ Pier 4 but it was so busy that we couldn't walk through very easy. It probably is the same owner of both I would guess as well.

Thanks for all the replies. Decision we need to make is: take a taxi from airport to store near the pier and buy wine for the cruise or take Princess transfers and buy wine at the pier. Those transfers can be tricky (sometimes you must wait for enough pax to fill up the bus), but that is another subject. Right now we are talking about wine. We usually bring some small plastic bottles of spirits in our luggage, wrapped in bubble and ziplocks, but a nice glass of wine is good in the cabin while dressing for dinner. Not to mention saving a few$$$ by bringing our own on board. Soooo if those duty free shops at the 2 piers sell decent wine, we should be good to go.

You cruisers rock!!!

Thanks,

Liz

Thanks for all the replies. Decision we need to make is: take a taxi from airport to store near the pier and buy wine for the cruise or take Princess transfers and buy wine at the pier. Those transfers can be tricky (sometimes you must wait for enough pax to fill up the bus), but that is another subject. Right now we are talking about wine. We usually bring some small plastic bottles of spirits in our luggage, wrapped in bubble and ziplocks, but a nice glass of wine is good in the cabin while dressing for dinner. Not to mention saving a few$$$ by bringing our own on board. Soooo if those duty free shops at the 2 piers sell decent wine, we should be good to go.

You cruisers rock!!!

Thanks,

Liz

In San Juan, take the taxis. They are plentiful, as cheap or cheaper than Princess Transfers and run on your schedule. Then you can go by Pueblo on your way to the pier and load up on wine.

Mike:)

I agree with Mike. Although I am not a big wine drinker, we always stop by Pueblo's for stuff when we come in for the cruise. They have a pretty decent selection of wines, champagnes, beer, etc. We always get our juice, cokes, etc there also.

Okay that settles it. We'll grab a taxi at the San Juan airport, run by Pueblos

on the way to whichever pier it will be and load up with supplies for the cruise. Counting the days already.

Thanks everyone!

Liz

Liz, you can see the Pueblo's from the highway on your way into SJ from the airport. Ask your cab driver to stop there. When we do that, my DH stays with the cab driver (and all our luggage) and I run in and try to be as fast as I can and get all the stuff we need. We have done this many, many times and have never had a cab driver tell us he would not do it.

Have fun - next Friday it is our turn!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

I had heard that there were stores walking distance to the pier - is that not the case? Is Pueblo's where we would also get soda, water, (in addition to beer, wine, champagne?)..

Our group is taking two taxi's form our hotel in San Juan to Pier 4 (in THREE DAYS). Maybe shoppers in one cab, and others in the others..

Any idea what would be the approximate additional cost to stop at Pueblo's on the way to the pier? We're just wanting wine and perhaps a case of water so won't be long shopping.

Liz, you can see the Pueblo's from the highway on your way into SJ from the airport. Ask your cab driver to stop there. When we do that, my DH stays with the cab driver (and all our luggage) and I run in and try to be as fast as I can and get all the stuff we need. We have done this many, many times and have never had a cab driver tell us he would not do it.

Have fun - next Friday it is our turn!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

I honestly don't think it ever costs us much, if any, more than if we just go straight into town. It is worth it to get what we need.

To answer the other post - there is a very small Pueblo's right in OSJ in the plaza. It is wihin walking distance of Pier 4, however, carrying heavy bags would make it a long walk.

The Pueblo's on the way into town is good size. DH just stays and chats with the cab driver and before they know it, I am back out and ready to go. It maybe costs us an extra $5???

We were scheduled to cruise from Pier 4 (OSJ). That changed last week......we were notified embarkation will be at Pan American pier:mad:

They did the same thing to us for our 11/4/06 Crown sailing. When I booked our 3/31/07 Crown sailing we were supposed to still be out of the Pan Am Pier and then we received notice that it changed to Pier 4. Guess after ours they're going back to the Pan Am Pier.

Archived